HSBC Employee Review

Loan Officer; Work hard play hard

12 October 2020
The job is cold calling clients to refinance their homes and borrow as much as possible to consolidate or to do home improvements if there is equity. The rates are higher then most financial institutions or banks so it can be a difficult sale unless client has a bit lower credit score. Job is very goal driven. Can be a difficult Job but if you get the sales you will blossom. You must be good with sales. I was there during the 811 crisis and was let go because I couldn’t sell after the event. No one trusted or wanted to make a move with the company.
Pros
Money is great if you are selling
Cons
No sales no job period.
8 August 2020
Account Servicing (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.
1 July 2020
ADVANCE CUSTOMER MANAGER (Former Employee) - PJ STATES
wish to go back working with HSBC . Now with my experience looking for better position for career advancement. I have be in the industry almost 20 years. And experience in mortgages and bank insurance products. So this is my interest. Helping people for wealth management.
Pros
Knowledge and advance services cultures
Cons
They should support career opportunity
25 June 2020
Promoter (Former Employee) - Ara Damansara
It was a pretty slow and easy to pick up job as we only gave out flyers and pull in potential buyers but the overall work experience was fun as I got to meet different types of people