Here to help
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews

Malaysia263 reviews
poor
-Not a good environment to work with.
-Very secure place to work even to many

work excess need to apply.

-To stress work place to work with fussy line manager.
Typical
Fun work place.
Routine job & Cannot move to better prospect.

This job didnt allow me to learn higher level.

Sales Team but Comission scheme very poor.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No career advancement
Good for new learner
HSBC is a place for new comer to learn and improve their skills in communication and build up new skills. Perfect learning and training will be given to the new hire. Manager will provide guidance when necessary.
Pros
Enviroment, Working mate
Cons
Short Break
Good
Good payment and Balance, support for educations, clear job description, side by side work with higher rangking, good location, lot benefit, staff loan and allowance.
Workplace
Good place to work with and to learn new things which will be the stepping stone for career enhancement. Engagement with various stakeholder gave more exposure and knowledge sharing.
The environment
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
Job Insecurity.
A good place to work with due to the professional culture of the bank. However, job insecurity is there at any time at all level. Lack of transparency and need improvement.
Pros
Learning & Developement
Cons
Job Insecurity
Productive and Fun.
Doing daily things routine such as assisting customer and balancing. I learned a lot of new things such as how to use IBBM software and how to manage customer complain, their management are really well manage and even their workplace culture are very helpful for me because if I do not know a things I just can ask anyone in the bank and there always an answer for my question so everyday is kind of learning process for me. The hardest part of my job when i have to face some of fussy customer and I need to overcome their temper and what most enjoyable part is every week we have branch meeting and during meeting everyone will shared their concern or opinion sometimes there will award for employee during meeting just to increase our passion in work and i think it very nice when employer appreciate and acknowledge the employee by giving reward.
energetic and guidance provided all the way
manage to handle day to day calls
self-motivated to complete job tasks.

nice environment

friendly colleagues

training provided from time to time

discipline.
Engaging work environment
My typical days in the past is always securing 4 appointments and proposing 2 customers' banking needs and securing more deposit into the bank.

The workplace believes in developing customer engagement, visiting customers' needs and wealth platform.

My most hardest part of the job is to connect and engage with customers from overseas as the time zone is different. However, my hard work is always rewarded with strong customers base and positive return to the bank which enhances my confidence on my job performance.
Pros
Consistent quarterly bonus payout
Cons
Long working hours and manual paperworks.
Good
I was started journey in 2006 and ended at 2017, HSBC is a world class bank and as a IT company a lot more to improve. There is always a GAP between employees and management.
Challenging and self-learning workplace
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working
Is continuously planning for improvement
Develops continuous improvement methods
Conceives of totally new strategies

Continues to grow and improve

Devises improved means of accomplishing results

Is continuously planning for improvement
Pros
free event
Cons
long hour
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
-Good place to start a career
-supportive employer

-gender diversity and value your culture background.

-Perfect place to enhance communications skill and boost confident level
Great Place
My first job.

Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect tremendously.

Work hours were based on UK timing. took a toll on my health.

Great team spirit and collaboration.
You earn what you work
HSBC is a very nice place to work for. It provides fair rewards as recognition and also very comply with the policy, rules, and regulations. As an employee, I truly thank the bank has given us a very big space to gain banking knowledge and also experience while handling customers.
Productive and fun environment
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
Working in HSBC made me become productive. I have learned more in HR perspective and i enjoy working with my team mates but i am looking for other opportunities to gain more experience.
fun and challenging work place
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
If you don't mind working the odd hours than HSBC Cyberjaya is for you
A typical day at work is processing the transaction datas from the balance sheet that you support. Work will be segregated and may be rotated for job rotation so you should expect shift timing changes as well especially if the process supports multiple balance sheets. Work colleagues are generally fantastic given the diverse people in the work place. The culture is generally fine but your management might be the challenge. The hardest part of the job is probably the location in Cyberjaya and the odd working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful diverse colleagues that you get to work with.
Pros
Working against the Rush Hour
Cons
Sleep deprivation
Strong Team
- Very helpful colleagues and highly motivated supervisors in assisting to achieving the target set by the bank.
- High standard bank compare than local bank banks.
Pros
Cloth Allowances