Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews

Malaysia266 reviews
wish to go back working with HSBC . Now with my experience looking for better position for career advancement. I have be in the industry almost 20 years. And experience in mortgages and bank insurance products. So this is my interest. Helping people for wealth management.
Pros
Knowledge and advance services cultures
Cons
They should support career opportunity
1. Never bored at work.
2. Can effectively apply skills and knowledge to daily job and have the opportunity to learn beyond our expertise.

3. Less sociable between top management and staff level

4. Politics between staff

5. During appraisal period

6. Bonus time
Pros
Good location
Cons
Easy transportation
1) Involving sales and customer servicing
2) AMLA and the awareness

3) Good Management

4) Good workplace culture

5) When score methods rate increase.so the market becomes sour. Approve rate low. The economy does affect the loan application.
Pros
The Prestigious
Cons
World economy and domestic micro economy does affect my line of work.
HSBC is one of the best foreign bank in the world. It would be the best place to work either. With the good benefit for the employees. If you give me a chance i will proof that i can serve the company at my level best. Actually i'm one of the HSBC cardholder and loyal to it at almost 17 years. HSBC is the best service bank in the world.
Pros
More free launches
Cons
Short break and healthcare
- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving.
- My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc. I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market.

- The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK.

- The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
Nice environment and good place to work
Good colleague

Good management

Easy to go to workplace

Good allowance

Good benefit

Good teamwork

All managers are reliable
Its very normal working hours which is 9am to 6.30pm.
need to work extra Hours in order to close sales and for follow up customers. but i have learned a lot about handling customers.
its a good place to work in. Fun people and friendly. Environment is clean and good. people are helpful and a lot of potlucks. office transport is provided and security is tight. lots of eateries around.
Commission paid monthly with salary, work life balance, travel free, sales convention, salary increament, medical coverage for children, health care, charity activities
Pros
Bonuses paid
Cons
Weekend activities
Good to place to start career. Progress is sure but not the remuneration unless you are a sales staff. Things may have change now since it has been more than 7 years I left this organization.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lack of recognition
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
A good place to begin our career but unfortunately the company is migrating its work load to china and india to save cost. Had a good exposure on account related jobs by handling customers day to day accounts and invoices issues.
HSBC has been an excellent place to work.It's a collaborative and fun environment, which ultimately leads to a motivated group of employees striving towards the same goal.
Pros
Nice working environment, Close during Friday's pray
Cons
Average pay, hard to move up
I have learnt a lot when i was in Asset Management Division. The workplace was just so comfortable and the people were so great. They were so helpful and thoughtful. We worked as a team and enjoy our time together. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Wide lounge for us to hang out.
Cons
short breaks.
Good environment,flexible working hours, bonus and increment every year. A good team player in hsbc and often organised parties when it comes to festivities.
Pros
Child welfare
Cons
Healthcare
It was alright I guess, the people I worked with was really great and so was the management. But everyone was always to themselves and there was no space for communication within our department which was boring and the work life balance was bad
Management mingle with the employers on daily basis and able to understand each and every team members need. Give opportunity to explore culture at HSBC.
What a typical day in HSBC is just the same with all the companies around the world. Workload will contribute to your stress level. However, I firmly believe that it's on us. Pressure and stress are there but what matters is on how we act on this. if we will let the pressure gets in our way, you will not deliver what is expected of you. Managing stress is what you need to learn.That is what I have learned from HSBC. Management are very eager to help you cope with the stress. They will spend time talking to you on how they can help. They're very much willing to extend their helping hands. Work culture is really awesome. Though, you are a having a lot of workload, management will ensure that you will enjoy your stay in the company and ensuring to maximize work life balance. The hardest part of the job,I guess, the workload but I have learned and mastered to manage my time. So, I must say it was not really difficult but it was a challenge that I was really up to. The most enjoyable was you are a family.
Pros
work culture, awesome boss, good medical benefits, good compensation package, brand, family
Cons
workload but if you know how to manage, it will not be a con
Has a lot of security and benefits, public hjdays are renumerated into leave so more flexible when it comes to personal plans. Strict in performance and timing but promises reward if you work hard.
Good working environment, good teamwork and nice office mate. They always help through training to gain knowledge in any task that company given.Can learn how the correct way to handle customer. learn how to solve the problems customer.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Challenge to get increment
HSBC is without a doubt the best place to work. I have stayed for more than 10 years in HSBC because of its goal in business and the drive for customer satisfaaction
Pros
Environment
Cons
Remuneration
Provide training to staff from time to time. Working environment is good. This company is. Good place if you give it a chance to be, stay positive and keep pushing yourself forward.