HSBC Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.
Its very normal working hours which is 9am to 6.30pm. need to work extra Hours in order to close sales and for follow up customers. but i have learned a lot about handling customers.
Commission paid monthly with salary, work life balance, travel free, sales convention, salary increament, medical coverage for children, health care, charity activities
Pros
Bonuses paid
Cons
Weekend activities
Good to place to start career. Progress is sure but not the remuneration unless you are a sales staff. Things may have change now since it has been more than 7 years I left this organization.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lack of recognition
Management mingle with the employers on daily basis and able to understand each and every team members need. Give opportunity to explore culture at HSBC.
Good working environment, good teamwork and nice office mate. They always help through training to gain knowledge in any task that company given.Can learn how the correct way to handle customer. learn how to solve the problems customer.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Challenge to get increment
I have a good experience while worked with HSBC Malaysia Sdn Bhd loacted at Bukit Bintang branch. At there, i assisting customer to the counter. Luckily, i have a good colleague to teach me about the job given from my supervisor.
Good payment and Balance, support for educations, clear job description, side by side work with higher rangking, good location, lot benefit, staff loan and allowance.
Good place to work with and to learn new things which will be the stepping stone for career enhancement. Engagement with various stakeholder gave more exposure and knowledge sharing.
A good place to work with due to the professional culture of the bank. However, job insecurity is there at any time at all level. Lack of transparency and need improvement.
Pros
Learning & Developement
Cons
Job Insecurity
I was started journey in 2006 and ended at 2017, HSBC is a world class bank and as a IT company a lot more to improve. There is always a GAP between employees and management.
Develops continuous improvement methodsConceives of totally new strategiesContinues to grow and improveDevises improved means of accomplishing resultsIs continuously planning for improvement
Pros
free event
Cons
long hour
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
Working in HSBC made me become productive. I have learned more in HR perspective and i enjoy working with my team mates but i am looking for other opportunities to gain more experience.
when I graduated in 2010, I was offered the position in HSBC which is very related to what I studied - French. My day job would be confirming the trade from the system with the confirmation letter regarding the trade that have been booked the day before. Every once in a week we would have a confra call between the KL offshore and Paris Onshore. outside work, I joined the committee that bring the staffs closer, I organized the fun activities such as pictionary, memory games and a lot more.
Pros
flexibility of time
Cons
Malaysian Public holiday
- Work place politics -no bonus or increment despise worker achieve the target set by management. Management reason is that market is not performing well.
Pros
Training are provided
Cons
No bonus or increment
To advance in career is difficult as some area u have to take the Team Manager's heart and win it-not fair. Benefits very good. Salary very good. Company provides transportation to certain areas, fees borne by company. Events, birthdays all are celebrated in a family-friendly environment.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
No free food for staffs, difficult to climb up another position, as it depends on how u are holding the Managers heart.
most of the colleague are very helpful. I can learn alot from the department that i currently working with. Business partner also very helpful in term of giving of instructions.
Good place for those who seek to advance their career knowledge, must be dedicated and have lots of patience. The managers are well informed and are always on hand to share and guide you.
Pros
Lots of activities
Cons
May need to work long hours, based on project deadline.
A typical day at work will include mostly reaching our target call hours. From here I learned some basic banking concepts that are of course most useful and a is a great deal given that is it a banking institution. However, the management demands a lot when there's limited leads. Workplace culture is average as we mostly do the same work. During the current period I am in, it is slightly quite a hard task to keep up with everyone, or to dig into deeper relationship among colleagues on a personal level that is, we only have the chance to have casual talks about other things besides work during our lunch time. Hardest part of the job is being pressured to submit more applications, do more follow up, when the base itself are down or are closed for some period. The ratio of call centre representatives answering of following up versus the actual number of leads is very low. The base is easily finished. There is not a lot of enjoyable part except that we have the liberty to go for a loo break whenever we want, and that is the only time we can escape the work pressure for a mere few minutes.
Pros
Medical Benefits
I am willing to undergo training. I am pleasant in nature and can get along with others. My experience has taught me on how to build strong relationship with all departments at an organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team.