EY Employee Reviews for IT Analyst

workplace work is very professional, life balance is very good, the hardest part in my job handle to client , or most enjoyable part in my job is this is 3 rd position in the world
New grads, little lost, dont know where to start. It was me 3 years ago. EY is a good place to start my career, but after awhile, I realized that it is not a place to stay forever. I do not want to do things that can be automated and also matters little to the society. I didn't see myself add values.
Very nice people to work with. Opportunity to travel, and experience different workplace cultures. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Throughout my time at Ernst & Young I was run through the gauntlet in a positive manner. While the workplace is fast-paced and challenging, you could always rest assured that your work made a difference in the world. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to reliably count on your co-workers.
Pros
Recreational activities outside of work to encourage team building.
Cons
At my location, management could have looked out for the employees and watched for burnout.
Great place to work, very collaborative, technical sound leadership, very methodical, process oriented. Great managers from whom I learnt allot. Encourages team work.
Gave me the opportunity to work on multiple projects and different projects throughout my tenure. Opportunity to take risks and decisoins and learn. Great team.
EY offers a chance to get good solid experience fast. Smart hard working co-workers and strong focus on training programs. Highly recommend for new MBAs.
There are many teams/ many different workstream you can participate. Even if you're in one workstream, there are many chances and opportunities you can get to know others and get to know the work in other workstream. Since the position is project-based, you have chance to get involved in other things rather than your own job description during low season.
EY was my first global company. I loved how big is this company and how you can share things with everyone, not only in that country. You learn a lot of things in just one day and you use this everytime. The EY experience lasts a life time, absolutely!
In IT audit, we assess IT business processes to gain assurance that they can be relied on. This involves walking through the processes with the client, then testing them to ensure they work as they're supposed to.
Pros
Client interaction, team lunches
Cons
Lots of commuting, 55 hours during busy season
Easy to grow and learn new things at the same time,huge exposure and fun culture and workplace ,get to work in different industries that we learn and study in different business processes and reengineering
A good place to learn and build your understanding on your subject matter. You get exposure to work on working with EY teams across the globe and be part of a global auditing team.
Has great mentors and peer advisers to help you learn and get you adjusted.Learned how to work with Visio, Excel, SQL, and Axure. Prepares you to work with many different stakeholders.
During my journey at EY I enjoyed my time surrounded with a high qualified individuals which is helped me to improve my skills and knowledge.
E&Y is one of the biggest audit firms worldwide and possess a very wide network. During my short stay at EY, i have participated to some missions.
Compensation was way below market value. Management did not appreciate employees to bring them to market value, instead they let them leave for other companies. This caused a terrible work environment in the practice.
Provide IT and Business process consulting to Fortune 500 clients. Learned application development in Lotus Notes. Management was great. Co workers were very friendly and respectful. Hardest part of my job was dealing with harsh Chicago winters. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
not enough training provided before being placed with a client
-One hour lunch break. -Presentation, documentation, problem-based solving skills -Young people -Total availability, long work journeys, strict policies for travelling dietaries. -Dynamic, heterogeneous work letting the employees to participate in several projects form different clients.
Pros
Dietary suplements, international work, dynamic projects
Cons
Long journey, hard work, total availability for work
The EY experience is a lot stimulating. My typical working day is located by the clients headquarter where i carry out PMO activities. I supported my customers not only for processes analysis or functional analysis but also in to daily activities such as meeting planning or recap.