EY logo

EY Employee Reviews

Malaysia83 reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,901 reviews

Great learning Curve

The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great. The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people. Upper management are impressive leaders.

No life

No respect for boundaries, but expect everyone to respect the timeline. Bosses bend over to clients and we bend over for the bosses. Overall a horrible experience.

Pros

Decent colleagues

Cons

Abuse of managerial authority is rampant

I am in one of the smallest consulting departments in EY (M&A) which happens to also be one of the highest profit centres due to the scale of projects. However, my pay does not correspond with this as most of the fees will obviously be pocketed by the profit-sharing partners. I have no problem with this but what I consistently find absolutely demeaning is that the partners and managers expect you to give it your all in each engagement yet feel the need to make it very difficult to ask to claim for any of the overtime hence making you the equivalent of a corporate slave and that stems from the fact that there is a big gap between the manager's expectation of work turnaround and your ability to deliver. This comes at a more stirring time when our already very small department has suffered ridiculously high turnover rates towards the end of 2020, leaving a lot of the remaining seniors to have to pick up the slack in double time and at half the manpower than we had. Our pay has also been adjusted downwards due to the pandemic.As much as our partners refuse to see to our concerns, the high turnover really boils down to the truly questionable managerial capabilities of many of the managers who abuse their power in some very insidious ways. In particular, I've recently had one who refused to pull her weight in an engagement and expected me to work on the entire project alone and be at her beck and call whenever. Her entitlement made me resent my job as I suffered alone while she exploited loopholes in managing two projects simultaneously i.e. telling me she was working on the other -

Pros

Diverse exposure, fairly decent office environment

Cons

Managers who abuse their authority and uninspiring partners (limited to the department you're in), parking is horrendous and expensive, there is little to no options for food nearby

Aside from being a well known international firm, that's all.

1. Salary is the lowest compared to other states in Malaysia.2. OT not claimable while employer expect you to work for 'free' for the company during peaks. 3. Workload and salary is DEFINITELY NOT PROPORTIONATE. Boss expects you to do work as a 'professional' while paying you at a 'fresh grad' entry salary. 4. Superiors expect you to know everything even if you are just a fresh grad. 5. Management is bad and ineffective. 6. Low increment and slim chances of being promoted. 7. Doesn't feel appreciated at work. 8. The list can go on very long, but I decided to make this review short and concise. Apart from some good colleagues, nothing more to say. Advice:Treat your employees like your family member, employees salary shall be proportionate to their workload. As a professional employer from a well known firm, do not abuse your employees in terms of their wages and increment just because you can. Hard work deserves recognisation in terms physically and financially.

Fun Place to work , Hard to get noticed

Fast Paced environment to work in with a diverse work culture. Although it was a short spent time working there due to unfortunate personal matters, i would highly recommend a work environment as EY for growth in career development.

Fast pace working environment

Ernst & Young Kuantan Branch provides fast pace working environment where most of the employees are encouraged to multitasks all the time. It also provides great exposure in terms of knowledge and experience.

No work/life balance

basically sacrificing your life away to work. learned a lot of stuff in span of short time, information overload. but great place to learn pantry is great.

You know what you are getting into

This is a traditional audit firm, so all the things that you have heard about working at an audit firm apply here. You are expected to work long hours during most of the year and the work can get mundane from time to time.

Fun workplace

Great working with colleagues who eventually became friends. But work life balance is not emphasized enough. Hardest part is to manage Senior managers and clients who change too often.

One of the Big 4 in Ipoh

Gain experience and meet different kind of person everyday. Besides, working in here improve my social skill. When faces difficulties in working, it improves my emotional intelligence (EQ).

Productive environment

Extremely challenging environment as most of the jobs were on tight dead line basis. Learned how to manage time as most of the portfolio were time line base. Workplace culture is amazing as EY focuses a lot on positive work culture. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people form different parts of the region

Project-based Lifestyle

Involvement in a wide array of projects ranging across several industries namely Telecommunications, Banking etc. The work culture would encourage quality and timely delivery of work products. The fast-paced environment creates urgency and promotes time management. As the job is client-facing, stakeholder management is enhanced.

Pros

Project Delivery and Execution

Cons

Work-life Balance

Lifetime experience

I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.

Pros

Great people culture

Cons

Great People culture with good career development

- Great People and Great Culture - Good learning experience - Great opportunities - Good employee benefits - Supportive superior - Career exposure - Open communication

Pros

career development and culture

Cons

working hours

Work Culture

I have learn about how to increase my productivity specially in terms of to doing the job within fair and true, others like to learn the ethics in that workplace and the handle the time management with good

Pros

Facilities

Cons

Work Culture

Friendly colleague

I have learnt how to multitasking and be meticulous at work in order to meet deadlines and avoid procrastination. Management has shown good appreciation of staff contribution.

Pros

good mentors

Cons

long working hours

Steep learning curve

Being in the big firm, I need to have a quick learning rate since i need to manage a lot of tasks. Everything was new to me fortunately my team members were very supportive and helpful and that was how I managed to progress quite fast.

Typical big 4

Great company. A lot to learn . Your life will hv no fun. But depends on the team u work with. Benefits great. Haevy workload as usual . Worth the pay. Or less.

Pros

Knowledge

Cons

Workload

Great exposure and environment

EY has provided me with very wide exposure regarding audit field especially for the new starter. The people and culture in EY are very nice and the seniors are very helpful in assisting me in every way that would benefit for the companies and help in developing my knowledge in this area.

Great workplace with a lot opportunities to learn

The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.

Pros

Able to travel

Cons

Long working hours

Excellent working experience despite poor work-life balance

Exposure to different industries and type of organisations is widely available. However, that is, if you can cope well with the poor work-life balance and could accept the relatively low salary compared to your workload.

Pros

Excellent work experiences

Cons

Overtime rate and transport claims are given on a rotational basis, meaning you might not be able to fully claim according to your mileage and OT hours, but need to take turns with your colleagues to claim, due to your job budget constraint.
  • EY