HSBC Employee Reviews for Credit Analyst

Good for freshers who want to learn about credit analysis. However move on once the learning curve saturates.
Pros
Transport facilities flexible hours
Cons
Low growth and limited learning
Place where we can learn and develop our skills Company has work life balance. Company provides different types of activities to develop our skills and knowledge and gives growth in our life along with personal life. Different types of cultures and even we can bring our parents to ensure that our company is secured and confidential.
HSBC has bunch of supportive people who will help you on your job and support you growth. It has by fast the best leave policy. Only thing that concern me is employees get lost in the submission cycles to meet deadline and have very little time to look on self growth both professionally and personally.
Pros
supportive tribe, leave policy
Cons
lack of long term view of individual growth
You get enough levels in HSBC to balance your personal life whereas other company pay good and takes all back by making you work that much, if you want peace than welcome to hsbc
Pros
Good number of leaves
Cons
Less pay
HSBC's only concern is cost-cutting. Despite being in a so-called growth mode they continue to lay off people and cut costs stretching remaining employees to the limits people most employees are not happy there I would move if they could find a better job. The reason for this is that Management sets ridiculous goals and is unwilling to invest in new strategies until they become profitable and can afford to do so. This is a recipe for doom. If you want to become a number then go work there. I have work for the large corporations but none were as bad as this one when it comes to this issue. They think offering a pizza party every two months will keep morale high. They are wrong.
Pros
Employees and generally very nice and helpful Good all inclusive environment
Cons
Cheap. Short term focus. Cheap. Bad management
Pro's - Great career advancement, great upper management team, well compensated for a job well done. cafeteria and gym. flexible with personal time. great health benefits. Con - My location/Auto division closed
I enjoyed most of the time that I worked there, but towards the end I became somewhat disillusioned. That was more to do with me, rather than my employer. The people were mostly fine, most of the time.
Best place to work! Compensation and benefits are awesome. They really care for their employees. Health benefits are incomparable. A lot of paid time off. Metrics are reasonable. Culture are very diversed. Management are fair, they recognized your best qualiies and hardwork. Have a great working environment, unlimited drinks, lots of employee engagement and events.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
very narrow-minded conservative idle organization NO innovative spirit all Bank's activities are rulled by unqualified old Russian people based on out-dated Soviet style
they always cherish they employees giving them many opportunities to grow and become a better professional. They involve the team in global meeting having them learn other cultures and ways to do business
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Overtime
This is one of the fantastic companies I have ever worked with. All goals, processes and targets are well defined. Extremely standardized protocols and is an apt for a long term career
For the months I worked there, my group of four, was isolated. We were in a separate office. We did the job we came there for. After we finished, we were let go.
company is closed. While it was open things were good and the pay and environment were awesome. They didn't make it through the recession of 2008 so we were all laid off.
It was a great working experience in HSBC Bank, it's an employee friendly company and was flexible. it had a great work culture and so working was a great fun and learning experience there. As my role was to do credit analysis of the clients, i worked under deadlines and has always completed my job within that duration.
Pros
More of cultural events
Cons
odd timing like late evening
One of the benefits I enjoyed the most while working in HSBC is their core leave. All employees are entitled to have a paid 2 week vacation every year. Another one is the skill allowance they provide if you have been trained to other accounts.
Pros
Free coffee, gym facility
Cons
Longer travel time due to heavy traffic.
Good company. It was a nice training ground for me to enhance my skills i have right now. I had the best quality training that i can apply in my future job.
Pros
Free drinks and foods
Good
Me gusto mucho mi tiempo en HSBC debido a que aprendí grandiosas cosas, gente de trabajo excelente, así como las oportunidades de crecimiento, la única razón por la que deje el trabajo es por que me vine a vivir a Los Angeles.
Part of my job was taking calls and assisting my peers with policy questions and different techniques. I enjoyed approving those that were able to get the card that they wanted.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
HSBC was a good place to work before they were HSBC. They shipped a lot of jobs overseas causing quite a few people to loose their jobs. Management was mediocre.
Good place to learn and develop skills. Work culture is good. Management need to change its attitude of partial and favoritism, in terms of promotion and rewarding employees.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
• Work directly with portfolio and relationship managers specializing in middle-market lending specifically within the apparel industry - Portfolios primarily consisting of designers, wholesalers, retailers, and importers - Clients ranging in size from $50mm - $500mm in annual sales • Monthly variance report monitoring to watch for financial trends, variance to projections, and covenant violations • Underwrite credit amendments, extension requests, credit memos, annual credit renewals, and additions of new credit facilities • Analyze financial statements and borrowing base certificates to assess prospective client’s credit capacity • Completed formal credit training lead by Kennedy Morgan Associates LLC