HSBC Employee Reviews in Colombo

That's the best place I have ever worked and I m happy to share it as well. Professional environment and no bias but salaries are comparatively medium.
Pros
Free coffee
HSBC is a solid place to work, A lot to take home! Learning experience was amazing. Friendly and safe work environment. Would definitely recommend anyone to join the group.
It is really a good place to work if we do not have non-qualified seniors. Flexible but lots of loop wholes in the process. Salary s are not growing along with the job position
Every day is a busy day. We should work for cutoff time. I could polish my English speaking and writing skills. HSBC management is excellent. Their is a friendly work place culture. The hardest part of the job is working without errors. So now i can work without errors. We can do our daily works happily. This is the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free transport
Learned how to keep the high profile customers data and details. Learned a new software and updated my knowledge with that Learned how to work under pressure
Overall there are so many opportunities and so many people to learn from, It all depends on what you are willing to take. Work culture and the support from the management perfect for me.
You can work relaxly. Work culture is great. Can work independantly. Flexible working hours. Atmosphere is so professional. Everyone is treated eqally.
Pros
Relaxed in most cases
Cons
Shifts can vary from early mornibg to mid nights
Truly Global experience. Always prioritize the work ethics and the culture. Indeed a must work place for a person who intended of building a truly global experience
HSBC - Worlds Local Bank - It was a pleasure to work with a such a good organisation, Job security is one of the most important factor in this organisation.
°Doing the most complexed type investigations and at the sametime there are days where we have to attend few critical calls °Customer/Stake Holder Expectation has to be understood to to be able to serve. °Concerned about Career development, continuously giving feed back on the areas to development for staff is very helpful. °Unity is strength at my current department and the organisation. Without it we cannot move forward °Come up with solutions for various queries within a very short turn around time, and managing/minimising escalations. °Been constantly under pressure is the best part of my current role. It is a challenge that we enjoy.
Company helps it's employees to balance personal life with the work life, helps people grow, educate employees through continuous learning provisions etc.
Friendly working Environment Work life balance. is very good at HSBC Management is Very good Good Career Path Night shift Transport facility is superb to come to office
Work was shift based as the call centre staff were on shifts. During this time Initially I was handling the outbound sales team. A team of yound school leavers who had mostly had no prior work experience so everything had to be taught to them. From being punctual to how to speak to customers. I was able to find the perfect balance in the team and we managed to break several sales targets and over achieve the year's target by august. There after I was moved to the inbound call centre team to manage a team of senior staff members. This was a job shift from sales to a hybrid of sales and services. I was put in place of a team manager who had resigned. So didnt have anyone to ask or shadow prior to taking up the role. I had to learn the work while doing the daily work which was a challenge but I took it up without any hesitation. Hardest part of the job is managing your time as on top of the daily work and customer calls that you need to return there is element of coaching, shadowing and monitoring of the staff calls. With a large team you need to be precise on the time management. Enjoyable part being once you build the bond with your team its a close knit group where each of your team mates will discuss on shifts and take up the vacant shift if someone is unable to make it. This creates a fun and family type environment where all are working towards the common goal. Though I have been away from the call centre for more than 4 years there are team members who still call and check which gives you that satisfaction of how you have influenced someone else. That is the - more...
Pros
Shift based work
Cons
Since its a 24 hour call centre work falls on weekends too but its manageable.
The Culture and the Management of the Company is great, the only issue was recognition within the department was difficult to,even for a top performer.
I was advanced as a Team Leader in just two years i joined. For hard workers there is a career path in hsbc. Culture is fun and together. Learnt how to handle presuure
My entire career has provided me with extensive working knowledge of office operations and customer service processes as well as understanding the need for confidentiality and for doing things in line with the company’s standards and requirements. Over the years, I have successfully acquired a number of invaluable skills and strengths, which are readily transferrable to this position, including: Possess a can-do attitude, incorporating a high level of self-motivation, tenacity and professionalism to create, improve and maintain operational procedures.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Good Bank in Sri Lanka and the world as well. Good place to improve our self. Friendly staff. Good management. Basically this is a good place to get experience.
Too large and bureaucratic. All major decisions are taken at regional head offices. Thus responding to market may be slower than competition. However, due to the size and reach, there are opportunities around the world for employees
Pros
Global connection
Cons
Work hours
A typical work day at HSBC passes with stressful targets and need to face different cultured people. In a country like Sri Lanka, the companies like this is really encouraging and spacious for minority people to climb up the career ladder because of diversity. As this was my first job, I learnt a lot about corporate culture and got an extended chance to interact with different cultured people. In terms of hardest part in the work, I would say the competition is very high and need to go on with different talented people (Working in diverse environment is advantageous as well as disadvantageous :p). It's really fun to work at HSBC, but it fully dependents on the process or department you are working on.
Excellent company with quality work life balance, lot of benefits for employees with lots of recreational activities and memberships to gyms etc. Enjoyed the work culture as well
A typical day at work was challenging but motivating. I learnt to be a great team player and enhance my skills further The management assisted me to improve myself. The workplace culture was in line with my personality and it was easy to adapt. The hardest part was having to put in extra hours to achieve assigned targets and the most enjoyable was how we interacted as a good team.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Extra working hours during weekends