HSBC Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

Salary was amazing co worker were great. Procedure was not great opening account and technology to help client was not helpful. Goals was not reasonable with the products and pocedures
Constant pressure to sell/ refer products to customers. Managers will micromanage you and inquire about your sales goals multiple times throughout the day. Everyone at the branch was visibly demoralized as a result of this toxic environment
Cons
Very disorganized, no structure and everything is up to what the manager wants in each branch. No work culture or respect for coworkers, very toxic place
Cons
Healthcare
Working at HSBC is great but I'm currently looking for other opportunities . Typical day is get in, check emails, Check KPI on were I am currently for the week. Put an action plan for the day on what type of client will I call. Then check my calendar on who will I see today and prepare myself for it.
Pros
salary
Cons
technology devices
HSBC used to be a great place to work but it has seemed to have lost it's way. There is a lack of focus on the task at hand and decisions are made with very little thought of the long term impact to the business.
Systems are confusing and outdated. Confusing chain of command. No/ very limited assistance from back office. Benefits are great, demands and expectations are not realistic for pace of business.
I was originally a consultant which turned into a full time position. I learned a lot and was supported by the management team. Diverse backgrounds and really friendly people.
Pros
New department so no prior/ongoing issues & great people to work with
Cons
In the beginning the hours were out of control
I've been there for a long time and never had a problem with any of my co-workers. The customers adore me like I was their own and I get to meet new people everyday.
I learned a lot but the job was stressful I handled sometimes over 100,000 in currency management was not so understanding all of the time but the environment was relaxed
I work with a great team, we had a great manager who made us all feel like family, we supported and helped each other and a typical day at the office felt like home away from home.
HSBC was downsizing and I was let go otherwise good place to work I started as a part time teller and worked my way up to Br Service Manager/Assistant Manager
The company does not honor their long standing employees and promotes based on networking relationships rather than ability to complete their job. Also, they work load is not divided equally among the staff. Rather, it is layered onto one or two strong workers.
Pros
Reputation of the company
I've been in HSBC for two years now and the work environment is good! Pay can be better but the schedule is usually what keeps people here. Compared to other banks the pay rate may be better but less compensation for commission and high goal expetations.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
What can I say? I was a teller in a bank with customer-unfriendly policies. It was a retail environment, and customers are customers. If you hate dealing with customers, you will hate being a teller at ANY bank. If you can tolerate dealing with customers, then you will still hate being a teller at any bank, but it will take a few months for that hatred to kick in. If you LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE dealing with customers, then you probably aren't a bank teller because after sixteen years of customer service in multiple industries, companies, and locations, I can count on one hand the people that truly enjoy dealing with the public day in and day out. It's not a BAD job by any means, and I highly recommend it for people just starting out in finance or people in school looking for a part time job (better than flipping burgers). Just remember that you are in a customer service environment. Have a plan to advance in your career and do something respectable (mechanical engineer, software designer, whatever you want to do with your life), or else you will find yourself still dealing with customers years down the line. And it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you will want to make customer service and sales your life's work. Not after doing it for more than a month or so.
Pros
Pay was decent for someone with no experience; benefits were top notch
Cons
Soul-sucking retail environment
I was promoted to assistant manager , with benefits and pay raises . I was responsible for opening and closing the bank . Along with responsibility for the cash vault . The tellers and open account staff
Pros
Loved the atmosphere
Cons
The bank was robbed at gunpoint 3 times while I was present
It is a fast pace environment but the co workers are very friendly and won't think twice to help you if you need help. The workers treated me with compassion and understanding when I first started working there. Over all I find that the company even though at times can be hectic with the work overload are very compassionate and understanding and will take the time to explain and help you and they treat you as family.
it all depends on where you land within and the type of person your manager is. Will not post any negative comments as many large corporates have much to learn and some are striving to improve morale for employees. My overall experience has been both positive and negative. Most employees, regardless of the company, will agree that a person's experience is more dependent of his/her direct manager.
Pros
Flexible working schedules/remote working
Teller supervisor environment @ 8 tellers. Conducting several transaction such as withdrawals, deposits, cashing out checks, doing wire transfer and dealing with foreign currency and CTR government forms for cash amounting $10,000.00 and over.
Pros
Free checking and saving accounts
Cons
health insurance, vacations and lunch breaks
help clients make things relevant, by helping them understand new products and offers to help save, main reason customers would only enjoy dealing with me both on consumer and business. Loved the staff I was working with and my partners were awesome.
When working at HSBC I had the opportunity to work with many professional workers who taught me a lot about hard work and being ethical. I won the Y2K Award for the transition on all systems for the year 2000
Pros
Professional, Great offices, Nice people, hard working, great benefits, great flexibilty
Cons
can't think of any
it was a typical 9 to 5 workday before the bank was penalized for money laundering. now with the added gov't regulation (system or manual) and company policy/compliance have put a lot of stress to the same number of staff (i.e. 1 work item is ten times or more steps to process)
Pros
free breakfast every first Monday of the month
Cons
job outsource rather than adding personnel