HSBC Employee Reviews for Systems Administrator

Work life balance is good, good hikes, worst Managers I have seen in many teams if manager is good your life is good at HSBC.Company provides you stable life and it is a place where you can get settle down.
Pros
Work life balance, hikes, free transport
Cons
Need to work on old technologies, No onsite
I started my career at HSBC only. I work with HSBC..long run lots of this I learn complete environment is encouraged you to do right thing do positive..
opportunity to work in a variety of areas and with international colleagues. However it is a large place and projects can be impacted by much wider strategic changes outside of the project control.
Hsbc is my first project that helped me to explore my technical skills, working environment, Learned to handle issues and work pressure. Learned to handle project issues.
Full of Standards Everything is documented. Lots of quality work Easy to manage work life balance. Great place to work. Good management. Lots of training are available.
since the company is a well known bank and well stablished, stability of your job is given. Spirit of family and fun is also observed. i can further share all the pros and cons of HSBC should you requirr furrher
Work culture is nice. Health benefits are provided. Job roles are not so stressful. Career growth is quite slow and onshore opportunities are not so much.
Pros
Overall work culture is very nice, people are friendly and open.
Cons
Less chances of career growth, less onshore opportunities.
Very good organization,i have been worked since 2016 ,It is located on the main road itself so it's easy to find. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful!
Pros
Great HR Policies and core leave
Cons
Nothing I could see as cons
I have learned several things at HSBC. I was responsible for maintaining their production environment as well as responsible for creating new environments there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
Very outdated hardware. Management in IT does not care. Innovations get killed. IT jobs moving to India. Too many procedures and forms to fill out for simple tasks. Bureaucracy is very high.
experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM), DevOps, Deployment & Release management and an AWS early adaptor, worked in many technical roles both in Linux and Windows environment for build and automation process.
The best thing about working in IT at HSBC was the ability to work from home full time. The next best thing were my IT colleagues. Many of us worked at the company for years. We all worked well together. However years of reorganization, layoffs and outsourcing took a toll on morale. There was no opportunity for advancement. Management kept taking responsibilities away from the Windows team. Communication from management was practically non-existent.
Initially good place to work at HSBC policies being changes quite frequently and its becoming tougher to current employees and most of the projects are being given to outsourcing companies.
Good benefits, hikes. Lesser levels of promotion and redundant processes, archaic methodology of working.
HSBC is basically a bank and a product based organization. Here we have a good working culture and atmosphere. I've learnt a lot both in professional and personal life over here. One of the best organizations to work for.
I had 20-30 tickets per day that must be resolved within its SLA. Apart from ticket we had ad-Hoc requests from senior staffs and HSBC Heads. I learned to be a strong team player, to take ownership on every IT tasks. To share my knowledge to my colleagues and customers, to extend my help when needed. About IT management, all i can say that I am thankful that I was a part of that team. I would be glad to work with them in the future. HANDS DOWN! About my colleagues, I treat them as my friends or mates as we've had a great bonding when I was at HSBC. The hardest part of the Job was doing nothing while at work or when the work load is a bit low compare to our typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see that we work as a team.
Opportunity to work with different team.Worked both as developer and production support for all the region across the globe.
HSBC is good company Learnt new things Provided opportunities to grow Good work culture No work pressure Good for who want to join banking domain
I was introduced to a new Technology i.e AS400 after having completed my undergrads where java,C,C++,HTML were more commonly taught,i was really very excited to learn this language which was pretty unusual as compared to other well known technology.
Pros
Exposure to new Technology
Cons
Very Limited Oppurtunity
Poor management, low overall employee moral and satisfaction, but excellent benefits. Management in certain areas was also extremely poor: my entire team left the company or sought alternative employment within the company within a few months.
MQ Accountablities: • I am mainly accountable for handling production support which includes Crises calls and production tickets mainly on Z/Os environment. • Handling Incident tickets with severity 1, 2 & 3. • Reviewing Production Change Orders. • Closely work with developers in Environment design & Architecture, Configuration, Deployment & troubleshooting of MQ issues. • Hands on experience of configuring MQ Series on various environments especially on Z/OS, iSeries (AS400) and also on Windows, & UNIX. • Troubleshoot MQ related issue, by checking Z/OS logs (MSTR & CHIN) also on AS400 environment. • Created and modify MQ objects(which includes queues, channels, listener, process etc..) on both the environment Z/OS and AS400 • Fixing channel problems such as uncommitted messages, channel retry issues, se-quence number mismatch issues . • Recycling CHIN • Performed refresh security command through panel. • Experience with in product & Fixpack installations and version upgrades of WebSphere MQ • Provided authorities to the user on AS400 platform. And work with RACF team to update ACL Authentications on Mainframe MQ objects • Worked with PQ Edit. • Created and configured MQ Objects on Midrange Environments (Windows & UNIX), like Queue Managers, Remote Queues, Local Queues and Queue Aliases. • Ability to administer the message objects associated with all WebSphere MQ objects such as Queues, Process Definitions, Channels and Listeners. • Hands on experience in MQ Series Triggering and distributed queuing. • Experienced in setting up MQ queue manager cluster environment. - more...