EY

EY Employee Reviews for Senior Associate

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,930 reviews

Great workplace with a lot opportunities to learn

The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.

Pros

Able to travel

Cons

Long working hours

Abuse of managerial authority is rampant

I am in one of the smallest consulting departments in EY (M&A) which happens to also be one of the highest profit centres due to the scale of projects. However, my pay does not correspond with this as most of the fees will obviously be pocketed by the profit-sharing partners. I have no problem with this but what I consistently find absolutely demeaning is that the partners and managers expect you to give it your all in each engagement yet feel the need to make it very difficult to ask to claim for any of the overtime hence making you the equivalent of a corporate slave and that stems from the fact that there is a big gap between the manager's expectation of work turnaround and your ability to deliver. This comes at a more stirring time when our already very small department has suffered ridiculously high turnover rates towards the end of 2020, leaving a lot of the remaining seniors to have to pick up the slack in double time and at half the manpower than we had. Our pay has also been adjusted downwards due to the pandemic.As much as our partners refuse to see to our concerns, the high turnover really boils down to the truly questionable managerial capabilities of many of the managers who abuse their power in some very insidious ways. In particular, I've recently had one who refused to pull her weight in an engagement and expected me to work on the entire project alone and be at her beck and call whenever. Her entitlement made me resent my job as I suffered alone while she exploited loopholes in managing two projects simultaneously i.e. telling me she was working on the other -

Pros

Diverse exposure, fairly decent office environment

Cons

Managers who abuse their authority and uninspiring partners (limited to the department you're in), parking is horrendous and expensive, there is little to no options for food nearby

Great for experience in a variety of industries

I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.

Pros

Experience

Wide range of Client

able to gain experience for providing service to MNC companies hardest job is drafting an advice gain satisfaction when i was able to deliver what client want

Pros

better exposure

Cons

long working hours

Young and Fun workplace

Being in audit gets to know more youngsters as most of them are fresh graduates. The friendship that you gain apart of work will be valuable.

Pros

Friendship gained

Cons

Long Hours

Great company with purpose-led leadership, driven by strong vision in 2020

Great company with purpose-led leadership, driven by strong vision in 2020. The company is growing rapidly as a result. However, workload can be demanding sometimes, given tight deadlines.

Jobs at EY