H&M Employee Reviews

I had been working for 6 months, for my experiences the job is quite stressful at the moment because it is a flagship store and we have our own standard that need to maintain Nevertheless, the working environment is good people there help each other and not judgmental of your background and equality workspace.
Pros
Staff purchase
Cons
Management, Working workload not payoff with the payment
A lot to learn! very fast-paced, and get to do a lot of decision making. But sometimes this position at this company may require you to sacrifice your time and life. Work and life balance is not really what you can get unless you are very efficient and manage your time well.
>on normal days, i would tried to complete my designated tasks, serves customer walking in & tidying up my very own departments while running other tasks > i learned how to interact better with the society, working as a team, coping with different skills and able to multitasks > in terms of managements, they are providing us with our esssential needs and have their employees prepared for whatever is significant for customer and employees development. communication is the key for the management and the rest of the staff. discussing and team talks, feedback and reviews are the highlights of this jobs > the toughest part this job is when we had to work over 12 hours due short amounts of personnel and speed test > being able to fulfilled the customer needs and seeing them leaving with a smile on their faces bring outs the joy inside of me.
Pros
offering good money
Cons
your body will sore out due to constant movement and hours of standing still
Usually during festive seasons, it will be the busiest time for us. From there I've learned time management, patience and also customer service. The management is okay. My supervisor, he's cool.The hardest part of the job is maintain the floor. The clothes must be immediately put back to its own place, fitting room must clean all the time.
I have been described as a team player, self motivated in any interested area and have a very good relationship with my team workers and professionally. I also can work under pressure and i'll be responsible to any task that has been given. I prefer to work fairly organised environment where my performance measured with some accuracy
Pros
lunches
Cons
healthcare
Everyday with the same routines like do customer service, folding garments and maintain the garments care on sales floor, clear the fitting room and etc. I've learned how to make a conversation with customer, to improve my customer service, multi-tasking while working like example aware with customer at surrounding while do a task given. Having a positive workplace is a bless with friendlies, open-minded and straight forward colleague but the hardest part of the job is to deal with uncivilized & snobbish customer. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is i feel satisfied when i help customer with what their need like finding sizes, telling about fashion, and find the garments.
Pros
Free Hostel
Cons
Short breaks
Learn new thing day by day . I do breaffing before we start the work. And trying archiving target per week and months. We have fun team membe and management team
Pros
Full time
Cons
Full time
Given chances to learn about merchandising even though I'm a sales advisor ,that's the fun part about learning something out from my work description. On and off there's event to attend but only for internal staff(the company's goal is changing every year and everyone is responsible to help achieve it). The longer I work, the more responsibility added but salary wise is not very good compare with the workload. Everyday is a battling day for a low position staff like us. Due to the challenges, I still accept it and take it as apart of my journey because learning is fun and looking for improvement as well. I try to do the best out of everything.Not every management team members are supportive yet bias to the staff. I guess I've learnt everything I can in this store in my position and I'm hardly to get promoted to the next level, so I decided to change to a new environment to expand my career. I'm a person who always like challenges in my work because improvement is my priority in my career wise.
Pros
Paid tea time break (15 mins), 2 days off, medical and minor dental benefits
Cons
Less manpower when sales target is not achieve during the days, staff often need to rush against time to complete the daily task, weak management team, less salary even though working for long years and above.
a typical day at work which starts with staff meeting where management team will announce yesterday sales achievement and today sales target. the management team will motivate the staffs and sometimes will do role playing on how to assist customers, what happen on the sales floor. the management, senior staffs, generally all the staff will teach and correct each other if there are mistakes and teach us to be more organized in our work even when it is busy. the hardest part of this job is dealing with fussy customers and visual. the most enjoyable part is we are a team and a family among the staff and the management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
as as sales assistant,i would make sure my department tidy and serve my customer well everyday. I learned to be better at customer service by serving my customer well so we will achieve higher sales. Management was great. Workplace culture was fun,everyone is working in a team and helping each other.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
lack of communication between staffs and mangement team
a typical days of work is fun and enjoy,i learn a lot about customer service and teamwork,the management also have a good response to employee and good character
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
It was fun place to work because i am allowd to be myself (ladyboy) and dont have to worry about gender discrimination. But it could have a better management team in which takes care of the staff welfare rather than just the company.
Overall, H&M has the good value which is good for those who want to pursue in Visual Merchandising or retail industry. With face pace mode industry, I believe this company will grow and suitable for those who want to gain an experience.
Pros
Working shift, 5 days working, bonus
Cons
9 hours working hour, no increement
Work with a value provide by company , friend n safe working environment . The company provide a good benefit n working experience to anyone . Everyone is working as a team to achieve the company goal .
This job was very interesting. It gave you the opportunity to express yourself by coming to work in whatever fashion you felt. Best people to work with, very open minded. Good company values
Pros
Flexible timetable
All the staff and manager are really sporting, friendly, and give me warm working environment. this company has given me nice experience in handling customers while doing routines.
Pros
Management take care of their employees
Cons
Too many routine
tasks are a lot easier because being provided with daily rota and routines. we have values to implement in our work life and personal. customer service oriented.
Pros
Inside store bathroom, surau and pantry and place to rest
Cons
annual leaves for part timer
The environment of the workplace are hectic and so welcoming to all customers. There are so many garments that is so eye-catchy with reasonable price & there's alot of promotions every week.
Pros
2 times day off in a week
Cons
One hour break & 15 minutes break paid
Awesome place to work and grow! The company provides trainings and let the employees grow internally. They would promote their staffs and really takes good care of their benefit.
Day at work is pretty average, People there are normally willingly to help if we are in need of help. Management is pretty one sided where they do not have open discussions. The hardest part of the job is to tolerate with people not opening up and listening to ideas which has potential to help the company grow. Enjoyable part of the job is that we get to meet new and different kind of people everyday.
Pros
Being able to learn about fashion
Cons
No free food, short breaks.
H&M is best place to work. Benefit: Medical Card Staff Welfare 15min break 2 days off Balance shift 1 hour break 9 hours for working hours Pantry Prayer room Toilet
Pros
Staff welfare
Cons
Short Break, medical card
  1. Employee Reviews