Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

Malaysia80 reviews
The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great.
The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people.

Upper management are impressive leaders.
Fast Paced environment to work in with a diverse work culture. Although it was a short spent time working there due to unfortunate personal matters, i would highly recommend a work environment as EY for growth in career development.
basically sacrificing your life away to work.
learned a lot of stuff in span of short time, information overload.

but great place to learn

pantry is great.
This is a traditional audit firm, so all the things that you have heard about working at an audit firm apply here. You are expected to work long hours during most of the year and the work can get mundane from time to time.
Great working with colleagues who eventually became friends. But work life balance is not emphasized enough.

Hardest part is to manage Senior managers and clients who change too often.
Gain experience and meet different kind of person everyday.
Besides, working in here improve my social skill.

When faces difficulties in working, it improves my emotional intelligence (EQ).
Extremely challenging environment as most of the jobs were on tight dead line basis. Learned how to manage time as most of the portfolio were time line base. Workplace culture is amazing as EY focuses a lot on positive work culture. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people form different parts of the region
Involvement in a wide array of projects ranging across several industries namely Telecommunications, Banking etc. The work culture would encourage quality and timely delivery of work products. The fast-paced environment creates urgency and promotes time management. As the job is client-facing, stakeholder management is enhanced.
Pros
Project Delivery and Execution
Cons
Work-life Balance
I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.
Pros
Great people culture
- Great People and Great Culture
- Good learning experience

- Great opportunities

- Good employee benefits

- Supportive superior

- Career exposure

- Open communication
Pros
career development and culture
Cons
working hours
I have learn about how to increase my productivity specially in terms of to doing the job within fair and true, others like to learn the ethics in that workplace and the handle the time management with good
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Work Culture
I have learnt how to multitasking and be meticulous at work in order to meet deadlines and avoid procrastination. Management has shown good appreciation of staff contribution.
Pros
good mentors
Cons
long working hours
Being in the big firm, I need to have a quick learning rate since i need to manage a lot of tasks. Everything was new to me fortunately my team members were very supportive and helpful and that was how I managed to progress quite fast.
Great company. A lot to learn . Your life will hv no fun. But depends on the team u work with. Benefits great. Haevy workload as usual . Worth the pay. Or less.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Workload
EY has provided me with very wide exposure regarding audit field especially for the new starter. The people and culture in EY are very nice and the seniors are very helpful in assisting me in every way that would benefit for the companies and help in developing my knowledge in this area.
The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.
Pros
Able to travel
Cons
Long working hours
Exposure to different industries and type of organisations is widely available. However, that is, if you can cope well with the poor work-life balance and could accept the relatively low salary compared to your workload.
Pros
Excellent work experiences
Cons
Overtime rate and transport claims are given on a rotational basis, meaning you might not be able to fully claim according to your mileage and OT hours, but need to take turns with your colleagues to claim, due to your job budget constraint.
The Company is a good place for a fresh graduate to work as it will give you an inclining learning curve where you can find a very challenging and interesting industry to work with.

The most enjoyable parts are the buddies or your colleagues there. They were awesome.

One thing that you will learn here is how to prioritize and manage your time very well.
I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Being a part of EY is basically one of my proud moments in my life so far. EY is one of the great companies, not only the fresh grads but also the experienced ones should join as the firm provides strong career development and solid industry knowledge. Working in EY as an auditor, long working hour may be tough for us, however helpful and friendly colleagues are always there to lend a hand or, to cheer up the stressful environment!
Pros
Strong career development & solid industry knowledge
Cons
Dull and health hazard working environment due to long working hour.
Really a good place to start with and build your career. You can earn more valuable knowledge from there. You can directly direct with your clients, and can provide accounting and auditing opinions to them.
Pros
Earn extra knowledge
Cons
No worklife balance