Here to help
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews for Global Support Executive

Global Support Executive35 reviews
Malaysia35 reviews
Learned how to process payments for overseas country. management wise they are good and helpful. Company provides transport. working place culture are good.
Good team leader
Good motivational environment

All positive and has a very good teamwork

Encouraging staffs to grow & explore new thing & ideas

Have a lot of activities which can lead to fun & balanced worklife
- standard work procedure on a daily basis
- hardest part was the excessive overtime during the major upgrades

- however we get paid well for overtime
- Training class provided to upgrade knowledge with work related
- Establish work life balance with provide a gym room and games room

- Task completed daily
A good place to begin our career but unfortunately the company is migrating its work load to china and india to save cost. Had a good exposure on account related jobs by handling customers day to day accounts and invoices issues.
Friday a typical day to work
Multiple processes from different countries operation and effective training

Excellent management

Variety culture

Self formation in terms need to learn multiple tasks

Friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch breaks
HSBC is a place for new comer to learn and improve their skills in communication and build up new skills. Perfect learning and training will be given to the new hire. Manager will provide guidance when necessary.
Pros
Enviroment, Working mate
Cons
Short Break
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
most of the colleague are very helpful. I can learn alot from the department that i currently working with. Business partner also very helpful in term of giving of instructions.
Colleague willing to train
Good start for fresh grad

However, due to high volume of trade, sometimes we don't have enough lunch hour

Have to follow international public holiday-depending on what country you support
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Short break
Serving UK customers via phone calls for Cheque verifications.. fun learning new slang and chances of speaking to high level people. Fun and balancing work lifestyle.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break.
very thing is about cut off alot of currecy have to handle, payments,cross check with account re-consolation and international payment ,all of this have to be delivered on timely manner
Pros
You will learn alot of new things
Cons
Limited time always OT
We build a productive and professional relationships with all clients within all HSBC Internal Group across US Region,LatinAmerica,MiddleEast,North& South Europe ,Britain and across Asia Pacific ,ETC.Standard working hours is 3pm-12am Malaysian Time
Pros
very good work culture
Cons
working shift
I have learned overall investigation in FCC ( Financial Crime Compliance) Department.Good working environment and friendly working colleague.Sufficient training provided before the work been given. Guideline is given time to time.E learning is given each month.Need to go through all the exam for e.g Money Laundering and FCC.
It is multiculture workplace where you can meet and learn different culture. The management care about employee needs. As I worked for shift hour, they should increase the salary.
Have powerful and reliable system which can monitor your attendance well.
Well managed activity for the staff

No racism and all people are treat equal

Good working environment and facilities provided
Pros
free meal treat for every main season/festival/lots of community activity
Cons
future in company - contract based
A typical working day in HSBC requires a high productivity and concentration due to its high work volumes. Having to deal with big corporate clients such as Blackrock and Goldman Sachs, I developed good client management skills whereby I was challenged and trained to be fast and accurate in making decisions. The workplace culture is very heartwarming as people are friendly, approachable and understanding. The management team blends in the crowd as though they are as same hierarchy as you. Titles do not matter - interactions are equal between one another. The only hardest part of the job is the working shift hour ; 3pm to 12am whereby I would normally have to work beyond the hours. My work only finish at 2am-3am, most of the time. Despite this, HSBC was a great platform to gain knowledge and experience, and also a to get an insight on how working in a banking industry looks like.
Pros
Distance from home is near
Cons
Working shift hour and Parking Fees
This company is a good starting point to for my career development. I learned a lot of market rules and tradings which comprises of various international markets.
Pros
No traffic jam, full of informations
Cons
work life balance
though I did not work for a long period of time, the working culture here is way fun , energetic and we learn a lot of new things everyday. the management and company as well are friendly to us.
Pros
able to go back once our task is completed for the day
Cons
no phones allowed