EY Employee Reviews for Accountant

EY's culture promotes teaming and I think thats what separates it from other firms. It is an inclusive workplace where you can always feel like family
EY is a firm i will always recommed for any body to experience as the experience last a life time. it is a place where every staff opinion is respected. the firm respect everbody culture and religion. EY staff are people with intergrity, people building relationship by doing the right.
Improved my self One opportunity What do u learner Work place culture Most enjoyable part of job Hardest part of the job Management Tipcal day of work
The firm is team oriented and very diverse. You get to work with people that have different backgrounds which is great. The firm has taught me how to supervise the team I work with and how to manage deadlines and expectations of higher management.
Auditors verify that these financial statements, particularly the ones of public companies that are required to be released annually, are assembled in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The job was challenging
The deadlines can get tough, but you always walk away with new knowledge and experience after every audit. Busy season is pretty tough with long hours and tough deadlines, but things usually calm down after May. I personally had a good work-life balance.
Work was difficult, but interesting. High corporate culture, adequate salary. There were many interesting assignments related to changes in tax legislation.
Manage a selected list of clients, undertaking their accounting services was the most interesting part of my job as I was able to built client relationship very easily and quickly.
This company was very focused on a good work life balance. Providing good and quality service to it's clients by utilizing technology, very focused on the development of employees in their particular roles so that they can excel in their relevant functions. That is what attracted me most about this company as well as them being very forward thinking especially with the changes right now in the world of accounting.
Very productive and active company to learn a lot from them was very good experience very friendly and respectful colleagues and environment was space for improving I highly recommend this company
E&Y is one of the big audit firms, where continues learning is very normal. Every day, will learn something new. In additional, being exposed to different client, different industrial exposure, result in increasing the knowledge extensively.
Excellent place to work for people starting their careers. High performance culture with lots of travel opportunities. Work life balance is very poor, and organization of work can be scattered.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not enough personal time
great company and diversity. it has a terrible work life balance but you have to be prepared for this industry. the management works with you and they have great clients.
Un día típico está lleno de retos y nuevas actividades que debes de resolver.
Pros
Calidad y Aprendizaje
Cons
Dedicación al 100%
Quick-paced, competitive and hard-working staff. The management team was awesome and implement training programs in order to optimize the individual and organizational goals.
work with different personalities and extraordinary culture and very supportive individual to ensure u realize your maximum potential and given various opportunities .
Pros
Travelling to various client
Cons
Long hour occasionally depending on the business needs
work hard, stay motivated, stay positive and you will succeed and be happy within your career. Ensure you proactively schedue your life and busy season wont be so bad.
The days at work usually started with a pile of work and finishes the same way. However I usually got a tea break at 10am for 15mins and lunch for an hour at 1pm. I did everything from preparing financial statements to preparing VAT and tax returns to data entry, bank reconciliation to certain day to day accounting matter. The management was work friendly and quite helpful. My colleagues and I had an understanding whereby all tasks were achieved with ease. Hard part of the job was the long hours of work which usually took away many my weekends and holidays. What I enjoyed the most was my accomplishments and achievements of my job targets.
The hardest part of my day is waking up and going to work. Having moved from a small town to the big city was a big change challenge for me. I have spent time trying to adjust.
Teaming is a fundamental aspect of the job where each audit sees you work with different people across various service lines within EY from different backgrounds, the amount and level of diversity is great as you are continuously learning about various cultures and the beliefs that they have. Moving onto different clients is one of the hardest things to encounter and I was able to learn how to adapt fast to the environment, but this is eased due to management's integration with the team and how they work closely with us. The learning curve is huge and I love the challenge that each client comes with as you need to teach yourself as much as you can about the client and their business within a very short amount of time in order for you to be able to apply yourself to the audit. The continuous learning that happens in the life of audit is what I enjoy the most about this job.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Not enough time to adequately know everything that happens in the entity that you are auditing
This was my first job and I cant thank enough EY providing me opportunity to work in Oman, Bermuda and Monaco. Busy season are busy but expected but staff was fun to work with and learnt alot!