Genting Malaysia Berhad

Genting Malaysia Berhad Employee Reviews

Malaysia130 reviews

high turnover

work life unbalanced, low pay, limited allowances, no ot fee, high turnover rate, heavy workload, no internal training providednot recommend to work here

Its a fun workplace.

Superior and collegue is so helpful. Somemore, a lot of benefits you wil get when you work at Genting Malaysia. Really exciting and enjoyable. It is also a comfortable workplace. All the restaurant is nearby, so easily to go for lunch. Can reach to Genting Malaysia by Monorel or by Bus such as GoKL bus. So easy and convenient.

Big company.. Secured work

Good to work here.. Nothing much bad here.. Sometimes the management and HR.. Normal lke other company.. But its quite good to work here.. Who want to save money can work here, but must be clever to saving.. If not it will be more worst than normal

Intern experience

During internship period, the daily job scope is handle call and provide first level support. Colleague is friendly and helpful in order to provide any guideline to solve end user issue.

Pros

Big company

Cons

Management issue

Best friendship but less money

Need to improve the discipline of certain team members.Always the same colleague that do the work,others dont know what they do. Management rarely give punishment so some certain employee dont do work,and let others do their work.they go swipe in and go back to their room

Pros

Ada tempat tinggal.

Cons

Barang mahal

Not so great

Pay is quite low/ below market rate. Used to get 3 - 4 months of bonus prior pandemic but now no bonus with pay cut making it worse. If you like cool office then you won't like it here because the building is quite old. Pantry only has water and nothing else, no drinks/snacks/biscuits. Very hierarchy type of management style and hard to get along with bosses. Systems quite lousy, still using desktop unless you are manager level and above.Overall not a recommended place to grow your career.

Pros

18 days annual leave, not so fast paced

Cons

Poor office, pantry, system and management

Be quick, be high witted, learn everything, ask anything.

If you want to be amazed, then glance into the beautiful department of IT with pool table and city scenery. On the side note, only a few months in and my growth is exponential.

Fun

None, overall fun , easy to meet friend, cold environment , need to be able to work at midnight , smoky , free staff meal and enriching experience for part timer

Pros

Cold

Cons

Cold

stressful workplace

Could be a nice place to live in. accommodation and on duty meal provided. work is stressful if without proper guidance and when high volume of incoming customer requests

Pros

Free on duty meal

Cons

Long hours, difficult customer

Croupier

You can save more here as you do not need to pay for the hostel fees, lunch is provided too. Working hours is routinely so you may lack of sleep sometimes.

Excellent experience !

Love-hate working here. It was fun working with colleagues. A bit stressful work but it was manageable. I really love working here since the weather is always cold~

Pros

Free medical service, accomodation provided and workplace is only walking distance, good food

Cons

A little underpaid

A reputable company on the outside

A good place to increase your customer engagement skill. Need to handle emotion and able to solve the problem when facing irritated customer. It will be very busy during weekend and public holiday.

Pros

Duty meal and accommodation provided

Cons

Less opportunity for career advancement

Poor teamwork in the workplace

I am the worker in Genting, I feel the employee between genting is having some attitude problems because some of member are not willing to corporate and make discussion, I feel very disappointed and also make our poor teamwork outcome, this company are not the good in teamwork since the employee's behaviour problem

Fun workplace

Everything is hard but the hard is gonna make you future easy,be open minded.every place in work there will be ups and down seems you have no choice you have be productive day by day until you're confident with it

Pros

Free food on work time

Lots experience for business development skill and communication

One of great Malaysia global company to understanding the cultural differences of VIPs from various countries, understanding of colleagues from different cultural differences, leadership training, communication negotiation strategies training, practicing for business development concept papering include general tele marketing, general service assistant job for client. It was a great company to build experience and career in the field through preparation, understanding of the work of the relevant departments, I learned how to discover and develop business opportunities here, and how to solve my problems when I have problems with what I do.

Pros

Meal provided, private condo provided

Cons

medical insurance for myself and my family provided

I learn lot from this company and best place to start our career.

We work as a team and family. We have very understanding team. Gain more work experience and how to work under pressure. Fun place to work. Most of our team start they Career from here.

Pros

medical benefit & family day

Work with good employees

Learned many experience such as solve customer problems. Work with good cooperation with other team members, supervisors and above level. Good workplace with harmony environment. Be a team leader which is doing daily scheduled for team members, Trainer for new team members all about attractions, safety and standard operating procedures.

Pros

Reach many experience and knowledge

Cons

There is no issues

Good and more experince

More benefit u can get if u work hard and to be smart person. U can get more experince In genting highland berhad. U can find more friend in genting from every where country. U will enjoy in ur life style in genting

Unique working environment

We do eight hours rotation shifts as business running 24 hours a day. Unique working environment as it is the only legal casino in Malaysia. Check in for work and check out after 8 hours of work, no follow up of work needed most of the time. Handling of difficult or fussy customer is part of your daily duty, stay cool and you will be fine.

Pros

Meal and accommodation provided

Cons

Night shift which is from 2300-0700

Good

It was a new experience. Youngsters , spm leavers able to working with Genting highland. If the cold Weather is suitable for your health you can work with Genting highland entire life time.

Good Company

Good Company for non-married cause of 12 hour working and 2 shift for customer service . Transport claim take too long to claim 2 month after reciept date .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genting Malaysia Berhad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Genting Malaysia Berhad in popular locations

• Genting Malaysia Berhad
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?