Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur42 reviews
The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great.
The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people.

Upper management are impressive leaders.
Fast Paced environment to work in with a diverse work culture. Although it was a short spent time working there due to unfortunate personal matters, i would highly recommend a work environment as EY for growth in career development.
basically sacrificing your life away to work.
learned a lot of stuff in span of short time, information overload.

but great place to learn

pantry is great.
Great working with colleagues who eventually became friends. But work life balance is not emphasized enough.

Hardest part is to manage Senior managers and clients who change too often.
Extremely challenging environment as most of the jobs were on tight dead line basis. Learned how to manage time as most of the portfolio were time line base. Workplace culture is amazing as EY focuses a lot on positive work culture. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people form different parts of the region
Involvement in a wide array of projects ranging across several industries namely Telecommunications, Banking etc. The work culture would encourage quality and timely delivery of work products. The fast-paced environment creates urgency and promotes time management. As the job is client-facing, stakeholder management is enhanced.
Pros
Project Delivery and Execution
Cons
Work-life Balance
I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.
Pros
Great people culture
- Great People and Great Culture
- Good learning experience

- Great opportunities

- Good employee benefits

- Supportive superior

- Career exposure

- Open communication
Pros
career development and culture
Cons
working hours
Great company. A lot to learn . Your life will hv no fun. But depends on the team u work with. Benefits great. Haevy workload as usual . Worth the pay. Or less.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Workload
EY has provided me with very wide exposure regarding audit field especially for the new starter. The people and culture in EY are very nice and the seniors are very helpful in assisting me in every way that would benefit for the companies and help in developing my knowledge in this area.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.
Pros
Able to travel
Cons
Long working hours
The Company is a good place for a fresh graduate to work as it will give you an inclining learning curve where you can find a very challenging and interesting industry to work with.

The most enjoyable parts are the buddies or your colleagues there. They were awesome.

One thing that you will learn here is how to prioritize and manage your time very well.
I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Being a part of EY is basically one of my proud moments in my life so far. EY is one of the great companies, not only the fresh grads but also the experienced ones should join as the firm provides strong career development and solid industry knowledge. Working in EY as an auditor, long working hour may be tough for us, however helpful and friendly colleagues are always there to lend a hand or, to cheer up the stressful environment!
Pros
Strong career development & solid industry knowledge
Cons
Dull and health hazard working environment due to long working hour.
A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.
fast paced environment with plenty to learn and good progression rates, however the common audit firm culture persists - multiple overnights during peak periods lead to less productivity and poor health.
I am taking charge of tax compliance work (i.e. review tax computation, review tax estimate and correspondence letter, etc.), provide tax ruling opinion on the business transactions to client and liaise with the Inland Revenue Board for the tax dispute and investigation on behalf of client's corporate tax matter.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Cross reporting in function
For the past 40 months with EY, I have grown a lot from day 1 I stepped into this firm. From team work to leadership. I was given a chance to lead a few engagements where I dealt with teams from various part of the world such as Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and more. This international exposure is an eye opening experience.
Pros
International experience
Cons
Long working hours
Research and proposal preparations for multiple projects that cuts across various sector. Learned researching and business acumen skills, with personal grooming. Long hours are hardest part of the job and vthe most enjoyable part is the variety of project background
Pros
High learning opportunities
Cons
Different service line will have very big differences. Choose wisely. You might end up doing simple and unchallenging work. OT culture is encouraged here (MY).
had a great leader who guide all along my internship
open a great opportunity to start of my career journey

great team work and fun environment, beyond my expectation..

friendly coworkers who always help and guide throughout thick and thin
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
peak training days are hard