HSBC Employee Reviews for Assistant Vice President

great bank to work for with truly global aspirations. They do value their people and will invest in them. I've taken limitless product courses and training sessions without any pushback from my managers.
Most days I get in early around 8.00 AM so I can go through my emails and be ready for the daily team meeting at 9.00 AM. On one typical day, we had a last minute request by one of our business partners that we are required to initiate technical system failure where we are required to shut down 2 of the UPS systems and plan for Business continuation at our 2nd site. We were require to facilitate this within the next 1 hour. I got my facilities team members to forego all the other works and concentrate on this request. I also got the night shift team to stay back and assist the day shift team. We knew how important this mission was and we quickly figured out to get this done without interrupting the critical systems. The team weren't too happy to have this last minute request but when I explained how important this mission was to us which would help us in the event of a real scenario. We got everything back on track by 12.30 PM. After completion of the entire mission near to lunch time, I ordered some pizzas to keep them all happy. Everyone was very happy as our mission was successful.
Pros
Subsidised food and free drinks (dispensed from vending machines) and free transportation
Cons
Don't observe any Malaysian public holidays