HSBC Employee Reviews in Arlington Heights, IL

Good company to work for if you are willing to relocate. The salary is good and so is the work life balance. But since HSBC is not a huge player in the US, you have to be willing to relocate to other countries if you want to advance.
Terrible management locally and globally. Garbage culture, it's a shame what has happened to the company and culture. High end criminals, they will fail.
Pros
Cons
Lots
HSBC is a tough place to work if you don't live in Asia/Europe. The expectations are high in the USA and the work hours are suited to other geographical areas. Also, HSBC does not seem committed to continued operations in the USA.
Overall and average company to work for. The benefits are good. However, the company does not provide a stable working environment. Many reductions in staff occur.
Every suggestion is considered and valued. collaborative decision making. Strong knowledge on BI tools and cloud technologies. Good team work. Great work culture.
HSBC promotes good work life balance through flexible work hours and ability to work remote on a regular basis. Benefits are at the top tier in the industry. Competitive pay, great insurance at decent costs, paid time off, 401k, and much much more. I have been in the banking industry for 30 years and have never experienced a company that cares about their employees like HSBC does!
The company keeps changing but the company has done a great job retaining key talent and providing opportunities to showcase skill set in markets across the globe.
HSBC is a very engaging and involved place to work with challenging assignments. I enjoyed my time there and my co-workers added value to my work experiences.
It was a great company to work for always challenge you to develop your skills. The company is restructuring and the jobs are going to the Offshore team.
HSBC was an amazing company to work for. Except they of-shored some of their positions to India. I was there for over 18 years and they promote within.
Pros
Promote within, invest in employees education
Cons
offshore their processes
I started in front end collections and ended in Operations Anti Money Laundering group. I had a great work experience while working at a center in Indiana. I worked hard and received several awards, bonuses and raises. That was a great time to be in the company.
Company is growing through a "transformation program" in the Technology and services dept. This means re-calibrating the workforce, re-tooling / up-skilling, etc. Some of the onsite positions are either being transferred offshore or taken over by consultants.
Excellent place to work, work from home options, pto time and overall managers are open to communication. A lot of training for career advancement and hsbc is a global company.
HSBC is a company that takes care of it's employees, provide work life balance and great benefits. Learned to work with people with diverse background and culture. Hardest part of the job is to deal with the corporate politics. Enjoyable part is the satisfaction of accomplishing your job and helping the people that you work with or support.
Learned a lot and worked on different technologies . HSBC a company where you can learn lot of things and work culture is good and you can balance your work
HSBC had a great learning environment, and great resources. There was a ton to do, but you didn't feel like it was unreasonable. Everyone chipped it to help others get their work done by the deadline. No one took advantage. It was a really cohesive atmosphere.
I can balance my work-life responsibilities. It is a global company, therefore, balancing working hours can be easy when working from home. I had great options for advancing my learning opportunities in career.
If they didn't offshore i would work there forever. Awesome management and senior management team. Great culture very flexible and easy going as log as you do your job right. :)
Overall HSBC is a good place to work. The benefits are fantastic. Most positions offer a lot of cultural diversity which is wonderful however, sometimes frustrating since your co-workers may work opposite schedules then you. Meetings occur all ours of the night.
Pros
Great Benefits
Most of the associates that you deal with are fully invested and looking out for the best interest of the company. Experience that I received over my many years at HSBC was excellent.
HSBC was a nice place to work until management change had a negative impact on moral. Direction is now dictated from global headquarters in UK rather than local regions, thus ignoring local knowledge of employees and their talents.