ExxonMobil
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Malaysia33 reviews
really enjoyed my time working for ExxonMobil, unfortunately the company is for sale now so the employment process are currently frozen as the company is going through bankruptcy as what I've been informed.
I have been played off by management.Politics and salary range not same between workers.Not fair and management playing politics games.I have bad exsperience work with exxonmobik Nakaysia
All good. Satisfied employee though have to retrench due to Oil and Gas challenges last 2016. Good working environment as well as work life balance. Friendly colleagues
Best experience ever, good facilities and colleagues. Good leader and opportunity. They teach how to take good care, safety first. Always ask the worker to be safe and report any incident occur.
Job Culture in ExxonMobil is ok
Management only took care of the full-time staff and

love to do cherry-picking within the staff

Very racist enlivenment and 80 % of employees are Malay

no career growth for Non-Muslim
Six years with ExxonMobil really strengthen my skills. Been in oil and gas upstream which required strong integrity and capability has been built in my culture. Hands-on so much in electrical installation, data analyzing & monitoring and repair work. Here’s a little bit more about how my experience would translate into this role:
Performed preventive and corrective maintenance on all electrical equipment which include Breakers, Transformers, Generators, Battery back up systems, ATS, Grounding systems and motor power and control.

Initiate and developed project for equipment upgrade, replacement or retrofit. Followed by developed new procedure and training.

Troubleshooting for any components or circuit to identify faults and come out with solution. This include switching activities for isolation purpose and performing electrical test. Generate work orders for follow up action and parts ordering.
A good company to work with.good benefit, good environment, good friends. professionally good. safety and security are at a high standard. Developed high integrity character.
Kalaupun bekerja tanpa identitas (pasport dan visa) karena tidak memegangnya namun keamanan terjamin. 2 tahun bekerja saya mampu memberikan hasil yang baik sehingga dlm 1 tahun terakhir diberi kepercayaan untuk bekerja mendapingi ow ke store/station yg milikinya utk menjadi mentor para karyawan.
Pros
Kerja diatur d3ngqn baik sesuai job desk
Cons
Waktu istirahat sedikit
It an excellent environment to work. I have learned troubleshooting software and hardware. The management gives importance to the staffs health and conducts monthly health check at work place.
Pros
Ergonomic check, healthcare
Cons
Retrenchment
It is a nice place to work with.A company that have a good system.The people are being trained to work in professional manner and adapt the good working culture.
Wonderful workplace with helpful seniors. I had gained a lot of technical expertise and knowledge with good practise work in many areas. Especially in maintaining safety environment is Exxon's priority all the time.
Pros
working environment
Cons
More enhanced briefing and communications
Very challenging while working in bad weather condition with limit supports of food, maintenance assistance etc.

Operation wise very safe as alot of regulation & system have been implemented to work more safely.

Entertainment & privacy- Require to improve as very minimal of entertainment in term of facility, choices, equipment that provides to offshore. Especially long term satellite overnight crew
Pros
Long holiday, free food, good place to develope career, safe to work
Cons
Lack of entertainment especially long working days, lack of privacy
Company relies only on placing people in different client places.
Salary was not bad. But payhikes were very less. Employee attrition is more .
As the Technical Analyst I provide the support coverage during Asia Pacific time zone, where all the support call will be route to my team base in Kuala Lumpur. This the beauty of the Global Support and location is different time zone. I was able to provide the support coverage for the team member in US ( different time zone by 12- 13 hours)
Daily routine is reviewing all 3rd party contractors JSAs, following up on the PTW compliance, 3rd party equipment inspection on the rig, tool box talks, conducting incident/accident investigations and assisting teh Lead Drilling Supervisor in all safety matters. The management team is great to work with as they all share one common drive - work safely and meet the targets without affecting safety of all on board.
Hardest part of my job was to get 3rd party contarctor's management to help their crew on board to be compliant with ExxonMobil's requirements.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting exposure to all the process during drilling and completion - this was easier as I had to review and resvise all JSAs prior to any job or phase of the operations.
Pros
Great team to work with and salary was good.
Cons
No benefits as I was a contractor.
A company that invests in its employees from day one you join. There is a multitude of opportunities that are offered to employees who are versatile, committed and willing to go the extra mile.
Great place to work great people, Go to work in Malaysia with PETRONAS,
Very good project, working two DPDSV,s

Lots of dive time over a million man hrs with no lost time accidents
ExxonMobil is a very employee oriented in terms of safety and creating a joyful working environment. Large exposure to support various customers across the world.
As being hired by ExxonMobil, the culture is average as minimux supervison and managed to complete all task given from Management. The security of job subject to Management Planning and meet the target to completed.
Learned lots on safety concern and ERT most important during at live Platform, fabrication Yard and loading bay.
Pros
No supply
Cons
As usual
Working shift in 24x7 that is the most typical time went working alone at night .I able to handling the job independent and take that responsibility as teamwork.

Sometimes when system down in Computer room , every one of my team will play a roles and work together .

The most hardest part of my job when user start complaining and cannot login to the server. I have to called many support analyst to checked all the network line and fine out what is the main error. sometimes vendor as Dell also involved.

The most enjoyable when the problem can be solved and user as be satisfied . Some user already know me and give a good feed back to the supervisor. In Exxon every good job the give a reward.
Pros
In Exxon every good job the give a reward that supervisor by a free lunch
Cons
Safety is the primary number one in ExxonMobil.
When hard work is appropriately rewarded and duly recognized by the management, employees will naturally feel valued by the organization for what they put in. Such mentality is healthy for the organization because employees will be willing to go the extra mile without worrying about not getting anything in return.
Pros
Daily Rate working
Cons
tight scheduled