HSBC Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.
Its a fun working enviroment. Sharing and solving problem together. Always concern with each other. Always have discussion. Have a same vision and mission to fulfill all the tasks given
Pros
Good Benefit
Cons
Work life balance
very thing is about cut off alot of currecy have to handle, payments,cross check with account re-consolation and international payment ,all of this have to be delivered on timely manner
Pros
You will learn alot of new things
Cons
Limited time always OT
We build a productive and professional relationships with all clients within all HSBC Internal Group across US Region,LatinAmerica,MiddleEast,North& South Europe ,Britain and across Asia Pacific ,ETC.Standard working hours is 3pm-12am Malaysian Time
Pros
very good work culture
Cons
working shift
*90% doing direct sales at corporate offices and shopping malls. *Learn how to approach strangers and make them comfortable with us and exchange business card or get contact details; name and phone number. *Learn punchuality, team work and withstand pressure by sales targets and e-learning deadlines. * Professional management and guide subordinate to achieve sales targets. *Team work and learn from each other, communication skill, sales strategy, time management etc. *The hardest is to achieve sales targets (approval submissions). *The most enjoyable is meeting new people, solves people needs (credit facilities) and other financial enquiries.
Pros
Interacts as a team and learn from each other (multi races and religious)
Cons
Sales commission every 3 months
Daily basis work as usual, doing checking and pre-existing check. Clarification on the issue or the comments that blur. Environment and workplace culture is always encouraging. We are independent to manage our own timing and very minimum supervision required by management. Hardest part is to complete all work given in specific time while facing system Issue and uncertainties details that are not able be clarified and advice by requestor. Enjoyable time we having is the time that we can spend time together among colleague like having lavish lunch and doing some games.
Pros
Easy to consult with manager and assistant manager if there is any issue related to work.
Cons
work non stop pouring in, time limitation to join others activities nor traing.
Full training provided to understand foreign English accent. Process and introduction training is a month plus. There will be mentors and guidance given. Quarterly awards, yearly salary increase, bonus based on job review and allowances provided. Transport-bus in selected areas to get to work and it's free.
I would say hsbc is a good place for a start. I would like to expend my career and knowledge to another level. I have vast experience in several field
Pros
Good experience in payments
Cons
Bad management
A very fun workplace to work, with a good working ambiance and plenty of place to chill and hanging around, apart from a busy day doing work. Plus the person you are working with are awesome
Manage the sales performance of nationwide wealth management branches for HSBC Malaysia. Closely monitor reports on trends, daily performance vs target, competency of sales staff, manpower numbers at each branch location. I learnt of key drivers that impacts my overall target and goals. Each key driver determines the performance of the wealth platform and has to e explained and rectified. Management is efficient and effective, leaving nothing to chances. Culture is very uniquely "HSBC", a progressive bank with a rich heritage. The hardest part was to leave HSBC. You will never leave HSBC, a part of HSBC is ingrained in you as you move on for greener pastures. I have enjoyed being a proud member of the HSBC family.
Pros
A strong visible name to be proud of
Cons
Too rigid and structured, comes with being established.
HSBC is one of good banking in the malaysia.HSBC also is the best place to work and also it's take care of its employee. At HSBC also we can develop and promote our self to higher position '
Im working in contact centre department as telesales.Working time start at 9-6.We will start our work with morning briefing from team leaders.So my task is to call cm as per lead given.Actually quite interesting because most of the time my duration (talktime) up to 5hours.The challenging part is to achieve the target given by each month.Some time we may get irrtated with cm complain and feedback.But al the hardwork payoff when we achieve our trget and receive high payout at the end of the day.
Pros
alot of benefit for employee
Cons
always ned to change according to new strategy or guideline
HSBC is a very enjoyable and learning point centre for all the individuals as an employee to learn and a place for career enhancement. Basically in this organisation i have learned alots of new implementation in the financial world and institutions which relates to my day to day job. The management is another biggest part which plays an important role for my career enhancement and for my banking future. The challenging on my job was customer requirements fulfilling and by with all my teamworks and colleagues I will always manage to fulfilled my clients with a great satisfaction. The most joyable part in my job is I love my job very much and I enjoy learning and expanding my knowledge day to day with all my management teams support, I mostly enjoy my teamwork.
Pros
Life Balance Lifestyles
Cons
Nil
need to have good discipline at work hardest part of the job have to achieve target enjoyable part have weekly activities better work station and provides good training
Pros
training
Cons
stress
A very nice working environment and able to have top to down communication without any restriction. All the staff can have a free communication and able to provide any feedback whether is good or back. HSBC is open to receive all the feedback from employee.
A typical working day in HSBC requires a high productivity and concentration due to its high work volumes. Having to deal with big corporate clients such as Blackrock and Goldman Sachs, I developed good client management skills whereby I was challenged and trained to be fast and accurate in making decisions. The workplace culture is very heartwarming as people are friendly, approachable and understanding. The management team blends in the crowd as though they are as same hierarchy as you. Titles do not matter - interactions are equal between one another. The only hardest part of the job is the working shift hour ; 3pm to 12am whereby I would normally have to work beyond the hours. My work only finish at 2am-3am, most of the time. Despite this, HSBC was a great platform to gain knowledge and experience, and also a to get an insight on how working in a banking industry looks like.
Pros
Distance from home is near
Cons
Working shift hour and Parking Fees
This company is a good starting point to for my career development. I learned a lot of market rules and tradings which comprises of various international markets.
Pros
No traffic jam, full of informations
Cons
work life balance
Good workplace. Good place to gain financial product and services knowledge. Work life balance is applicable in this company. Remuneration is quite good.
typical day is need to convinence customer to sales credit card learn of product of company our management are very friendly hardest part is need to achieve sales target the most enjoyable is once achieve the target and get commission
Training staff at the HSBC call center (UK) and attending to customer complaints, quality control/assurance, and floor management. I constantly monitor the quality of customer service as well as lead generation among my team members. Wonderful energy and team spirit at work. Lots of room for personal and group development.
Pros
Fun workplace, lots of energetic colleagues
Cons
Permanent night shifts (UK time)
Fun work place and enjoyable. lots of benefits such as night allowance, OT pay and medical coverage. Get to know and working dealing with people around the world.
Pros
Lots of benefits (OT, allowance, medical coverage, etc
Cons
short break (when too buzy)