Eastern Steel Sdn Bhd

Eastern Steel Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

Malaysia15 reviews

Bad management

typical ch*nam*n company, would ask you to do lot of extra thing but unwilling to pay. Bad management, double standard policies and management. Keep asking for subordinate opinions but won't listen to them.

Pros

Free hostel, group insurance

Good company with good pay

Salary after 1 year of service in this company will definitey fly high, Handle job in a proper and hardworking will help you get promote, and free hostel and bonus and money reward are good

Pros

Free hostel, A lot bonus

Cons

Many manual work with human problems

It was ok for me I work hard there but salary is not enough for me otherwise everything is ok company give me place to stay and cook my self.and there people are so friendly

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

short breaks

Work culture

Before this i have a good time to manage when i go to work.I learned to many procedures electrical in plant , substation and many more. Good management also . Positive working vibes. No The hardest past of the job because we working in teamwork.

Low quality of supervisor

No life balance. At lunchtime, sometimes require to do the work if the workload was high. After work, around 8.00 p.m, the supervisor still sent the job task to me to request me to make correction. Compensation and benefits, salary is satisfied and enough for affording my expenses. My supervisor, HR Duputy manager, lack of empathy.

Pros

Free accommodation and shuttle bus

Cons

Work as an intern, so not much to review. Overall relaxed environment.

Boring, keep looking for work to do else gonna be very boring. People are friendly and the working environment is bad (dirty, dusty - depends on which department you in)

Everyday do the same things

don't have any challenging in work place, environment very bad, unfair manager about the salary and work, and will not recommend for others to come here for work.

Pros

free shuttle bas, and hostel

Cons

the HR simply put staff in irrelevant department, students have finance background but put in pocurement, and student have shipping background, but put in HR department.

Bad Management

Supervisor for operation mostly not competent and very biased for local. Immigrant workers (bngla, myanmar) work less than local. Supervisor does not care operator's working load and just love to act in front of superior

Bad salary scale - biased

Salary doesn't standardized with ur qualifications and experience. 6 years experienced with dgree only pay below rm1800. U can learn in this company but for career advancement, NO

Pros

It's good place to learning

Cons

It's not a long life term place to work.

Should provide more benefits

Currently no production. Thus unable to provide review or else review will be unfair to the company. The company is struggling to maintain payroll and all staff should be grateful.

Provide a facilities such as hostel and transportation to their staff

Learn a new experiences and make a new friends at work place. the company is the joint venture company between malaysia and china. it also has a good management

Work Culture

The staffs are friendly and helpful.Management tend to change decision quickly. Lack of solid working process standardize. Should pay OT to staffs working late.

Pros

Learning Environment

Cons

Hazardous working place

Challenging in heavy industry

My working day is about 6 days per week. I learned the the technical part about steel making process and production of Oxygen, Nitrogen and Argon been produced. Another part I learned is in management process is how to handle people, planning and organizing manpower and ensure all daily works and reports must be completed during the day works.

Productive and fun

Fun work place with management All of them are affable non-discrimination of race Setbacks, never back down Division of labor,Work together

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

N/a

Non-productive

Daily work of mine are collect production data, verify the data and submit the report to company management and record the internal logistic data. Beside that, I also prepared all the documentation of production department and write the 1st edition of ISO 9000:2008 documents for production department. I learned to be more meticulous because the report need to submit to company management and the data must be collect and accurate. I also learned to be multitasking. Working with my co-workers is the most enjoyable part of the job,

Pros

hostel provided for employee from others state.

Cons

Poor management and system due to company just start to set up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Steel Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits