HSBC Employee Review

Old fashioned bank, bang your head against a brick wall

18 October 2020
HSBC has old fashioned systems and processes which are difficult to learn, the training, is just learn as you go and when you make mistakes you will be told off and asked "why did you do it like that?" working here has made me very depressed.
Pros
the benefits, pension, salary protection/illnes cover, car breakdown they are all very good and an excellent share scheme
Cons
its an old fasioned legacy bank, the processes and sytems are from the 80's and cannot keep up with customers expectations
8 August 2020
Account Servicing (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.
1 July 2020
ADVANCE CUSTOMER MANAGER (Former Employee) - PJ STATES
wish to go back working with HSBC . Now with my experience looking for better position for career advancement. I have be in the industry almost 20 years. And experience in mortgages and bank insurance products. So this is my interest. Helping people for wealth management.
Pros
Knowledge and advance services cultures
Cons
They should support career opportunity
25 June 2020
Promoter (Former Employee) - Ara Damansara
It was a pretty slow and easy to pick up job as we only gave out flyers and pull in potential buyers but the overall work experience was fun as I got to meet different types of people