EY

EY Culture reviews

Clear

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,930 reviews

Great learning Curve

The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great. The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people. Upper management are impressive leaders.

Fun Place to work , Hard to get noticed

Fast Paced environment to work in with a diverse work culture. Although it was a short spent time working there due to unfortunate personal matters, i would highly recommend a work environment as EY for growth in career development.

Fun workplace

Great working with colleagues who eventually became friends. But work life balance is not emphasized enough. Hardest part is to manage Senior managers and clients who change too often.

Productive environment

Extremely challenging environment as most of the jobs were on tight dead line basis. Learned how to manage time as most of the portfolio were time line base. Workplace culture is amazing as EY focuses a lot on positive work culture. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people form different parts of the region

Project-based Lifestyle

Involvement in a wide array of projects ranging across several industries namely Telecommunications, Banking etc. The work culture would encourage quality and timely delivery of work products. The fast-paced environment creates urgency and promotes time management. As the job is client-facing, stakeholder management is enhanced.

Pros

Project Delivery and Execution

Cons

Work-life Balance

Lifetime experience

I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.

Pros

Great people culture

Cons

Great People culture with good career development

- Great People and Great Culture - Good learning experience - Great opportunities - Good employee benefits - Supportive superior - Career exposure - Open communication

Pros

career development and culture

Cons

working hours

Work Culture

I have learn about how to increase my productivity specially in terms of to doing the job within fair and true, others like to learn the ethics in that workplace and the handle the time management with good

Pros

Facilities

Cons

Work Culture

Friendly colleague

I have learnt how to multitasking and be meticulous at work in order to meet deadlines and avoid procrastination. Management has shown good appreciation of staff contribution.

Pros

good mentors

Cons

long working hours

Steep learning curve

Being in the big firm, I need to have a quick learning rate since i need to manage a lot of tasks. Everything was new to me fortunately my team members were very supportive and helpful and that was how I managed to progress quite fast.

Jobs at EY

See more jobs

Great exposure and environment

EY has provided me with very wide exposure regarding audit field especially for the new starter. The people and culture in EY are very nice and the seniors are very helpful in assisting me in every way that would benefit for the companies and help in developing my knowledge in this area.

Great workplace with a lot opportunities to learn

The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.

Pros

Able to travel

Cons

Long working hours

Great for experience in a variety of industries

I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.

Pros

Experience

Cons

A company that has a good culture and vision.

A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.

Typical hectic

Workplace is very stressing. Seniors unwilling to guide and managers is pushy on work. Lunch on time but workload is too overload. Not passion in guiding.

Pros

Some seniors willing to guide juniors.

Cons

Upper management very bad.

Plenty to learn means zero work life balance

fast paced environment with plenty to learn and good progression rates, however the common audit firm culture persists - multiple overnights during peak periods lead to less productivity and poor health.

Ernst and Young a good place to gain experience

My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.

Pros

exposure to different accounting practices from different companies

Cons

there is no emphasize on work life balance

Apply to the right service line

Different service line will have very big differences. Choose wisely. You might end up doing simple and unchallenging work. OT culture is encouraged here (MY).

Great team work and wonderful environment

had a great leader who guide all along my internship open a great opportunity to start of my career journey great team work and fun environment, beyond my expectation.. friendly coworkers who always help and guide throughout thick and thin

Pros

flexible working time

Cons

peak training days are hard

The Company provides a good platform to start a career.

EY provide positive working environment, managers and seniors will make time to explain and to coach junior. Everyday, new challenges and complexities push my limits and enhance my knowledge but the hardest part is to find work life balance

Friendly and helpful work team

The friendly culture in EY is one of the most valuable factors that makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to engage in various industries and it helps to expand my field of vision.

Pros

Learning opportunity

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K