H&M Management reviews

I had been working for 6 months, for my experiences the job is quite stressful at the moment because it is a flagship store and we have our own standard that need to maintain Nevertheless, the working environment is good people there help each other and not judgmental of your background and equality workspace.
Pros
Staff purchase
Cons
Management, Working workload not payoff with the payment
You got to be very strong and fast mentally and physically. The job demand you to multitask alot. Basically you are the cashier, runner, messy tidy person, everything. always have to be fast.
Pros
Awesome break room, toilet inside break room
Cons
slow sale store have lest staff, alot of places to cover. fitting room, cashier, salesfloor. hectic. management sucks at communicating
Very good management and nice environment. Very helpful senior to assist a new member or team. Good quality of work and very details. A lot of very fast working workers.
Too many workload which is not worth it with salary. Increment only given if the employee achieve high performance level. Did not fair in the selection for higher position.
Pros
Use a good values of working
Cons
Healthcare, not healthy environment
H&M company is fun and good place to work, with the great culture within store team, it also a good place to start your career in retail industry especially in fashion industry. You will provided with all necessary tool for you to learn and as a referent to do the daily task In H&M as a staff you will feel the opportunity to grow to the next level but for the management team, the grow process is a bit slow due to lot competitive, high demanding from company and some time it base an individual perception on you not from overall your performance. In H&M you need to be ready all the time in term of last minuet changing of planing and budget control due to company need to react to the selling and economy situation, you need to do preparation with the limited time and limited resources such as manpower to execute task give with the high expectation outcome. For the work life balance in H&M, to whose not married yet, you should start you career in here but for those already married, i advice you think twice before you join because of you might need work more hours often because of limitation of time given to you to finish you task. Overall work life balance in H&M i can say 7 out of 10. For the benefit from company, you will entitle staff purchase discount and also medical card (just for employee, family not included). The most enjoyable part in this company is your store team member, they always working in a team and always give support to you to execute the task given by company
Nice environment, staff such a happy place to work. Nice management. But have to improove the working hours for part time. Its not fair for them to working based on sales
>on normal days, i would tried to complete my designated tasks, serves customer walking in & tidying up my very own departments while running other tasks > i learned how to interact better with the society, working as a team, coping with different skills and able to multitasks > in terms of managements, they are providing us with our esssential needs and have their employees prepared for whatever is significant for customer and employees development. communication is the key for the management and the rest of the staff. discussing and team talks, feedback and reviews are the highlights of this jobs > the toughest part this job is when we had to work over 12 hours due short amounts of personnel and speed test > being able to fulfilled the customer needs and seeing them leaving with a smile on their faces bring outs the joy inside of me.
Pros
offering good money
Cons
your body will sore out due to constant movement and hours of standing still
Usually during festive seasons, it will be the busiest time for us. From there I've learned time management, patience and also customer service. The management is okay. My supervisor, he's cool.The hardest part of the job is maintain the floor. The clothes must be immediately put back to its own place, fitting room must clean all the time.
Learn new thing day by day . I do breaffing before we start the work. And trying archiving target per week and months. We have fun team membe and management team
Pros
Full time
Cons
Full time
Given chances to learn about merchandising even though I'm a sales advisor ,that's the fun part about learning something out from my work description. On and off there's event to attend but only for internal staff(the company's goal is changing every year and everyone is responsible to help achieve it). The longer I work, the more responsibility added but salary wise is not very good compare with the workload. Everyday is a battling day for a low position staff like us. Due to the challenges, I still accept it and take it as apart of my journey because learning is fun and looking for improvement as well. I try to do the best out of everything.Not every management team members are supportive yet bias to the staff. I guess I've learnt everything I can in this store in my position and I'm hardly to get promoted to the next level, so I decided to change to a new environment to expand my career. I'm a person who always like challenges in my work because improvement is my priority in my career wise.
Pros
Paid tea time break (15 mins), 2 days off, medical and minor dental benefits
Cons
Less manpower when sales target is not achieve during the days, staff often need to rush against time to complete the daily task, weak management team, less salary even though working for long years and above.
a typical day at work which starts with staff meeting where management team will announce yesterday sales achievement and today sales target. the management team will motivate the staffs and sometimes will do role playing on how to assist customers, what happen on the sales floor. the management, senior staffs, generally all the staff will teach and correct each other if there are mistakes and teach us to be more organized in our work even when it is busy. the hardest part of this job is dealing with fussy customers and visual. the most enjoyable part is we are a team and a family among the staff and the management.
as as sales assistant,i would make sure my department tidy and serve my customer well everyday. I learned to be better at customer service by serving my customer well so we will achieve higher sales. Management was great. Workplace culture was fun,everyone is working in a team and helping each other.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
lack of communication between staffs and mangement team
a typical days of work is fun and enjoy,i learn a lot about customer service and teamwork,the management also have a good response to employee and good character
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
It was fun place to work because i am allowd to be myself (ladyboy) and dont have to worry about gender discrimination. But it could have a better management team in which takes care of the staff welfare rather than just the company.
All the staff and manager are really sporting, friendly, and give me warm working environment. this company has given me nice experience in handling customers while doing routines.
Pros
Management take care of their employees
Cons
Too many routine
Day at work is pretty average, People there are normally willingly to help if we are in need of help. Management is pretty one sided where they do not have open discussions. The hardest part of the job is to tolerate with people not opening up and listening to ideas which has potential to help the company grow. Enjoyable part of the job is that we get to meet new and different kind of people everyday.
Pros
Being able to learn about fashion
Cons
No free food, short breaks.
H&M provides excellent working environment to staffs and I had the best working experience there regardless working under pressure or during holidays. Senior staffs and management helped new staffs like me for guidance on store operations, floor and stock management, and customer service.
Pros
good staff discount
Working by rotational shift and off day which is 9 hours per day exclude 1 hour break 5 days a week. So many think can be learned here it is just the need for you to be an eager to ask person. Recently the superior management is not good. As in the increment is not standardised, every year change the increment policy. The workplace is nice everyone is friendly.
Although everyday we start work the same time and we see the same people every day. But the most important thing is they make a place fun and exciting to go to work every day. Working here not only I have learn to be a Visual / Stylist but also the following: - prioritize heavy workload - excellent planning and execution - to see and know about customer profiles - to manage timing to be efficient - to know how to study market trends The management is fun and they are always open minded. They will always want to know how are we doing in our respective store. Working with a team is always a fun as there no I in a team so we are always train to work as a team because team work is dream work. I guess the hardest part of the job is when there are no garments to display for the particular trend and also to display a lot of garments in a beautiful way for customers to buy. Every day is fun.
Pros
store budget for kick off
Cons
The working culture is great, and on top of that, I was surrounded by such great company of staff who were nothing short of welcoming and fun. A typical day at work? There's simply no such thing - I come across something new and exciting each day (be it a wonderful customer or trying not to make any cashier errors initially) Hardest part of the job: Definitely inventory unloading was the hardest but with such great company and management, time flies by so worry not!
Pros
Great working culture
Process customer returns, answer questions about merchandise, and manage exchanges. Respond to service inquiries and coordinate resolutions with management and floor associates. Put up signage regarding recall items and changes to store regulations. Distribute merchandise to floor associates to be restocked in correct departments. Cover for cashiers going on break and maintain drawer accuracy. Complete shift start/end duties and generate reports for management.