HSBC Employee Reviews in Buffalo, NY

The job was ever changing every day, as management could never decide on a conclusive structure or how to expedite client needs. The pay was very good, but not worth the enormous stress it would sometimes bring - and it would come out of nowhere.
Pros
Compensation, location, hours
Cons
Management, an ever changing structure of everything (I mean everything)
Plenty of job courses are offered and I’d suggest you take them in order to advance your career outside of the organization. Staff reductions are a common occurrence at the bank and there is no job security. Coworkers are great and management is good too, depending on who you report to. Work life balance is pretty good and there is a big push for inclusion at this time.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Open work space
If you work in Compliance/Risk it has been a difficult time with five rounds of job reductions in the last 21 months. Good place to work if you are interested in working internationally.
Due to restructuring job security is out the door. Back office and middle office Operations are going offshore. Management is not properly educated to deal with employee questions related to their current or future positions.
Pros
Remote
Cons
No job security
Not a great place to work. There is no job security, as of late. Senior Management is messed up. Terrible leaders. Internal job postings are a joke. They are already pre-filled behind the scenes.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Untrustworthy. Poor senior management.
I have been with the bank for over 13 years. About 5 years ago the atmosphere of the bank is a constant fear of being laid off. Bonus's and Raises were rare for IT. The benefits package changed with no good future benefits other than the 401k.
Pros
401k Matching, Ok Heath Benefits (worse than what they were)
Cons
Hardly any OT, Fear of being Laid Off
Talent and accomplishments are rewarded. Opportunities in my area were limited. Great people that help you to succeed. I truly felt valued. I trusted my team and my manager.
This is a very complex matrix environment so it is beneficial to have cross functional experience and be comfortable with dealing with people from all levels of the organization.
HSBC is a British multinational investment bank and financial services holding company which i served the western new york locations. HSBC has a decent and friendly work environment.
Good company to work for. The people in my area are committed and typically highly skilled. Open office environment is not conducive but unfortunately most employers have gone in this direction.
Productive and fun place. Had freedom to try new ideas. Work remote options available. I get to work with very close to business and make decision based on requirement.
Laid off after 6 months. Used and abused for a project then no use anymore. Awful management in a not surprisingly shrinking bank. Not really a player in the United States anymore, not the bank I remember or was proud of.
Terrible place to work , very clicky. Its not what you know, its who you know. Very stressful. Everything is being outsourced, not a safe place to work. Management does not listen to their employees, company has too many managers and not enough of workers.
HSBC places a strong emphasis on regimented corporate practices and this is reflected in the company's culture. A good place to work if you are not looking for advancement opportunities or creativity, but prefer to fill a more focused, narrow corporate function. There are some great folks working here, but many must deal day-to-day with the possibility of arbitrary termination or layoff.
I've had three different roles in the three years i've been there. I've been learning so much and have grown as a person. It's all about the teams working together to achieve the common goal of the customer.
HSBC is an overall amazing company that provides you with tools to progress you career but they are people here that will sabotage you. In this department, there are 2 managers and 2 team leads that will do anything to destroy you if you don’t kiss their butts. It’s sad but it happens in many if not all companies. Just watch your back and be careful what you say.
It is a great place to work I love working in IT and being a part of the HSBC family. At HSBC there is a job posting board and you can apply for jobs after 6 months of employment.
Cons
After being laid off just shy of a year an a half after being hired was devastating. HSBC should consider posting more positions as temporary instead of permanent.
Pros
Free lunch, Yearly bonus, work parties/gatherings, raises
Cons
Lay offs
Have learned a lot in many different fields. Benefits are good. Hardest part is the fast paced change occuring. Much of the older valued knowledge has left the bank. They are restructuring. Our Offshore team has taken over much of our work.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Much old valued knowledge has left the bank
HSBC pays so well that you forget you're working a company that puts profit before people. (Started as a currency exchange for opium dens in Europe & Asia). Too big to fail. Haha!
I enjoyed learning the KYC process but the management was only concerned with production numbers. Employees' opinions did not count when developing new processes or goals.
Pros
Salary and time off were good; benefits were decent.
Cons
Production numbers were not indicative of how well the work was done, Under-performing individuals were protected by management, Senior management was dismissive and disrespectful of employees.