HSBC Employee Reviews

Showing all 13,747 reviews
HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.
Aprendí mucho en el tiempo que estuve ahi, claro como todo trabajo había días estresantes y días relajados, la paga era buena al igual que los bonos, había comprensión por parte de los jefes inmediatos, al menos en la sucursal en la que estuve había un buen ambiente laboral, trabaje del 2008 al 2013
Pros
Seguro médico privado, bonos mensuales
Cons
Quedarse después del cierre para ventas nocturnas
Management can not decide what type of bank they are looking to be and every week there is a new "this will make us the bank" concept. Management is disconnected and is very stuck in the concept of the Us vs the employee mindset. Interest rates given on accounts where higher then the economy could support and some how the branch was the reason they lost millions year over year. I would say if you are looking to earn a salary that is higher than the everyday bank this is the place but it comes with no work life balance and a client base that can scream and demand unrealistic demands and have the bank back them all the way while not standing behind their team
Pros
salary and bonus
Cons
worklife balance, staffing issues, upper management very disconnected, top management is filtered from branch and back office issues
El haber trabajado en HSBC fue muy reconfortante, ya que inicie en el antiguo Bital pase la trasnformacion a HSBC empeze en sucursal y termine como asesor en la Direccion de Operaciones. Tal vez debi de continuar ahi hasta mi jubilacion pero el destino es uno. Gran empresa, Gran infraestructura. Ultimamente ha faltado publicidad y colocacion en medios digitales de su imagen
Pros
un gran empleo bien remunerado
Cons
el area de RR.HH. es una area de oportunidad
hsbc is a good job to have, the staff are nice and its very formal, job security is very good there also and felt like i was very much secure in my role
Pros
bank benifits
Cons
very formal and scripted
Really enjoyable and you get recognized for achievements. They are open about expectations and provide the proper training. Supervisors really encoutage your growth.
Pros
Office parties put on by company
Cons
Some poor managers
Fun workplace with international bran, however, salary + promotions and management is spoiling brand and values of HSBC. Workplace culture and HSBC international values is highly appreciated .
Pros
Perfect workspace with nice cafeteria
Cons
Static Low growth
I am sure that Call Centres have improved since I worked there but we were told off for going to the toilet and drinks were brought to us at our desks so that we would stay on calls. We were expected to log on 15 mins before we were due to start but not allowed to log off before our time ended which usually meant being stuck on a call. Management were high pressure all the time but most of the other call handlers were great.
Pros
Incentives and competitions to encourage targets to be met.
Cons
Unreasonable demands from Team Leaders and Managers.
Es muy motivante y padre trabajar en HSBC es como estar en casa
Job security and very great culture. Commissions are pathetic No score card for sales staffs Incentive structure is pathetic Salary structure is mediocre in Dubai.
Pros
Flexibility in working .work from home etc
Cons
Salary increment is an issue .
Metas inalcanzables, horario de 12 horas con un salario bajo
Pros
Gastos médicos mayores y prestaciones bancarias
Cons
Calidad de vida
We can say that a bank clerk has a diverse, interesting and interesting job. As a rule, with the help of this work a reliable workplace is guaranteed. But such an activity requires a high level of professionalism and communication with clients in different and sometimes difficult situations. Switching from one bank to another is not condemned at all, especially if it is done to build a career. In some of these institutions, people who came from abroad, not those who have worked in this bank for a long time, are working in high positions.
Pros
Every Weekend we have activities
Cons
lunch break and gymnazium
It was a good place but not much room for growth. A good stepping stone. It would be very slow sometimes and busy around lunch time/end of the day. They expect sales but you rarely get a chance to sell product.
Pros
Good place to gain experience.
Cons
Manager barely around
Buena empresa, estabilidad laboral buenas prestaciones y su servicio médico excelente
Challenging and task orientedWork across different teamsWork on huge platformWork with easeFocus on automation and simplificationAwards and rewards
Pros
Nil
Cons
Limited work from home and
Encontré durante toda mi carrera en HSBC un gran espíritu de trabajo en equipo , grato ambiente laboral y muchas posibilidades de crecimiento
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
Mucho trabajo después de hora
Excellent Place To Work At. Work Life Balance Is Great. Management Is Approachable. Benefits are great. Leave Policy is great. Opportunities To Grow. You will learn a lot. You will grow professionally as well as personally.
Impressive pay wages for management levels If u arent a part of a social circle good luck Stick to national sales nicer people in that group Best wishes with your endeavours
Very disorganized, no structure and everything is up to what the manager wants in each branch. No work culture or respect for coworkers, very toxic place
Cons
Healthcare
Care more about shareholders than customers which can give the wrong culture. This is targeted at the retail banking as I wouldn't know about other areas. I was manipulated by management to stay in a certain role, I was told it was better for my progression but I later realised it was because they didn't have anyone else to fill my current position and my progression ended up stalling. This made me very unsure and unhappy and I lost the love for my job. The wages in retail banking are also terrible considering the pressure you're under and the fact that 1 person does most jobs now in the bank. Until you hit management level you'll be on a very low wage. You can transfer which is good for moving around the country
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Wages, stress level
worked in HSBC as a manager sales in credit card department , it was stressful work but i enjoyed my sales job with HSBC, i always got appreciation from my Area Manager and head of department.