Destiny Academy

Destiny Academy Employee Reviews

the curriculum was abeka, which was fun to teach along with being supported by Chapel on Wednesday.

Be yourself honest and up-front. If you are a Christian or have Christian values and morals, you will fit in well. Stay away if you have many visible tattoos or piercings. Know that if you are furthering your education or plan to they are very supportive. Also know that Chapel is mandatory on Wednesday. As Long as You Follow Follow Your curriculum and schedule you won't be micromanaged , and there's plenty of time for planning. If parents are looking for Christian environment for their children this is a great pick.

Pros

planning time every morning, director provided snacks and clean break area.

Cons

director could be very Petty and picky. Her personality was however kind and warm if she liked you.

Growing and making necessary improvements

Good place to work. They care about the welfare of the children. They follow the Texas State Licensing guidelines and take excellent care of the children left in their care.

Pros

love for children

Cons

not enough staff

Poor Management

i liked this work and i liked work with babies . some colleagues not help and the management too do not help the teachers . No fair in work and no good paid.

Pros

paid weekly

Cons

no fair

Very Hierachical

Values input from certain people. Communication continues to plague the organization due to last minute approvals or programs. The people are phenomenal to work with and have clear understanding of a well executed event or program.

Great daycare for your child

It’s a great place to bring your kids ... teachers are great && the cook is amazing . They do pick up you r child from school if your child attends Any school in the area

Not a good place to work

The hurs are long and the pay is really low. Management doesn't know how to manage and they set rules for the workers to follow but lets everybody break those rules. It is a very stressful enviroment to work at and it is a poorly run daycare,

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

poor management

Productive and challenging

I enjoyed every bit of my experience in the school all because I was dealing with little children.I had to get closer to be their friends.I loved them so much and they reciprocated the love to me.This made my work so easy and challenging because I had to teach thirty students in a class.

Pros

They were ready to learn

Cons

Had to spend extra hours on my part to teach

Amazing work place

I love working at Destiny. My boss is so understanding and willing to help out at any cost her love for the kids is so amazing. I look forward to coming into work everyday. The school is really family oriented. I would tell anyone to work here. This job has really helped me to mature and grow in the things of God,

Pros

everything is a PRO

Never a dull moment

I honestly enjoyed working here. We had a stable and supportive team who always bought laughter to the building. The directors had an open door and was always available.

Pros

Free-spirit atmosphere

Cons

lack of benefits

Family

This place feels like family. The principal treats the staff like they are his children. The only trouble with that is you aren't empowered. The pay is low.

Very church like enviornment

The kids are so easy to love once you show them that they can depend on you. the boss that works there she is very understanding and loves to see the employees happy and well treated.

Pros

positive employees, church environment

Cons

little pay

Reasons to not work at destiny academy

Unprofessional women who claim they believe in god but shows no proof of it or works from god. They talk about parents and students behind their back and smile in their faces. Worse business ever.

Pros

Coffee

Cons

Unpaid training

A family orientated atmosphere, It is upbeat and energetic. The teachers are dedicated and the children are happy

Destiny Academy is a great place to be. The teachers are amazing! They are very passionate and caring. They teach Bible stories and Bible songs to the children like in the old days. They have small classroom ratios and the price is very reasonable for the area.

Pros

all inclusive program

Cons

no healthcare, but they do have vision, life and dental

destiny review

a typical work day would be fun until my boss came. she was rude.she also played favoritism towards kids and some staff. very inconstant ,she would bend the rules for some workers but cracked down and picked on others. she also worked of emotions and not facts. I Learned that you could never settle for a job that you dont like and you dont have to pit with peoples rudeness even if it is your boss. Loved my co-worked well most of them they were very reliable. the hardest part of my job would be trying to please my boss and follow state guidelines at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job would be decorating my room for my kids lean and talking to my peers.

Pros

Meeting new people and making an impact of children lives

Cons

No benefits. inconsistent changes with no warning or imput

Ok place to work

When I started at the Academy back in 2005 it was great like a family. I learned a lot pertaining too child care. I gained my CDA and became a lead infant teacher. Manage was fair and encouraging, they cared about the health and welfare of the teachers and students. Co-workers were always willing to lend a hand. We were NAYCE accredited so with the low ratios the job was always stress free. Seeing when a child finally got it and their faces light up was wonderful.

Pros

major holidays off, two week christmas break with pay and spring break break with pay.

Cons

Not a great place to work

You aren't treated well and always taken for granted. They are cheap and will never provide support or supplies for your class. Poor management skills, there is no one to go to unless something major happens with your class. The main focus is MONEY not their staff or students safety, i.e. open during snow storm when county was closed. Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else, over 20 staff members left in May due to horrendous leadership and terrible treatment of staff.

Pros

Dental, vision and life insurance

Cons

Everything, dont apply here.

more pay

9 toddlers potty training feed them 3 times a day 15 women work at that job is when you been their for a year or more and you ask for a raise they wont give it to you I love working with children

Fun place to work

This is a new daycare starting off, but they are doing a great job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Destiny Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits