Deloitte
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Deloitte Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur25 reviews
Helpful and knowledgeable management.
Sometimes you will meet a good manager and/or partner who will direct and guide you to the correct path in achieving your project's objectives, besides, completing the audit engagement(s). The resource allocation in completing an audit engagement is very important. Staffs and audit experts with relevant technical knowledge and experiences, sufficient time allocated and communication with clients are to be involved and planned accordingly before commencement of any audit engagement.
Competitve and fast paced
Working in an audit/consulting firm, it is very fast paced and competitive. You definitely learn a lot even for a short period of working there. Unfortunately, work life balance is a bit off
Expect to work hard
You are expected to perform 1001 tasks within small time frame and output is of highest quality. The requirements are ever increasing whereas the time and resources are ever decreasing. If you have no support on resources all your work will be delayed and result in excessive hours required to complete it.
Pros
Flexi Friday
Cons
Ad-hoc work
The project are exciting and Uniques
You will get to do state of the art, interesting and mind challenging projects. If you like that than this is the place to be. There is lots of learning and you will work will really smart and passionate people.
Pros
The projects are challengings
Cons
You need to be in the good books of the Partners
Productive and fun workplace
• Conducting various events for Talent Engagement purposes; Internal - orientation, on-boarding session, student visit and career fair. External – guest lecture, career fair, campus career fair, ICAEW conference, sponsorship for events related to Accounting & Finance clubs, subjects and professional certificates.
• Liaising directly with university representatives, student ambassadors, suppliers, vendors and talent students for career opportunity.

• Shortlisting candidates and recruiting candidates for internship programs.

• Promoting Deloitte as a brand and its values and principles through events conducted
Internship
Hired to finish a specific job. I learned a lot about the culture and procedures of a big corporation. I wish I could learn more outside of the administrative tasks.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Was assigned repetitive tasks
Productive workplace
I have completed my three and half months internship as an audit vacation trainee at Deloitte Kuala Lumpur. Throughout the entire engagement, I get the big picture about what an auditor work as. I get the chance to use Deloitte software, EMS 2.0 that can analyze more data more quickly. I have engaged in large influential companies such as Lafarge Malaysia Berhad, WPP Marketing Communication and Bluewater Energy. This allow me to look deeply and objectively at the inner workings of companies - finance, supply chain, inventory, real estate, assets and technology. From gaining audit and assurance knowledge, improving communication skills, technical skills and soft skills to building teamwork and self-confidence, everything was meaningful and crucial because they made me grow.
Pros
Highest pay for internship
Productive and fun workplace
In my current job, I learn auditing skills and enhancing my technical knowledge day by day. Also, I learn how to lead and manage an audit team. With the auditing, technical and management skills that I enhance day by day, this lead to my job satisfaction.
Employees are productive
Good place to start career. Employees are productive. Makes good use of technology. Competitive environment. Focus is on technical competence. Can learn a lot within a few months.
Good for experience
The workforce is challenging but you need to be in the right team for career advancement. Otherwise, your hardwork is thrown in a black hole.

If you’re looking for experience, this is a good place.
Pros
Challenging workforce
Cons
No OT, too old school style
Productive and fun place to work at.
I have learnt:-
• Personal tax computation and preparation.

• Collecting clients’ information & documents.

• Indicate residential status of clients.

• Communicate with Inland Revenue Board officer to confirm validity of information.

Colleagues are kind and supportive, we have gone through peak period together by helping each other out. After all, we have session to celebrate our hard-work and achievements together as a sign of appreciation.
Pros
Good working environment
Expanding Company and Industry
Busy from 9am to 6pm
Helpful co-workers

Great mentors and managers

Expanding in the industry

Good career advancement

Locally cultured and lack of diversity
Challenging workplace but the work can be somewhat rewarding
Lack of headcount perhaps requires more involvement in nitty-gritty work, however overall still a good place to work. There are numerous opportunities to get involved in engagements or projects of various nature.
Pros
Improving staff benefits but still has some way to go
Cons
Lack of staff
Prestigious company
Deloitte Consulting is a good company for career advancement. It offers higher package compared to its competitors and with that, expectation from your performance and output is also high.
Friendly Team
Very friendly and always willing to lend a hand and educate. Team is very knowledgeable as well as compassionate. Facilities well equipped.
Auditor - Work Life Balance is impossible
1) The most enjoyable part of the job is when we meet the client expectation, such as meeting dateline and provide value added service to them
Pros
Better promotion
Cons
healthcare, work life balance
Productive and career and self-building workplace
A good workplace to begin a career in and advance further, with good leadership, management and supportive peers and bosses.

A place to build self-confidence and network expansion.
Pros
Good benefits and perks, loads of extracurricular activities
Cons
Long working hours
Productive and Fun Place to learn
I have learnt communication skill, accounting and auditing skill

Our management is good, will take care of junior well.
Pros
Exposures Bigger
Cons
Long Hours
Skilled Work
Professional & built specialist according to the skills. Training is provided for necessary implementation. Explore more areas & opportunity is given.
Productive and fun workplace
The coworkers are extremely helpful and understanding as they take time to teach the work processes and clarify any doubts that may arise during the process.I have learned to work as a team , be helpful and share responsibilities as certain tasks have short deadlines.The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn new things everyday and experience a friendly office culture.
fun
relaxed but competitive, high possibility of onshore assignment with weekly fly backs and per diem, good management and a lot of non-work related activities
Pros
flexy time
Cons
need to be at project site