HSBC Employee Review

okay to work

20 October 2019
good colleague, helpful manager, need to be outstanding, give good number of productivity boss encourage staff to come early and leave later than she is.
Pros
sunshine day
Cons
on sunshine day need to leave office early without less productivity.
27 January 2019
Same roleSame location
Collateral Dispute Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving. - My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc. I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market. - The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK. - The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance. - Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
28 May 2018
Same roleSame location
Analyst (Current Employee) - Hsbc KL
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
8 August 2020
Same location
Account Servicing (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.