Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur105 reviews
Good management, nice environment and easy access. A lot of places to hang out with client and colleagues. Se rounded with all amenities like Masjid Jamek, Little India of Leboh Ampang etc..
A good opportunity for self development and skills
Fantastic Team Leader & Manager

Social culture based firm

Friendly environment

Stressful work task
Hsbc Bank has a friendly environment.
People works will have heavy heart to leave Hsbc.

There are a lot of activities done by the bank.

Hsbc practice work life balance where once in a month the staff can go back 1 hour earlier than working hour
A very good place to gain a lot of knowledge and experience. The environment is suitable to those who want to gain a good and fulfilling working life experience.
Being in the bank for 38 yrs working experience had taught me to be strong work independently improved my stress tolerance. Learning has been ongoing and venturing into various departments has given me the edge to handle difficult situations and problem solving is an added virtue. Over the years I was involved in customer handling bad debt recoveries administration functions propodal writi g and credit evaluation
HSBC is the best place to work and there are a lot of benefits for staff. The salary that the company offer arr based on the qualification and its more higher than other bank.
good learning and development process in HSBC.
give positive vibes among colleague.

good leadership skill among managers.

clean environment.

provide sport club room for leisure activity during lunch time.
I really appreciate the opportunity given to work in this bank and also the knowledge which i have gain all the time working over there was very good for me to enhance my self more in the future.
good colleague,
helpful manager,

need to be outstanding,

give good number of productivity

boss encourage staff to come early and leave later than she is.
Pros
sunshine day
Cons
on sunshine day need to leave office early without less productivity.
HSBC was my 1st employer and having worked with the same organisation for 34 years - there it's anything else I need explain.

It was an amazing journey where I was given the opportunity to build my skills and knowledge of the securities industry. Lots of teamwork, support and understanding - just like a big family!

Weeding out the handful of self-centered and micro-managing leaders.............. it will become the greatest place to work.
Pros
Flexible work, Medical benefits, External training, Overseas posting
Cons
Short deadlines, long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
A good place if you wanted to start your banking career with. You will learn a lot from this firm.
Culture there not that enjoyable as what some employees mentioned but that depends on how you see your working career/ progression there.
I enjoy working in Hsbc with a good environment and safety workplace.
Teamwork is important with all the colleagues.

Punctuality and fast learner is important to finish the urgent task on time.

Every month we have free lunch or breakfast given by manager.

Every year we have family day and dinner.

We have short break and medical card benefit.

My department offering Vss to all the staff.
Good working environment with open minded people and good communication with others. Managed to have a community that challenged as well as train. Would be good to develop skills and grow as an individual as well as a company with an environment like this.
Pros
Cheap foods in cafe, gym ready, stress room ready.
Cons
Pretty strict when it comes to call floor's rules.
· To compiled reports from 32 branches promptly to immediate superior on a weekly basis.

· Responsible in executing MI reports in monthly and daily basis accordingly finance requirement and ensuring the figures matches.

· Assist in implementation of urgent reports by creating layouts for presentations when necessary.

· Carry out daily operations of all customer applications on CGC. This includes investigating the validity of the guarantee, complaints and liaising with the relevant process officers for resolution.

· Experience in prepare and produce Business in Pipeline reports for David Morton, Director of Commercial Banking on a weekly basis. Compiled updates for BIP reports from MME and SME managers thus coordinating activities to achieve report targets for directors meeting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no work life balance
I impressed with the mix culture that contributes to fun and interesting environment to work with. The staff are friendly and they willingly to help you.
Pros
People are friendly and knowledgeable
Cons
No free food and the shops there are expensive
Regular day at work will be busy sorting out legacy issues in the midst of regulatory and compliance advancement.

Mostly learned how things are rapidly changing, and you have to be curious enough to invent new solutions and thought process

Management style is still largely pre-historic, still i'm the boss, just listen, so there isn't much you CAN achieve because your ideas and solutions is subject to management approval, and it probably just 'isn't good enough'

Workplace culture i guess is the same as any other MNC, very political, and monetary rewards is given to people who come in late, have 2 hours lunch, and largely spend their time on FB, instagram etc and stay until 10pm, and all the while complaining that there's too much to do

Hardest part is to have integrity and to want to do it right.

I guess the enjoyable part of the job is that we have problems for me to sort out, that to me, is the part that is the most fun, But it is not fun trying to explain to your boss the problem and the proposed solution.
Pros
better medical benefits
Cons
Non-flexible work hour.
1. Never bored at work.
2. Can effectively apply skills and knowledge to daily job and have the opportunity to learn beyond our expertise.

3. Less sociable between top management and staff level

4. Politics between staff

5. During appraisal period

6. Bonus time
Pros
Good location
Cons
Easy transportation
HSBC is one of the best foreign bank in the world. It would be the best place to work either. With the good benefit for the employees. If you give me a chance i will proof that i can serve the company at my level best. Actually i'm one of the HSBC cardholder and loyal to it at almost 17 years. HSBC is the best service bank in the world.
Pros
More free launches
Cons
Short break and healthcare
- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving.
- My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc. I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market.

- The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK.

- The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
Nice environment and good place to work
Good colleague

Good management

Easy to go to workplace

Good allowance

Good benefit

Good teamwork

All managers are reliable
Its very normal working hours which is 9am to 6.30pm.
need to work extra Hours in order to close sales and for follow up customers. but i have learned a lot about handling customers.