HSBC Employee Reviews in Cyberjaya

good place to work for fresh graduate as a career starter but not suitable for experienced job seeker as they don't offer high salary. their call center management are really slow in promoting their staff. I've seen one of their staff who have worked for 10 years and yet still a call center agent.
Depending on which dept. you are reporting too. HDPM has few Dept related to Call Centre, payment, Compliance (SAR) or Support Service. Good exposure for people who just Grad from College or University.
Pros
Friendly peers.
Cons
Akward shift hours
A great working place with work life balance. Strong teamwork & coaching from the Team Lead. I was able to learn many new things as we supported many accounts.
Pros
A very helpful team
Cons
Short Breaks
its a good place to work in. Fun people and friendly. Environment is clean and good. people are helpful and a lot of potlucks. office transport is provided and security is tight. lots of eateries around.
A good place to begin our career but unfortunately the company is migrating its work load to china and india to save cost. Had a good exposure on account related jobs by handling customers day to day accounts and invoices issues.
I have learnt a lot when i was in Asset Management Division. The workplace was just so comfortable and the people were so great. They were so helpful and thoughtful. We worked as a team and enjoy our time together. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Wide lounge for us to hang out.
Cons
short breaks.
It was alright I guess, the people I worked with was really great and so was the management. But everyone was always to themselves and there was no space for communication within our department which was boring and the work life balance was bad
Has a lot of security and benefits, public hjdays are renumerated into leave so more flexible when it comes to personal plans. Strict in performance and timing but promises reward if you work hard.
Provide training to staff from time to time. Working environment is good. This company is. Good place if you give it a chance to be, stay positive and keep pushing yourself forward.
It's an amazing environment to be in, with a great support from HSBC for those wanting to move up the ladder. Work environment is very structured and leaves out any doubts or questions regarding the work through the use of comprehensive training and manuals.
Pros
Working in the Finance industry
Cons
Shift work
Friday a typical day to work Multiple processes from different countries operation and effective training Excellent management Variety culture Self formation in terms need to learn multiple tasks Friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch breaks
Fun work place. Routine job & Cannot move to better prospect. This job didnt allow me to learn higher level. Sales Team but Comission scheme very poor.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No career advancement
HSBC is a place for new comer to learn and improve their skills in communication and build up new skills. Perfect learning and training will be given to the new hire. Manager will provide guidance when necessary.
Pros
Enviroment, Working mate
Cons
Short Break
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working
-Good place to start a career -supportive employer -gender diversity and value your culture background. -Perfect place to enhance communications skill and boost confident level
My first job. Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect tremendously. Work hours were based on UK timing. took a toll on my health. Great team spirit and collaboration.
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
A typical day at work is processing the transaction datas from the balance sheet that you support. Work will be segregated and may be rotated for job rotation so you should expect shift timing changes as well especially if the process supports multiple balance sheets. Work colleagues are generally fantastic given the diverse people in the work place. The culture is generally fine but your management might be the challenge. The hardest part of the job is probably the location in Cyberjaya and the odd working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful diverse colleagues that you get to work with.
Pros
Working against the Rush Hour
Cons
Sleep deprivation
I had the best time getting trained under the best facilitators from UK. The products and services offered varies in different countries around the world, where as I managed HSBC UK. Got some really insightful knowledge to the banking industry in UK
Pros
Various knowledge and information in the banking industry
Cons
Graveyard shift
The thing that keep me inside the company is because of the work culture is fantastic. Most of the team mates work together to make sure all the work done by the end of the day. The hardest part of the job is in my department, there is no work life balance. Over time almost everyday. The most hardest part is the working hour where the shift keep changing.
Pros
gym, insurance