DoubleTree by Hilton
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Malaysia44 reviews
A lot of on-job training is required. It seems tedious at first but it brings your standard up to international level so it is great. Everyone is of the same mind set and goal
Nice place to start to work.Great culture.Good working environment.Many E-learning program for your development.Good future for you to grow.Many sports activities.
Pros
Free food etc breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper
Cons
healthcare benefits is good
Hotel provide training and also management is good. Team can learn and teach more skills. Team is supportive even during hard time. Hotel provide 2 days of to staff which is good for them so they can put more concentration in work.
Pros
Provide break meals
Cons
2 days off and medical
The management took care of me and my colleagues like we were a family. They also would love to hire me back whenever possible. Overall, I had a wonderful workplace in Doubletree
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the hotel industry and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notch
Pros
Staff meal
Cons
It was a great place to work with great environment and supporting crew and always had a hand whenever needed to face new things in daily basis.Excellent behavior from the crew as well as the boss
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very Short break
I am thankful to the company because they teach me a lot of things that I never learn in study life. Although the things that I learn is basic,but the supervisor have explain all the details of function to me.
My first four months in the real kitchen industry as a trainee. It was a big eye opener and i realize its not that easy in hotel line, But i could cope with the busy schedule is what made me who i am today
-Good training place and develop your skills.
-People management

-Operation efficiency

- Train the trainer

- CARE culture towards the team and guest
Pros
2 days off
Ensuring Doubletree Brand standards are consistently pray
To be aware of top corporate and VIP clients of the hotel, recognizing and welcoming them by name upon their return visits to the hotel

Ability in all facets of Human Resources nature interviewing,evaluating, discipline and termination

Maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests

Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment, makes recommendations foe corrections and impoas needed

Communicate with the Chef and food & beverage manager to discuss menus. Work in co-operations with the Chef to ensure top quality food serving

Manage and control rooms inventory of Executive Floor rooms
Pros
Free meals, MYR 500 meals allowance everymonth, free parking, company phone
Always a busy day to begin with, but most importantly it help a person to gain confidence and enhancing learning and self development ahead with brand new staff project that able communication between staff and employer directly. Unfortunately the most hardest part ever is that the hotel is too busy that sometimes for a multitasking person need to be unitask as we need to control the pressure that going around. Indeed working in hospitality line is the fastest ways to a person to learn a lot within a short period of time. And the most interesting part is keeping the guest enjoys their stays in the hotel and received abundant of service compliment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less staff
Answering of call for guest to help in their booking or enquires.
Doing of quality checks for guest arrival.

Cashiering duties

Doing of invoice to travel agents & government bodies as and when need.

Answering of e-mails for the reservation.

Doing of group booking for travel agent.
Pros
Food is provided
Cons
it was a good place and fun to work all the staff are very friendly,supportive and professional.The manager will always motivate the workers,the most enjoyable part of the job is we will always go for a drink and bonding every Sunday night when the restaurant is closed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
at hotel double tree by hilton.wokplace so haevy.everyday have new task to do.but still fun to do work,ordering and assingment.with staff and friend funny,humble,(sempoi) and cold.
Pros
benefit and salary
Cons
to be motivation and knowlegde about working..to know about Brand Standard Hilton..Hilton more to develope skill and knowlegde for team member
Pros
more to motivation our staff
Cons
more to doing smothing not follow supervisor
I worked like the others chef and enjoy all the job that chef give to me. I learned how to greeting and lerant a lot of skills in kitchen.
it is fun to work here but it seems to me there no chance for me to moving forward in my career since there is no increment and promotion from head chef itself .
Pros
free meals
Cons
I always work on the night shift. then I work more on the cleanliness of the area and the set-up, especially for breakfast at the coffee house and welcome break for the group who attended the meeting in the function room.
While working here, I have learned much related to my field of work. All skills I learned from the work place before, was able to be developed. In addition, can also learn new skills.All of it is from the guidance of the management team and also from colleagues mutually support each other.

The hardest part of this job is when there are colleagues who are sick and had to take sick leave. The group that remained had to work 'double job' for lack of team members. Besides, when there is a breakdown in the our machinery also the hardest part of our job.We had to work with a little more slowly than like always. Here, the support and cooperation of all colleagues are very much appreciated.

The most fun part of the job is when we celebrated the 'staff party' once a year. When it was we are the guests and also we are the employees too. There is a lucky draw, the stage performance of each department, singing competitions, announcement of the 'Hero of the Year' for the best employees and various programs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
A modern day hotels with all the gadgets that been place in the rooms but still maintaining a very local type restaurant.the cafeteria for staff located on the 9floor with KL view
Pros
locations
Cons
to manys doors
learned a lot from here, got all nice and new equipment , and machine . chef love to teach knowledge , managment also good to us, every month got some activity for staff, keep growing and moving forward
Busy preparing different menu depending on the promotions.
Learn how to be a good leader and to create bound with other staff.

The hardest is when receive a complaint about the food.

The management was okay and the most enjoyable part is i earned so much respect and i think i'm a good leader.
Pros
Lunch Provided
Cons
Healthcare