Fairview International School

Fairview International School Employee Reviews

Nice place with good colleagues

Poor management, but nice working with the teaching staff and students, lots of events to be involved in, supportive parents, lots of collaboration in a week

Stressful working environment

Workloads not telly with pay. Work stress until get forbear, mental torturing. Poor and unfriendly management. Work and life unbalance. Think twice before you apply any job in there.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

low salary

Can't wait to leave the company

- Indecisive managements (keeps changing decisions, later will blame us for the delay)- Micromanaged by the top managements(need to report daily activities to the director)- No work life balance (they will call you in the middle of the night just to get something to be done for them)- Can't even go back at 3.30pm/skipped lunch on most of the days- Stressful on the overloaded works/tasks given - Too many meetings(mostly lengthy ones)- Too many adhocs (aside of the daily works given, they will need so many other reports before you go back)- Keep changing formats (reports & submissions)- Never listen to employees (employees have no right to say anything)

Pros

Free lunches(bland tasting) & good colleagues

Cons

Almost everything

Stressful

Overloaded and one way contract. Expected to change job description according to the need at that time. Cannot say no. Good place for career progression but when you are overloaded, you will not be good at a anything.

Fun workplace with positive colleagues

The time spent at school is reasonable and positive workplace culture. I got the chance to mingle around with my colleagues regardless their age, race or religion.

Poor benefits and lower pay to local

overall, what helped me to survive there was only the good teamwork and leadership culture there (just my team) not our board of directors' members. some of us worked for 3 years yet still earning at the same pay.

Not having much life and work balance, No proper training for new inexperienced teacher

- teaching music in both instrumental and conceptual class for both primary and middle-level students. - learned how to deal with kids in the classroom, learned how to do documentation etc. - the management of the music department did not do well in giving a proper assignment that workers need to handle especially when preparing the lesson plans for the upcoming semester. Some of the new teachers got a chance to collaborate/work together with the seniors or others in preparing the lesson plan for Lower Grade Primary-Level. While other new inexperienced teachers like myself struggled to prepare the lesson plan because of less knowledge and training. - the hardest part of the job is doing a lesson plan and class management. - the most enjoyable of this job is learning something new despite having such nice colleagues in Johor Bahru campus.

Productive and fun place to work

One of the best places to work. Lots of professional development opportunities are given. Great work culture. Great location. Lots of benefits for the staff.

Pros

Less working hours

Cons

May need to work on weekends and less holidays

Safe and active

Do your own work and succeed. Never reveal or talk too much about yourself or work given to you to other working colleagues.There are always good and bad in every organization. Its based on us whether to propel or exit the job.

Grow

Alot of beneficial learning for teaching, every friday CPE which will develop the teaches and mold them even better. Good environment, good colleagues.

Pros

good enviroment

Cons

less holidays

Dillema

Employers can gain tons of experience and knowledge. In exchange for that, welfare and lifestyle are expected to be sacrifice. Hence, there is not much enjoyment can be done in order to have meaningful life after working hours.

Pros

Nice and helpful colleagues around

Cons

Being forced much rather than discussed in the first place

But for certain things the work culture is productive

Both of my immediate superiors are good and understanding people but they have little control over other things. I learned a lot about the inquiry based teaching, concept based teaching and collaborative learning. the work culture is less demanding and relaxing but there is a lot of record keeping and paper work. the most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to teach my own favorite subjects ut the hardest part is that you don't know where you would be teaching in the next quarter.

Pros

team- work

Cons

uncertainty

Education

Good working time, not that friendly colleague, not much benefits, good school and students, nice location, can learn and experience work and skills..

Only if you are a fresh grad

This can be your ultimate choice of work experience. But be prepared to work more than what is standardly require as a teacher. You also have to follow their PGDE course even though you have a master of education.

Pros

colleagues are nice

Cons

barely have time to have a proper meal

The hardest is travelling continuously and the best is dealing with people

I have learnt how companies are, the structure, the finance, the human resources, the pace, the needs, the ups and downs. Overall companies are integrated by human beings with pros and cons consequently management helps to add value and correct or redirection mistakes. Establish guidance for employees throughout standard procedures helps but team motivation and achievable goals should be clear and accepted for the whole workforce. There is no typical day at work, everyday is a challenge. It is a priority for me go back home with the well done job feeling.

Pros

Management is rewarding when work is well done

Cons

Internal audit can be disappointed when problems come out.

Good teachers training

- good working environment - i have learned alot as in becoming a teacher with all the training provided and also how to handle stress work - students are good

Pros

helpful colleagues, good training

Cons

workload

We had a great team and always supporting the staff

They appreciate the teachers and always care for the well being. We had constant monitoring so that we can share ideas and our lesson plans. The management were always there to assist you

Pros

Appreciation dinner and events

Cons

Long trainings

productive

Great experience. I have learnt a great deal about teaching and have progressed in becoming the personal project coordinator. Management is very understanding and has allowed me to set up a variety of different sports teams.

Hardworking, good in meeting deadline and able to work under pressure

At Fairview international school the job starts at 7am and ends at 3:30pm. I have learned IB style of teaching through staff development. Excellent team work and good at meeting deadlines.

Pleasant working place

Has pleasant working area, with warmth people and easy to work with. Good management and trigger my capability in working. I've learned not only handling teachers but also student requirement. Somehow it is a great experience of working but the hardest part is that the salary given is small.

Pros

End office hour at 3.30 pm

Cons

Limited period for break

always exciting

a day work is tough but not to worry because the management will be there to assit. you can learn many things thee and also the work there is peaceful even the work load is heavy.

Pros

extra lunch hour

Cons

no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview International School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fairview International School