HSBC Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

HSBC is actually nice place to work and offer good benefit to staff. But the things change when they launch global support and migrate some part of the work to oversea. They launch VSS and staff got no choice when there is no job securities to stay.
With total of 8 years in the IT business, it would be a great opportunity to gain more knowledge working with your team and share my and experience for both my career and your business growth. I have over 4 years of solid experience in HSBC Life (UK) Limited testing insurance particularly UK Life and Pension products. And a 4 years’ experience as an Analyst programmer under Accenture (AMEX project) and in Standard Chartered Scope International (APAC) Our work starts at 8:45 till 5:45 Mondays thru Fridays and we are working on UK Insurance business. Our product is mainly for UK so we are constantly in contact with the UK business people. Our management has been so supportive and confident of the testing team even though we are in Malaysia. Mostly when we are working in UK people comes in by the time we are leaving the office but this is not a hindrance for us to deliver the projects on time. The hardest part of the job sometimes is the time difference. The business is located in UK and the developers are in India. So the timing on how we deliver the requirements is crucial for us. Indeed the timing is demanding but we have been managing it for a long time now and so far we have not encountered any critical issues.
Pros
The timing is flexible
Cons
Long hours of work because of global team interaction
-Normal working hours, 9-5. But I will normally extend my working hours to ensure my task is completed -People culture and time management -Management is well aware on the current status of what is happening -I am having a well relationship with the co-workers -Hardest part is to close the knowledge gap and to evidence how the Policy work -To liaise with Regional and Global team and this has improve my communication skills and showing my capability
Enjoy in working life, learn in how to manage peoples, good communication skills and cooperative with co-workers. More understanding customer needs and wants, Provide a good services during sales & after sales service.
Pros
enjoy company trip
Cons
resistance to change
a good manager. a good working environment. communication between managers and subordinates with a smooth and very good. not choose you in determining who will get promoted. every day should review the investment graph to determine whether a customer will buy or sell investments.
Pros
shot vacation
Cons
opportunity to vacation abroad
As a bank that encourages diversity and acceptance, this company lives up to its name. Although the work is long and sometimes tiring and laborious, the culture of this place encourages a lot of questioning of methods, opinions to improve systems and a management that is willing to roll up his sleeve and do the dirty work whenever necessary. Acknowledgement of work is very frequent here, as and when credit is due. It's a place that stresses on understanding the process 100% is more important than just producing the results.
Pros
Easy work Environment
13 Years of experience in banking industries. Work in various departments and branches in different kind of roles and job. Left because of department closure and due to this retrenched.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Last branch transferred to bukit tinggi klang
During my time in HSBC, my work routine consist of calling customer all day. it was stressful , however our superior never stop giving guidance.
A very flexible, fun around working environment where colleguees used to be very friendly with such a helping attitude lead to grow together.
Here we able to learn many skills after and efficient. New learner can able to enhance their soft skill. Can able to learn on time management, for an example learn to finish the assigned task within given timeframe
A typical day at work, with limited benefits. Nothing fascinating really, aside from weekly activities in office as part of the shared service culture.
It was a good learning experience working and training a wide range of colleagues from different work areas. However, long and unnecessary working hours were expected.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Its a learning platform for fresh graduates. There is always path to advance if you are hardworking. Job requires long hours of working.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
odd working hours
So we all know about hsbc bank is the most porpular and it fun to work there.. All people need us? That why make me happy to serve theam. So to all works.. Good job to you all
Pros
Proactive
Cons
Good making career over here
I would like to be a works at your company Hsbc. Its gets more change i can should what ever i can do ...somemore i wiiling do the work...
Cons
All ako
Work Hard Play Hard. Fun workplace with Senior Guidance. Banking sector with not bad benefits and medical coverage. Colleagues friendly and a lot of activities ongoing.
In HSBC I have learned a lot since the day I have joined till now, lots of activitiy and learning and development is very good and the training that I have attended.
great bank to work for with truly global aspirations. They do value their people and will invest in them. I've taken limitless product courses and training sessions without any pushback from my managers.
sit at your workstation and making calls learned vast knowledge of banking management a bit of cliff hanger as there's accurate information about the incentives. relationship with co-workers have been great so far. achieving daily targets has been the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting session where you can meet old and new colleagues.
Pros
Hospital and clinic benefits
Cons
comission, management
In my 7 years of working life with this company, self-motivation is a very important strength for me to ensure that work is completed in accordance with established procedures and standard in the established timeframe. I have learned the importance of teamwork to complete the tasks together with my peers. I have gained a lot of frienship from this career.
Always motivate staffs to go extra mile and provide a good work environment and benefits that make work less stressful. The also give a good healthcare to the staffs
Pros
A lot of activities to motivate staffs and make work fun
Cons
retrenchment