Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Management reviews

Malaysia267 reviews
wish to go back working with HSBC . Now with my experience looking for better position for career advancement. I have be in the industry almost 20 years. And experience in mortgages and bank insurance products. So this is my interest. Helping people for wealth management.
Pros
Knowledge and advance services cultures
Cons
They should support career opportunity
Good management, nice environment and easy access. A lot of places to hang out with client and colleagues. Se rounded with all amenities like Masjid Jamek, Little India of Leboh Ampang etc..
good place to work for fresh graduate as a career starter but not suitable for experienced job seeker as they don't offer high salary.
their call center management are really slow in promoting their staff. I've seen one of their staff who have worked for 10 years and yet still a call center agent.
- Always a very busy day with a lot of walk in customers
- More detaily about banking

- Poor management
- Stable workplace culture
- nothing specific is hard there because i was enjoy doing my work
Learned how to process payments for overseas country. management wise they are good and helpful. Company provides transport. working place culture are good.
i like to work here becoz the management was so good i am so enjoy working here, benefit are good and the friend aso very nice, paid very fare, job scope also not though
I started my career from HSBC (HDPM). It is by far the best company I have ever worked with in my 10 years experience. I was a part of a great team. I was guided by many professional managers. I miss HSBC.
Pros
The activities, gym, cafeteria, sick bay, in-house clinic, healthcare, paid leaves.
Cons
Change of management.
-assist customers to manage and check their account status
-resolve customers’ account problem

-achieve daily team KPIs

-problem solving

-conflict resolution

-time management
nice environment, good colleagues and good teamwork. flexible working time, good management. people there able to teach new things and positives minds and vibes.
- standard work procedure on a daily basis
- hardest part was the excessive overtime during the major upgrades
- however we get paid well for overtime
The benefit of working here is excellent staff benefits, worklife balance and you can get to work with different races of colleagues. The only downside is politics issue need to resolve within management level. Low career advancement. and yearly bonus based on individual performance.
Pros
Maternity Leave up to 4 months, insurance coverage, good increment
A typical day at work is day a day is a new learner with the new job and task given.
I have learned to be more focus and serious in the task given

Management was very well good and never be forgotten cause the upper boss and lower boss are very humble,friendly and helpful.
Workplace culture are very 1 Malaysia

The hardest part of the job is to get the job done within a day is a due.

The most enjoyable part of the job is got opportunity to be part of the auction property team
Racist and gender biased work place very close circle and eject anybody that is deemed un-wated without justification only acceptable race is Malay or Indian.
Regular day at work will be busy sorting out legacy issues in the midst of regulatory and compliance advancement.

Mostly learned how things are rapidly changing, and you have to be curious enough to invent new solutions and thought process

Management style is still largely pre-historic, still i'm the boss, just listen, so there isn't much you CAN achieve because your ideas and solutions is subject to management approval, and it probably just 'isn't good enough'

Workplace culture i guess is the same as any other MNC, very political, and monetary rewards is given to people who come in late, have 2 hours lunch, and largely spend their time on FB, instagram etc and stay until 10pm, and all the while complaining that there's too much to do

Hardest part is to have integrity and to want to do it right.

I guess the enjoyable part of the job is that we have problems for me to sort out, that to me, is the part that is the most fun, But it is not fun trying to explain to your boss the problem and the proposed solution.
Pros
better medical benefits
Cons
Non-flexible work hour.
1. Never bored at work.
2. Can effectively apply skills and knowledge to daily job and have the opportunity to learn beyond our expertise.

Less sociable between top management and staff level
4. Politics between staff
5. During appraisal period

6. Bonus time
Pros
Good location
Cons
Easy transportation
1) Involving sales and customer servicing
2) AMLA and the awareness

3) Good Management
4) Good workplace culture
5) When score methods rate increase.so the market becomes sour. Approve rate low. The economy does affect the loan application.
Pros
The Prestigious
Cons
World economy and domestic micro economy does affect my line of work.
- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving.
- My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc.
I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market.
- The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK.

- The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
Nice environment and good place to work
Good colleague

Good management
Easy to go to workplace
Good allowance

Good benefit

Good teamwork

All managers are reliable
I have learnt a lot when i was in Asset Management Division. The workplace was just so comfortable and the people were so great. They were so helpful and thoughtful. We worked as a team and enjoy our time together. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Wide lounge for us to hang out.
Cons
short breaks.
It was alright I guess, the people I worked with was really great and so was the management. But everyone was always to themselves and there was no space for communication within our department which was boring and the work life balance was bad
Management mingle with the employers on daily basis and able to understand each and every team members need. Give opportunity to explore culture at HSBC.