HSBC Employee Reviews for Test Engineer

With total of 8 years in the IT business, it would be a great opportunity to gain more knowledge working with your team and share my and experience for both my career and your business growth. I have over 4 years of solid experience in HSBC Life (UK) Limited testing insurance particularly UK Life and Pension products. And a 4 years’ experience as an Analyst programmer under Accenture (AMEX project) and in Standard Chartered Scope International (APAC) Our work starts at 8:45 till 5:45 Mondays thru Fridays and we are working on UK Insurance business. Our product is mainly for UK so we are constantly in contact with the UK business people. Our management has been so supportive and confident of the testing team even though we are in Malaysia. Mostly when we are working in UK people comes in by the time we are leaving the office but this is not a hindrance for us to deliver the projects on time. The hardest part of the job sometimes is the time difference. The business is located in UK and the developers are in India. So the timing on how we deliver the requirements is crucial for us. Indeed the timing is demanding but we have been managing it for a long time now and so far we have not encountered any critical issues.
Pros
The timing is flexible
Cons
Long hours of work because of global team interaction
Lack of management direction High turnover rate Lack of work life balance. Easily clocking in 50 hours per week with no additional allowances
Pros
Huge MNC with good ank related privilages
Cons
Bad place to work, lack of management direction