HSBC Employee Reviews for Loan Officer

The job is cold calling clients to refinance their homes and borrow as much as possible to consolidate or to do home improvements if there is equity. The rates are higher then most financial institutions or banks so it can be a difficult sale unless client has a bit lower credit score. Job is very goal driven. Can be a difficult Job but if you get the sales you will blossom. You must be good with sales. I was there during the 811 crisis and was let go because I couldn’t sell after the event. No one trusted or wanted to make a move with the company.
Pros
Money is great if you are selling
Cons
No sales no job period.
HSBC (HFC/Beneficial USA Operations) 03/06 - 05/2009 Leesburg, VAVersatile Professional Transition into Loans and Home Refinance from career as a Banker, Realtor and Business Manager.Managing Branch Operations, Sales, Reports, Loan Closings and Employees.Generating call leads for the office sales team through cold and warm associated business relationsClient retention through excellent customer service and needs based marketing of productsDemonstrate outstanding problem solving and active listening skillsCoach team members through meetings and shared calls to develop opportunities and close the sale.Conducted Market research, identifying and integrating emerging trends and new strategies to incorporate into Sales team effortConducted Qualitative and Quantitative Research for Reports to help guide new creative efforts for generating revenue in corporate meetings.
the most challenging work environment, can project yourself can shar e things, wonderful workplace, excellent management, hectic work hours too much production
Pros
challenging
Cons
timings
1. Long working hours 2. How to work in stress and pressure 3. Management was good 4. workplace was very nice 5. Long working hours 6. co-workers were very friendly and supportive
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no free bees
Good working environment with continuous management employèe interaction. Always open to different ideas from it's employees and provides growth opportunities, pay package could be better.
There was a lot of turmoil that happened before and after my time with this company. I was lucky enough to begin with a great manager but then got installed in another branch without a manager. I did not agree with some of the philosophies of that manager and therefore resigned.
Pros
Compensation was great
Cons
Lack of workplace training
I was with HSBC for exactly 1 year to the day when the company filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. I was responsible for refinance mortgage loans and personal loans up to $15,000. I was unfortunate in the area location I was assigned for a steady flow of credit worthy mortage refinance opportunities, that I had grown accustomed to over the years. I was, however, recognized by my superiors early on for outstanding cold calling ability to take full credit applications for both mortgages and personal loans. This was a high criteria for HSBC and their loan officers, being that our rates and guidelines made it very difficult to get underwriting approval. That being said, I was able to service many clients in credit repair thru my company J.Christopher Consulting. I was able to generate a consistent book of business with clients I was not able to help finance at the time. Within a few months, I started to get some of my clients financed thru HSBC after we fixed their credit issues. Fortunately when HSBC closed its doors, my credit clients were still able to seek financing most anywhere. My proactive approach for my clients and tenacious follow up was also recognized by my superiors at HSBC and I was placed into a management training position just a month before they filed Bankruptcy.
Pros
Good working environment, steady lead sorce for credit repair business
Cons
Filed bankruptcy after 1year of employment
Customer focused working environment.Plenty of growth opportunities.An encouraging learning environment. Hardest part of the job was the deadlines and the most rewarding was a project completed before the deadline.
Pros
Salary and Bonus
Cons
salary was great but it was extremely demanding, I didnt like being micro managed
It was a great time working there, the people, and work place atmosphere. I made the most money i have ever made working and it was rewarding to be of such service to our mortgage holder.
Pros
high incentive
Cons
job left the usa
Meeting merchants and agreeing on discount agreements and development of relationships with these merchants.
Cons
great place to work room for advancement great cafeteria open atmosphere between management and employees
Worked for fHSBC for 26 years, enjoyed new ventures and job. I learned team gets the job .Management was fair and down to earth. Co workers became longtime friends, work together to get the job done. Hardest part was getting new technology, sometimes took time to adapt departmental needs, but eventually the kinks were worked out. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
recogniased for achivements
Cons
Job outsourced
Worked in lending dept also in collection of customer payments and making and receiving phone calls all day during shift! Had many fun days with team and producing loans and selling additional products!
Pros
Team players and fun working office!
Cons
Management was always changing and different ways of managing!
I learned much regarding lending and collections at HSBC. I had the pleasure of experiencing both worlds during a time that lending was skyrocketing and during its downfall. The knowledge I gained from both sides of this world is priceless.