HSBC Employee Reviews for Analyst

- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving. - My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc. I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market. - The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK. - The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance. - Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
good colleague, helpful manager, need to be outstanding, give good number of productivity boss encourage staff to come early and leave later than she is.
Pros
sunshine day
Cons
on sunshine day need to leave office early without less productivity.
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
Fun work place and enjoyable. lots of benefits such as night allowance, OT pay and medical coverage. Get to know and working dealing with people around the world.
Pros
Lots of benefits (OT, allowance, medical coverage, etc
Cons
short break (when too buzy)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?