DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,520 reviews
A lot of on-job training is required. It seems tedious at first but it brings your standard up to international level so it is great. Everyone is of the same mind set and goal
Hilton is a great place to work over all. The down fall is who your mentor is in you first few weeks if you get some one who willing help guid you you will go far. If your mentor is stuck in there aways you need to find your feet on your own.
Pros
Free lunch
Enjoyed the little time that I worked there before the pandemic. Chef was a great trainer. Learned to cook meals that I never cooked only seen being made.
Pros
Nice Chef's
Cons
Pandemic fired me
They are very disrespectful to their workers. Management slacks. All management does is sit around eating and smoking. Provides no help to the workers. Poor training.
Good place to work management offers support pay scale on the lower end for banquets kitchen needs help mostly days events were Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday
Very stressful and very busy everyday for the minimum wage salary. Queues never stop. Management not approchable neither friendly, you are in your own, and you are a number for the company and for the department. Motivation and support from them do not exist. Unflexible rotas and they make you work in many night shifts without asking you. Slave way. And many mistakes for the payment.
I was able to efficiently adapt to an environment that had it’s extremely busy seasons, cooperating with teammates and making sure that everything was on schedule. The workplace culture is built around teamwork, we were more than just a team we were a family.
Pros
Compensated lunch\dinner
Cons
Healthcare was pricey
After 30 years with Hilton I left the company to move to another state. I would work for Hilton again if and when the opportunity presents itself. Thank you for 30 great years...
The older employees have a entitlement attitude,and it seems as if no one notices.it seems to break morale of new employees,The managers picks up the slack with proper training.
Pros
Free lunch, safety incentives(monetary)
Cons
Communication among lower level managers
Aucun système fiable permettant aux employés d’évoluer d’un poste vers un autre sinon d’un département vers un autre.
Pros
Repas gratuit, salle de repos équipée et câblée, connexion wifi gratuite pendant la pause
Cons
Pas de plan de carrière pour les employés
I LOVED this job! The hours were great, the pay was good, and they provided you with free lunch! The management was so kind and understanding, i wish i could have stayed there. I have a problem with my pelvis, and housekeeping is HARD its very physically strenuous, but thats just how housekeeping is! Due to my pelvic issue it was hard for me, but that does not mean it would be that way for others! Most of the housekeepers there have worked there for a very long time. I definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, good benefits, awesome management
Cons
N/a
I truly enjoyed my time working for the DoubleTree by Hilton. I felt supported by our specific management staff and General Manager at our property. I loved the cookies!
Pros
Hilton Benefits, Medical/Dental/Vision, Pto
Cons
Depends on your proprety
The good thing about working at the Doubletree are the cookies and getting to know the your staff and all the different personalities. The bad thing about working for the Doubletree is that it puts wear and tear on you mentally and physically whether it’s a customer or coworker. You try to make the best out of each day but on some days it can be very leary at times.
Pros
Because we had a restaurant on site the pros were that we were able to have breakfast and dinner
Cons
Being on your feet the entire shift without a a break. You have to eat, drink, go the restroom in between customers
Fun events no advance ment / top people in place / high management turn over/pay raise every year -low pay top people get all the good tip events and schedule
Pros
Free lunch left overs
Cons
No advancement
No career advancement. Management always blames front desk/ housekeeping for everything . Not enough money . Asked to work double shifts but not appreciated .
Pros
The restaurant
Benefits
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at DoubleTree by Hilton is not bad. When it's busy you work long hours but when it's the slow season you can take it easy and take some PTO. The only downside to that is that you could only really take vacation when it's really cold or really hot.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at DoubleTree by Hilton are not great. The salary was low and you had to count on your bonus. If the hotel wasn't making money then your bonus was low. Medical benefits were ok but a 401k was non existent.ManagementIn general, managers at DoubleTree by Hilton for the most part didn't really know what they were doing and they made decisions based on favoritism.
- favoritism when it comes to schedule- if you’re not a regular employee (I was an intern), they give you an ugly schedule (based on experience)- they promote managers that doesn’t even have any idea how to operate front desk- low pay
Racist and discriminatory to the african american workers and hispanic workers who work there.They pay off inspectors. So many osha guidlines are broken there everyday from bed bugs to mice in the rooms. They have mice and bedbug infestation. Also a problem with hot water once you get to 5th floor and up to floor 11 higher numbered rooms loose hot water at night. Not a good supply of tools in maintenance department. The workers cafeteria has bugs and is contantly unsanitary .Some real inspectors need to check out this hotel. And not the ones that they pay to turn a blind eye to safety inspections. The employees elevator is a death trap. Acting bipolar on whether it wants to operate properly. Constantly trapping employees inside. I have heard a verified story about a maintenance worker who died because of that elevator
Pros
Free linch. But get tired of the same lunch
Cons
The boss is very racists and doesnt hide it
Working here for over 2 years i have always felt supported at the DoubleTree in Manchester, NH. The managers are very kind and the environment is more like family than work.
Pros
Complimentary Lunches and Dinners, Hilton Hotel Discounts
Cons
low wages and health benefits that are very expensive
All my coworkers were complete trash. Had one who consistently stole items from the guests and only got a slap on the wrist, multiple times. Obvious favoritism. No chance for growth.
Pros
I honestly don't know.
Cons
Too many workers over worked, and yelled at because their performance suffers because of unrealistic expectations of management. Long and absurd hours of willing workers, whose efforts are not appreciated or quickly forgotten, with the only result being eventual mental breakdown, and time off work without pay.
Pros
Once in a while you get free lunch
Cons
Weekends are a must.