EY

Clear
3.6Salary & Benefits

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,930 reviews

Fun Place to work , Hard to get noticed

Fast Paced environment to work in with a diverse work culture. Although it was a short spent time working there due to unfortunate personal matters, i would highly recommend a work environment as EY for growth in career development.

You know what you are getting into

This is a traditional audit firm, so all the things that you have heard about working at an audit firm apply here. You are expected to work long hours during most of the year and the work can get mundane from time to time.

Fun workplace

Great working with colleagues who eventually became friends. But work life balance is not emphasized enough. Hardest part is to manage Senior managers and clients who change too often.

One of the Big 4 in Ipoh

Gain experience and meet different kind of person everyday. Besides, working in here improve my social skill. When faces difficulties in working, it improves my emotional intelligence (EQ).

Project-based Lifestyle

Involvement in a wide array of projects ranging across several industries namely Telecommunications, Banking etc. The work culture would encourage quality and timely delivery of work products. The fast-paced environment creates urgency and promotes time management. As the job is client-facing, stakeholder management is enhanced.

Pros

Project Delivery and Execution

Cons

Work-life Balance

Lifetime experience

I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.

Pros

Great people culture

Cons

Great People culture with good career development

- Great People and Great Culture - Good learning experience - Great opportunities - Good employee benefits - Supportive superior - Career exposure - Open communication

Pros

career development and culture

Cons

working hours

Excellent working experience despite poor work-life balance

Exposure to different industries and type of organisations is widely available. However, that is, if you can cope well with the poor work-life balance and could accept the relatively low salary compared to your workload.

Pros

Excellent work experiences

Cons

Overtime rate and transport claims are given on a rotational basis, meaning you might not be able to fully claim according to your mileage and OT hours, but need to take turns with your colleagues to claim, due to your job budget constraint.

People Culture & Working Environment

Being a part of EY is basically one of my proud moments in my life so far. EY is one of the great companies, not only the fresh grads but also the experienced ones should join as the firm provides strong career development and solid industry knowledge. Working in EY as an auditor, long working hour may be tough for us, however helpful and friendly colleagues are always there to lend a hand or, to cheer up the stressful environment!

Pros

Strong career development & solid industry knowledge

Cons

Dull and health hazard working environment due to long working hour.

A company that has a good culture and vision.

A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.

Jobs at EY

See more jobs

Ernst and Young a good place to gain experience

My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.

Pros

exposure to different accounting practices from different companies

Cons

there is no emphasize on work life balance

High learning opportunity

Research and proposal preparations for multiple projects that cuts across various sector. Learned researching and business acumen skills, with personal grooming. Long hours are hardest part of the job and vthe most enjoyable part is the variety of project background

Pros

High learning opportunities

Cons

Apply to the right service line

Different service line will have very big differences. Choose wisely. You might end up doing simple and unchallenging work. OT culture is encouraged here (MY).

Can be fun and challenging

Depends on projects, it can be fun at the same time challenging . At times project scope is too big with limited resource. Team members are normally are helpful

The Company provides a good platform to start a career.

EY provide positive working environment, managers and seniors will make time to explain and to coach junior. Everyday, new challenges and complexities push my limits and enhance my knowledge but the hardest part is to find work life balance

Friendly and helpful work team

The friendly culture in EY is one of the most valuable factors that makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to engage in various industries and it helps to expand my field of vision.

Pros

Learning opportunity

Good for learning

Good place to learn and good colleagues. However, you will not have any work life balance work here. Management is demanding and can be unreasonable at times.

Pros

Good Trainning

Cons

No work life balance

High learning curve

Coaching is the culture at EY, Seniors and Managers will take time to explain and coach us in areas which we do not understand. However, the hardest part of the job is to maintain a work life balance.

Cons

A very good company to work for

Co-worker very friendly, interact very well together like a family. Manager and boss very easy to work with. Very big company and workplace huge and clean.

Pros

Big company

Cons

Lots of deadline

Friendly colleagues and good management

i learnt about auditing from senior auditors and had the chance to visit audit client's office as well as the communication skills in the workplace. The management in the office is good. Everyone is cooperative and productive. I have met lovely and friendly colleagues. I felt comfortable working with them. The hardest part of the job is that some tasks are challenging for me and seniors did not have time to coach me individually during the peak period. The most enjoyable part in the workplace is that sharing food and having good time talking with colleagues during break time.

Pros

great workplace culture

Acceptable

it's not recommended for fresh graduate who has a little bit of work life balance in mind which caused much of the key staffs to resigned at a certain point of time that resulted in disruption in operation

Pros

travelling

Cons

staff arrangment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K
3.1K
1.5K

• EY
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?