Dyson

Dyson Employee Reviews

Malaysia24 reviews

Ok company

Management not willing to try new approach. Team not very supportive enough. Can't help to solve issue by themselves. Need us to solve even though we are on leaves.

Good place to gain technical knowledge at your area of expertise.

Good place to start working as a fresh graduate, but it is extremely hard to get promoted here, and the company itself is facing serious brain drain due to many brilliant people leaving as promotion here is next to impossible.It is very hard to get promoted here, i've seen people stuck in the same position for 10 years. Management wise keep changing and often no solid action taken even if feedbacks were given for improvement.

Pros

Free lunches, free coffee

Cons

Zero effort from HR to keep the good talent.

Challenging work place

Good salary, good team and a lot of benefit. High work load.Good team culture.2 ways communicationHave increment every year and 2 times bonus every year.

fun workplace, depends on who is your line manager

fun workplace, depends on who is your line manager, good workplace, need to adapt fast, organization always changes, good colleagues , good cafe, good culture

Fast paced environment

I have learned about Dyson administrator job as HR Administrator. Prepare headcount for payroll. Managed people system (workday) for my functional department. Employment pass / Dependent pass / Long Term Social visit pass application. Paperwork preparation for international assignee.

Great!

Great company to work and stay. Be able to grow interpersonal and extra skills as they always provided internal training and open to all. Be able to express idea and information through discussion as it is the main style of working there

Productive and good working culture

I am really glad to have opportunity for being here. This company give many knowledge and experience for me to use in future. Everyone at here was so positive and so professional. I like for working here even for just temporary. I have many knowledge that i can apply for my continuous improvement.

Flexible

Good place to work. Normal working hour 9am-6pm Appreciate your effort Appreciate good result Hardest part is when my manager keep changing every 2-3 years

Fun place to work

Use to have proper direction but now direction not sure. Lack of local high level position may cause foreigners don't understand the needs and culture

Pros

Salary benefits

Cons

Lack of direction from top to down. Lack of high level local management.

Enjoy the work culture

working environment is wonderful. Human resources department really take good care of staff needs. staff always have the opportunity to upgrade work skill.

Pros

nice cafe

Innovative company

Flexible working hour Freedom at work as long solve problem and achieve objective Very objective oriented Too complicated organization - too many layer of management

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Stressful

Working in Dyson

Dyson is not a typical big business. Once you're in, be prepared to get engaged into a startup-like environment that can be really lively but may be tiring to some. Experiences may differ between sites. As a person who goes in between sites, I find there are different ways of doing things, but it may not be a bad thing.

Pros

Insurance, Salary, Structure

Cons

Changing policies, middle managers

Interesting and Engineer's Playground

We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways with the right people to work with us. Reinventing as we go.We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise.

Pros

Flexible working style

Cons

ordinary compensation package

Large technology company with passion for design

It is a great company to learn and grow your engineering potentials. However middle to top management level is somewhat restricted to workers from Britain.

Pros

Lots of new tech in design & testing

Cons

No career path for the local engineers

Dynamic culture

I have been working in Dyson for 15 amazing years. The management team had evolved from time to time. Every three years the higher leadership team will change and we have to adopt to new challenge and environments for a good purpose.

Pros

Medical benefit

Cons

Job security

No secure

Fun to work but decisison keep changing. I have learned little here. The management decision is keep changing, Culture is very confusing. The hardest part of work is clearing someone's back-log. The most enjoyable part is the cafe.

Pros

Fkexibility working hours

Cons

No decsion power

A relaxing working environment

The management is systematic and the work given is well arranged even for a trainee. Space is given to the employee to experiment on their own ideas. The hardest part of the job is that creativity is really important to solve a difficult problem.

Pros

Pantry

Cons

Great place to expand technical knowledge

Great place to gain technical knowledge since a lot of new concept and pattern coming from this company. Good work life balance. Fast paced environment.

Good Workplace for fresher

It routine job with set of instruction to follow and and set limit not to cross the boundary. A good exposure to world wide people especially UK counterpart and Singapore. A good exposure to new technologies of manufacturing and communicated with local suppliers. The top level is managed by remote from UK and as usual the local management is not so transparent. Always in race to prove personal loyalty rather than company's growth A good team to work with as the team is self motivated and like minded the hardest part of my job being knowing the solution to a problem, but could not implement as the responsibility is not with my job scope. I love to be product design and intended to be a problem solver. I got lot of opportunity to solve multiple design and manufacturing problem that were neglected by concerned people.

Pros

Low pressure

Cons

restricted boundary, need to pretend to be blind

plenty of room for improvement.

Having a not matured management team seem not able to bring the team toward a technology company. Unbalance benefit across functions and teams make a bad experience to engineers who work as hard but less in benefit.

Great Work/Life Balance

Typical day at work consists of getting prototype designs done in CAD, plan and monitor tests related to your designed parts, complete and release production drawings, Monitor production standards.

Pros

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dyson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Dyson in popular locations

• Dyson
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?