EY

Clear
3.8Job Security & Advancement

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,930 reviews

Fun Place to work , Hard to get noticed

Fast Paced environment to work in with a diverse work culture. Although it was a short spent time working there due to unfortunate personal matters, i would highly recommend a work environment as EY for growth in career development.

Abuse of managerial authority is rampant

I am in one of the smallest consulting departments in EY (M&A) which happens to also be one of the highest profit centres due to the scale of projects. However, my pay does not correspond with this as most of the fees will obviously be pocketed by the profit-sharing partners. I have no problem with this but what I consistently find absolutely demeaning is that the partners and managers expect you to give it your all in each engagement yet feel the need to make it very difficult to ask to claim for any of the overtime hence making you the equivalent of a corporate slave and that stems from the fact that there is a big gap between the manager's expectation of work turnaround and your ability to deliver. This comes at a more stirring time when our already very small department has suffered ridiculously high turnover rates towards the end of 2020, leaving a lot of the remaining seniors to have to pick up the slack in double time and at half the manpower than we had. Our pay has also been adjusted downwards due to the pandemic.As much as our partners refuse to see to our concerns, the high turnover really boils down to the truly questionable managerial capabilities of many of the managers who abuse their power in some very insidious ways. In particular, I've recently had one who refused to pull her weight in an engagement and expected me to work on the entire project alone and be at her beck and call whenever. Her entitlement made me resent my job as I suffered alone while she exploited loopholes in managing two projects simultaneously i.e. telling me she was working on the other -

Pros

Diverse exposure, fairly decent office environment

Cons

Managers who abuse their authority and uninspiring partners (limited to the department you're in), parking is horrendous and expensive, there is little to no options for food nearby

Fast pace working environment

Ernst & Young Kuantan Branch provides fast pace working environment where most of the employees are encouraged to multitasks all the time. It also provides great exposure in terms of knowledge and experience.

No work/life balance

basically sacrificing your life away to work. learned a lot of stuff in span of short time, information overload. but great place to learn pantry is great.

You know what you are getting into

This is a traditional audit firm, so all the things that you have heard about working at an audit firm apply here. You are expected to work long hours during most of the year and the work can get mundane from time to time.

One of the Big 4 in Ipoh

Gain experience and meet different kind of person everyday. Besides, working in here improve my social skill. When faces difficulties in working, it improves my emotional intelligence (EQ).

Lifetime experience

I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.

Pros

Great people culture

Cons

Great People culture with good career development

- Great People and Great Culture - Good learning experience - Great opportunities - Good employee benefits - Supportive superior - Career exposure - Open communication

Pros

career development and culture

Cons

working hours

Typical big 4

Great company. A lot to learn . Your life will hv no fun. But depends on the team u work with. Benefits great. Haevy workload as usual . Worth the pay. Or less.

Pros

Knowledge

Cons

Workload

Great exposure and environment

EY has provided me with very wide exposure regarding audit field especially for the new starter. The people and culture in EY are very nice and the seniors are very helpful in assisting me in every way that would benefit for the companies and help in developing my knowledge in this area.

Jobs at EY

See more jobs

Fun and challenging working life

The Company is a good place for a fresh graduate to work as it will give you an inclining learning curve where you can find a very challenging and interesting industry to work with. The most enjoyable parts are the buddies or your colleagues there. They were awesome. One thing that you will learn here is how to prioritize and manage your time very well.

Great for experience in a variety of industries

I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.

Pros

Experience

People Culture & Working Environment

Being a part of EY is basically one of my proud moments in my life so far. EY is one of the great companies, not only the fresh grads but also the experienced ones should join as the firm provides strong career development and solid industry knowledge. Working in EY as an auditor, long working hour may be tough for us, however helpful and friendly colleagues are always there to lend a hand or, to cheer up the stressful environment!

Pros

Strong career development & solid industry knowledge

Cons

Dull and health hazard working environment due to long working hour.

More knowledge able to earn in EY

Really a good place to start with and build your career. You can earn more valuable knowledge from there. You can directly direct with your clients, and can provide accounting and auditing opinions to them.

Pros

Earn extra knowledge

Cons

No worklife balance

A company that has a good culture and vision.

A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.

Love the people culture

Somewhat typical corporate in a sense that you can expect intense work load but the people I have encountered in EY are generally really nice and most leaders are approachable and encourage juniors to contribute to projects.

Pros

Company trips, free merchandise, nice hotels

Cons

For branch /smaller offices, not much room for career progression.

Team Culture

For the past 40 months with EY, I have grown a lot from day 1 I stepped into this firm. From team work to leadership. I was given a chance to lead a few engagements where I dealt with teams from various part of the world such as Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and more. This international exposure is an eye opening experience.

Pros

International experience

Cons

Long working hours

Productive and fun workplace with supportive senior staffs

6 months training in EY Kota Bharu gave me a new and priceless experience where I am able to meet up new people and being in a new working enviroment.

Great team work and wonderful environment

had a great leader who guide all along my internship open a great opportunity to start of my career journey great team work and fun environment, beyond my expectation.. friendly coworkers who always help and guide throughout thick and thin

Pros

flexible working time

Cons

peak training days are hard

Friendly and helpful work team

The friendly culture in EY is one of the most valuable factors that makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to engage in various industries and it helps to expand my field of vision.

Pros

Learning opportunity

Learn a lot of things

Gain new experience in audit area for self-improvement in the future. The staff are friendly and helpful and I travel a lot when I join this company. Learn how outstation life was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K
3.1K
1.5K

• EY
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?