H&M Employee Reviews

I had been working for 6 months, for my experiences the job is quite stressful at the moment because it is a flagship store and we have our own standard that need to maintain Nevertheless, the working environment is good people there help each other and not judgmental of your background and equality workspace.
Pros
Staff purchase
Cons
Management, Working workload not payoff with the payment
I have been with this company for 5 years. Developing my skills slowly from sales advisor and now i am the visual manager in one of the top store in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Really love to work with this company in London.
Pros
Visual Merchandiser is my life.
Cons
H&M provides excellent working environment to staffs and I had the best working experience there regardless working under pressure or during holidays. Senior staffs and management helped new staffs like me for guidance on store operations, floor and stock management, and customer service.
Pros
good staff discount
nice place and got friendly workers.i can got more friend and can also learn something new. i also saw the work place are very clean. i hope if i do something wrong, the worker can teach me.i love H&M.
Pros
easy to get offday
Cons
far from my house
Latest fashion information will be provided weekly. Visual merchandiser will teach us all about fashion and ad-hoc information. the workplace culture is friendly.
Working by rotational shift and off day which is 9 hours per day exclude 1 hour break 5 days a week. So many think can be learned here it is just the need for you to be an eager to ask person. Recently the superior management is not good. As in the increment is not standardised, every year change the increment policy. The workplace is nice everyone is friendly.
It was fun but tired. Besides that, I enjoyed working here because the team was very sporting and helpful. I learned about retail life in H&M and it really helps me to improve my skills and knowledge on hot to deal with everything about work.
first of all, h&m was awesome, satisfied with the overall working environment. beside that, all the co-workers was good. in my opinion, the hardest part of this job is when public holiday, it was so busy and we encountered with many problem.
Pros
50% discount off all item to all employees
Cons
shortbreaks
do a cashier , take care a fitting room and assist customer . a place that can learn work in teamwork , help each other . a very safety workplace and grow company .
Pros
a safety workplace
Cons
shortbreak
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
great company with great group of people to work with. Fashion brand with great vision of future development. Wonderful people around and a good team.
I think this is good environment workplace, enjoying working here. A good retail i ever had working. And i want to be here again working with good and best staff
Although everyday we start work the same time and we see the same people every day. But the most important thing is they make a place fun and exciting to go to work every day. Working here not only I have learn to be a Visual / Stylist but also the following: - prioritize heavy workload - excellent planning and execution - to see and know about customer profiles - to manage timing to be efficient - to know how to study market trends The management is fun and they are always open minded. They will always want to know how are we doing in our respective store. Working with a team is always a fun as there no I in a team so we are always train to work as a team because team work is dream work. I guess the hardest part of the job is when there are no garments to display for the particular trend and also to display a lot of garments in a beautiful way for customers to buy. Every day is fun.
Pros
store budget for kick off
Cons
The working culture is great, and on top of that, I was surrounded by such great company of staff who were nothing short of welcoming and fun. A typical day at work? There's simply no such thing - I come across something new and exciting each day (be it a wonderful customer or trying not to make any cashier errors initially) Hardest part of the job: Definitely inventory unloading was the hardest but with such great company and management, time flies by so worry not!
Pros
Great working culture
very had fun with my colleague and we work as one team . be straight forward & open minded when someone give us a feedback and we believe in people.
Pros
every months we celebrate our colleague
Cons
recovering from back pain
Process customer returns, answer questions about merchandise, and manage exchanges. Respond to service inquiries and coordinate resolutions with management and floor associates. Put up signage regarding recall items and changes to store regulations. Distribute merchandise to floor associates to be restocked in correct departments. Cover for cashiers going on break and maintain drawer accuracy. Complete shift start/end duties and generate reports for management.
The Swedish fast- fashion apparel company exposed me to a wonderful world and experience of fashion, fast- changing, fun and dynamic work space that I couldn't ask for more. Here, I have the opportunities to meet people from different countries, backgrounds and cultures which is exciting. In H&M, I have the opportunities to interact, communicate and build relationship with customers and co- workers from a diversity of background. I also gained experiences and developed better problem- solving and communication skills in handling unexpected events such as handling complaint from customers. The working environment and relationship between co- workers were good with the effort of the management team organizing employees' bonding activities such as dinner gathering, movie, season kick- off and so on. The most enjoyable part of the job is that employees are constantly rewarded by H&M if the team performed well in achieving the company's target which is very motivating. The most exciting part is the career advancement opportunities offer to anyone. Further, employees are constantly undergoing training in order to be at their best to perform the best customer service to the customer.