Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Management reviews

Malaysia80 reviews
The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great.
The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people.

Upper management are impressive leaders.
Involvement in a wide array of projects ranging across several industries namely Telecommunications, Banking etc. The work culture would encourage quality and timely delivery of work products. The fast-paced environment creates urgency and promotes time management. As the job is client-facing, stakeholder management is enhanced.
Pros
Project Delivery and Execution
Cons
Work-life Balance
I have learn about how to increase my productivity specially in terms of to doing the job within fair and true, others like to learn the ethics in that workplace and the handle the time management with good
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Work Culture
I have learnt how to multitasking and be meticulous at work in order to meet deadlines and avoid procrastination. Management has shown good appreciation of staff contribution.
Pros
good mentors
Cons
long working hours
Workplace is very stressing. Seniors unwilling to guide and managers is pushy on work. Lunch on time but workload is too overload. Not passion in guiding.
Pros
Some seniors willing to guide juniors.
Cons
Upper management very bad.
My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.
Pros
exposure to different accounting practices from different companies
Cons
there is no emphasize on work life balance
Good place to learn and good colleagues. However, you will not have any work life balance work here. Management is demanding and can be unreasonable at times.
Pros
Good Trainning
Cons
No work life balance
Typical hours were 8.30am-5.30pm excluding OT during days I visited client's premises. My seniors were very friendly and were willing to answer my questions.
I learnt about how the Auditors prepared financial statements, engagement letters and the organisational structure of the firm.
The firm had a fairly flat organisational structure so I got to interact with people who were near senior management level.
The hardest part of the job was understanding and carrying out some parts of the statutory audit as I had not studied audit at University yet.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Pros
Near to restaurants, friendly seniors
Cons
Induction was not very organised
i learnt about auditing from senior auditors and had the chance to visit audit client's office as well as the communication skills in the workplace. The management in the office is good. Everyone is cooperative and productive. I have met lovely and friendly colleagues. I felt comfortable working with them. The hardest part of the job is that some tasks are challenging for me and seniors did not have time to coach me individually during the peak period. The most enjoyable part in the workplace is that sharing food and having good time talking with colleagues during break time.
Pros
great workplace culture
Cons
Throughout the 2 years in EY, i have learned a lot especially on team management. It is a good opportunity to master all the technical skills and apply it to the client's project. The most challenging part was to hit the very short deadline with limited resources.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Steep learning curve, friendly staff and management, Exposure to various industries, Education support. However, the norm of long working hours is expected.
EY provides good training and career progressive.
The clientele is complex, which is also required a lot of travelling.

Staffs are management are overloaded with jobs, but less office politic due to the fair treatment and allocation of resources.
Pros
Training and study allowance
Cons
No personal time
It enable us to be more independent and discipline as we will be assigned to clients' workplace for our fieldwork without supervision.
Our time management skill had been improved as we need to submit our task on time, even with heavy workloads.
It is enjoyable to work with co-workers in a team and we will give motivation to each other when facing stress.
My job mainly deals with preparing and maintaining financial reports also it was a great task to perform the revenue allocation process for all the middle east EY offices. It is a great privilage to be the part of such an organsiation where employee is the master.Also got the opportunity to share my ideas and to work with a great Enterprise Application Management team.
Pros
frequent rewards and recognition, organisational activities
Cons
Year End and Month End tasks may extend the work hours