HSBC Employee Reviews for Executive Support Officer in Cyberjaya

Learned how to process payments for overseas country. management wise they are good and helpful. Company provides transport. working place culture are good.
- standard work procedure on a daily basis - hardest part was the excessive overtime during the major upgrades - however we get paid well for overtime
A good place to begin our career but unfortunately the company is migrating its work load to china and india to save cost. Had a good exposure on account related jobs by handling customers day to day accounts and invoices issues.
Friday a typical day to work Multiple processes from different countries operation and effective training Excellent management Variety culture Self formation in terms need to learn multiple tasks Friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch breaks
HSBC is a place for new comer to learn and improve their skills in communication and build up new skills. Perfect learning and training will be given to the new hire. Manager will provide guidance when necessary.
Pros
Enviroment, Working mate
Cons
Short Break
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
Colleague willing to train Good start for fresh grad However, due to high volume of trade, sometimes we don't have enough lunch hour Have to follow international public holiday-depending on what country you support
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Short break
Serving UK customers via phone calls for Cheque verifications.. fun learning new slang and chances of speaking to high level people. Fun and balancing work lifestyle.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break.
I have learned overall investigation in FCC ( Financial Crime Compliance) Department.Good working environment and friendly working colleague.Sufficient training provided before the work been given. Guideline is given time to time.E learning is given each month.Need to go through all the exam for e.g Money Laundering and FCC.
It is multiculture workplace where you can meet and learn different culture. The management care about employee needs. As I worked for shift hour, they should increase the salary.
Have powerful and reliable system which can monitor your attendance well. Well managed activity for the staff No racism and all people are treat equal Good working environment and facilities provided
Pros
free meal treat for every main season/festival/lots of community activity
Cons
future in company - contract based
though I did not work for a long period of time, the working culture here is way fun , energetic and we learn a lot of new things everyday. the management and company as well are friendly to us.
Pros
able to go back once our task is completed for the day
Cons
no phones allowed
I have answer the call from the customer from Australia. Basically assisted customer that have account with HSBC Australia. Navigate system while answering the customer's inquiries about their banking issue.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
boring answering call for 9 hours work
Its nice working there and the management team are superb.Learned how to deal with high value payments.Sports and activities.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Three times break per day.
Management should improve their attitude and dont push staff so hard. Always feel free to help staff. However working here give me a lot of knowledge and experience also improve my skills.
Pros
Medical card
Cons
Not enough staff
The people there were great colleagues to work with and overall fun experience learning. The trainers were good but sadly favouritism rules the place.
Pros
Free lunches during Celebration
Cons
Favouritism
conducive workplace highly professionals collegue efficients training helpful management safety is concern most enjoyable part of the job is attending to customer inquiries in regards to anykind of concerns ranging from their CASA balance, to fixed deposit as well as mortgage
Learned a lot.. Good Management,Good place to work too. Lot of things learned professionally and personally. we can speak out whatever we think inorder to benefit the company.
Pros
All is good, Medical benefits, break schedules etc..
Cons
Because I have almost 10 yrs of experience, i felt i need to get more salary. Inorder to run my family life also.
Based on my experience,the typical day for me to work is during Malaysia public holiday.I have learned on how to process more faster within time given.Management not bad but can be acceptable.My co-workers give me full cooperation and work in one team for the solution.The hardest job is to catch up the system as various system used for process.I'm enjoy doing job when my colleagues have jokes,fun and entertain me .
Pros
Free lunch for festival season
Cons
healtcare