HSBC Employee Reviews in Yonkers, NY

Working for hsbc has been stressful. Constant pressure about getting referrals. No work life balance or no pension plan. Most of staff wasn’t helpful and you have to figure it out on your own.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Everything else
I was micromanaged every second and constantly asked about my sales goals every second . Unrealistic sales goals and tough training activities and having to live in constant fear of losing ur job .
It was a good place but not much room for growth. A good stepping stone. It would be very slow sometimes and busy around lunch time/end of the day. They expect sales but you rarely get a chance to sell product.
Pros
Good place to gain experience.
Cons
Manager barely around
This is a very friendly office, you know all the clients by their names and they feel very welcome and confident when they walk into the the office, knowing that all their financial needs are taken care of.
Pros
Healthcare, Discounts, Flexible lunch schedule
absolutely enjoyed working as the head teller. I was able to hone both my technical as well as soft skills. I only left to help the family business. My family started a small business a few years ago and they needed more help. I don’t regret it as I continued to learn and develops a new set of skills in a new environment.
As my first job I enjoyed starting as a bank teller and gradually due to hard work and determination I was promoted to a customer service representative.
Good employer, tons of benefits, a lot of learning. Is hood but they are in a process of advancement and recovering from past mistakes. That situation could cause lay offs, demotions, unsatisfied employees, cut of opportunities, etc.
Pros
Full benefits, lots of learning, nice coworkers
Cons
Horrible technology, lack of growth, poor management
Interacting with new people, being able to satisfy and meet their customer service expectations. Also being part of the reason they had a good day. A typical work day consisted of interacting with many different people, who also came with different types of moods. But that never bothered me too much because I was always able to keep a positive attitude and still having great hospitality, which eventually made them shift their mood as well.
I'm comfortable working at this company. My focus is always growth. In the moment this company hold me from moving up, im out. Its mostly laid back. Not a lot of customers. If you are not willing to work, you won't be successful since you have to use every tool you have available to meet customers and uncover needs.
Pros
Great work life balance, good benefits, good salary, international culture
Cons
systems, need more tech, lack of career move
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
Selected to manage the largest branch in Westchester were deposit balances reached $150 Million and to realign a staff of 20 employees as well as the recruitment selection and performance reviews. Through coaching, mentoring and guidance I created the environment that lead us to successfully achieve all priority initiatives and surpassed management expectations. Came in #2 and 3# ranking out of 27 branches in the Westchester market by achieving 307% goal for overall productivity for 3 consecutive years.
Pros
Great bonus program
regular 9-5 job provide excellence service meet service commitment meet sale goals manage five tellers under me report everything to branch service manager
Pros
Poor Benefits
Cons
Great Management
HSBC is and was a wonderful place to work! The company offers work life balance, tuition reimbursement and other wonderful benefits. A day in the life of an assistant manager at HSBC was quite challenging and I welcomed every bit of it! My branch was not just a transactional branch but offered variety. I serviced clients who have been banking there over many years. It was challenging at times; such as, monitoring new clients and knowing how they intend on doing business. Keeping abreast of the new 'scams' and how to detect them before any impact to the branch/clients was a primary concern of the branch in which I managed. I enjoyed most of all not knowing what the day will bring.
Very excellent place, to have worked for. Management was excellent, in that they were supportive, and communicated effectively with their workers.
Pros
My co-worker and I were like family.
Cons
Short Staff
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with transactions. Answering phone calls, online trainings, selling or referring products and services to customers. Very detail oriented paid close attention for suspicios activity, and documentations were filled out properly.I learnd about bank regulations, how to sell and refer products and services to clients, product knowledge.Co- workers were great got along with everyone of them.The hardest part of the job is that we were understaffed which lead to many customer complaints, and also made it hard to close a referral. There was also a lack of team work. The combination of both made things very overwhelming.The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends with customers or just meeting new customers.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
understaffed, lack of team work, poor managment, overwhelming
They do not encourage and enforce work and life balance. They do not give you annually pay rate increase.