Dyson

Dyson Employee Reviews

Malaysia20 reviews
Flexible working hour
Freedom at work as long solve problem and achieve objective

Very objective oriented

Too complicated organization - too many layer of management
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Stressful
I have learned about Dyson administrator job as HR Administrator.
Prepare headcount for payroll.

Managed people system (workday) for my functional department.

Employment pass / Dependent pass / Long Term Social visit pass application.

Paperwork preparation for international assignee.
Great company to work and stay. Be able to grow interpersonal and extra skills as they always provided internal training and open to all. Be able to express idea and information through discussion as it is the main style of working there
I am really glad to have opportunity for being here. This company give many knowledge and experience for me to use in future. Everyone at here was so positive and so professional. I like for working here even for just temporary. I have many knowledge that i can apply for my continuous improvement.
Good place to work.
Normal working hour 9am-6pm

Appreciate your effort

Appreciate good result

Hardest part is when my manager keep changing every 2-3 years
Use to have proper direction but now direction not sure. Lack of local high level position may cause foreigners don't understand the needs and culture
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Lack of direction from top to down. Lack of high level local management.
working environment is wonderful.
Human resources department really take good care of staff needs.

staff always have the opportunity to upgrade work skill.
Pros
nice cafe
Dyson is not a typical big business. Once you're in, be prepared to get engaged into a startup-like environment that can be really lively but may be tiring to some. Experiences may differ between sites. As a person who goes in between sites, I find there are different ways of doing things, but it may not be a bad thing.
Pros
Insurance, Salary, Structure
Cons
Changing policies, middle managers
We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways with the right people to work with us. Reinventing as we go.We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise.
Pros
Flexible working style
Cons
ordinary compensation package
It is a great company to learn and grow your engineering potentials. However middle to top management level is somewhat restricted to workers from Britain.
Pros
Lots of new tech in design & testing
Cons
No career path for the local engineers
I have been working in Dyson for 15 amazing years. The management team had evolved from time to time. Every three years the higher leadership team will change and we have to adopt to new challenge and environments for a good purpose.
Pros
Medical benefit
Cons
Job security
Fun to work but decisison keep changing. I have learned little here. The management decision is keep changing, Culture is very confusing. The hardest part of work is clearing someone's back-log. The most enjoyable part is the cafe.
Pros
Fkexibility working hours
Cons
No decsion power
The management is systematic and the work given is well arranged even for a trainee. Space is given to the employee to experiment on their own ideas. The hardest part of the job is that creativity is really important to solve a difficult problem.
Pros
Pantry
Cons
Great place to gain technical knowledge since a lot of new concept and pattern coming from this company. Good work life balance. Fast paced environment.
It routine job with set of instruction to follow and and set limit not to cross the boundary.

A good exposure to world wide people especially UK counterpart and Singapore. A good exposure to new technologies of manufacturing and communicated with local suppliers.

The top level is managed by remote from UK and as usual the local management is not so transparent. Always in race to prove personal loyalty rather than company's growth

A good team to work with as the team is self motivated and like minded

the hardest part of my job being knowing the solution to a problem, but could not implement as the responsibility is not with my job scope.

I love to be product design and intended to be a problem solver. I got lot of opportunity to solve multiple design and manufacturing problem that were neglected by concerned people.
Pros
Low pressure
Cons
restricted boundary, need to pretend to be blind
Having a not matured management team seem not able to bring the team toward a technology company. Unbalance benefit across functions and teams make a bad experience to engineers who work as hard but less in benefit.
Typical day at work consists of getting prototype designs done in CAD, plan and monitor tests related to your designed parts, complete and release production drawings, Monitor production standards.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Work life balance is encouraged by management. UK influential cultures makes Dyson Malaysia become more flexible and professional than others.
Pros
High benefits such as medical benefits and travelling allowance is provided.
Cons
Low career growth rate.
Its very interesting place to work and can enjoy by solving new problem every day. They will giving first priority to safety and works healthcare.
Pros
free tea time food
Cons
safety is first priority, healthcare
The pay for this company is good. Is hard to promote as some of the Dyson products would have out of stock when the customer want to buy it in store.