Halliburton

Halliburton Management reviews

Malaysia68 reviews
Controlling and handling tender incoming and distribution processes. once received from client we need to sort which department (product line) are involved on that tender. after that, if being approved by department (product line), we need to get approved to legal and finance department before we can continue for the next processes. after get approved, all department (product line, legal, tax, finance) doing their part and we need to sorting and complied the document accordingly based on client request. . meanwhile, the hardest part of the job, some management can not tolerant so well. it become more conflict when it time to submit the tender the management still can get solution so solve the problem.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
career advancement
I have an amazing boss. He really takes care of his subordinates.
Overall it's an OK company.
They could have improved in employees recognition for outstanding performance.
Cons
Employees Recognition
Halliburton is a very large global corporation that serves high volume latest technology oil & gas services throughout the world.
This company has literally hundreds of positions available at any given time from entry to upper management levels.
Hard work is rewarded here and compensation benefits are normally of a high standard.

My career spanned from Lab Technician to field engineer to management over a twenty one year span.

In my latest years with the company certain philosophy changes and work ethics were not in my opinion a reflection of the early years.
Pros
Plenty of new opportunities, good remuneration, solid company
Cons
new directives and philosophies may have eroded company ethics
Fun and productive workplace, I have learned many skill about back load tools and machinery, very productive management,very good culture at workplace, the hardest part of the job is when have auditors and testing tool that we have done and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we success done all activity and satisfy work done
Pros
Full Time
Cons
short break and lunch
Good company and benefit for their employee.
Good in management in all area.
Management have profesional thinking.

Excellent in Safety and teamwork.

On job training and awareness is highly provided.
Pros
Family benefit
Cons
Na
# I'm enjoy to working here for a few years.. 5day /7. Flexible time and best work place to stay.
#SAP system & buddy system were practice here

#The best management team
# Flexible time & good enough to take a rest time
# trying to learn how to use all the code in SAP

# closing time
I have been with the company for more than 13 years and I enjoyed working here. People are nice and good office environment. Good management.

Very result oriented company.
“On Monday I begin by going over the list from the previous week, setting priorities. I review the progress of existing projects, then check the calendar to refresh my memory on the upcoming week. I like to meet with my staff early, mid and late week to discuss priorities, check progress, and then prepare for the following week. I want to make sure, as much as possible, that we can all dedicate to tasks that move projects forward, so I make habits out of organizational tasks for speed.”
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Management
Have a briefing before start the job, learn about how to communicate with teamwork and how to work independent. We have good leader and management. i have a good team in work and good co-operation.
Typical day at work: Depending with the current economy, when there's a high activity means have to work thru the night/weekend. It is challenging but satisfying job.

What I've learned: Basically from scratch how to prepare, assemble, load out, and run in hole the completion string.

Management: Professional

Coworkers: Professional and multinational

Hardest part of the job: Being away from family

Enjoyable part of the job: ZERO NPT/COPQ
All employees value the safety of each co-workers in Halliburton. The management did a great job on implementing safety procedures in every processes. Halliburton welcomes ideas and participation from every employees.
I learned a lot of safety procedures in the shop floor cause they provide trainings every year. I been working here in Halliburton in almost 5 years and I really felt secured every time I walk into my workplace. The hardest part of my job is exposing my self in various chemicals needed in the productions. Fortunately Halliburton provide PPE(personal protective equipment) to every employee to ensure safety in every processes. The most enjoyable part of my stay here is I get to know different kinds of cultures because Halliburton employees have different nationality
Pros
Free accomodation, transportation and meal.
Must balance the responsibilities and compensation

Good Production People

Free board and lodging

Good Environment

Taking care the people
Pros
Free lunch and house
Cons
Local Management problem
Every day is work hard because in a team group so need people to work together.
I'm learn is a good security safety. Every where every time have to in safety situation.

Is a very good management because very focus to work in safety.
Hardest part for me is is when all people need to find wrongly action all team member. because i think if in group u lose 1 person u have to cover your member team job.

The best part is very close to all member team help another person and very kind to all people. discuss and have a good result.
Pros
team work
Cons
Meeting everyday from morning to evening
Learned a lot with a lot of professional people, the information were easily accessible whether on network or people

Moderate management
Best co-workers
Had to deal with egoistic and proud customer asking for nearly impossible assignment and very tight timeline.

Good teamwork establish and maintain with Halliburton's workforce (Base, Offshore team, and HQ)
Pros
Money
Cons
No personal time
A fun-stress balance work environment. I learned so much on workshop equipment maintenance, waste management process, include DE7200, DE1000 centrifuges, cutting dryer, max2000 pump, and etc, get into filtration operation job of sodium bromide and calcium chloride.
Pros
Daily rate, meal allowance, fuel allowance, staff house
Cons
working everyday
Most of the employee happy with the day at the work base which is flexibility time and no tension on the job preparation.
i have learn and expose to more paper work documentation on site and also for the management.
almost the co-worker here and friendly and very professional.
Pros
flexible working time at the base workshop
Cons
no schedule at all for offshore personnal
In Halliburton safety is more priority than anything. They provide all the safety equipment and provide training and seminar as well. I learned to be more focus in quality because they only allowed you to have a 3 non-conformance for the whole year and challenge also to be a "quality champion for those who doesn't have non-conformance. The management also present every month company status by it's profit or status. The management also want us to focus on be productive and efficient every job we do. Most of my co-worker is Malay, some are Indians that also a foreigner like me. They all kind and helpful in work is talking about. The hardest part of my job is when you face some chattering issue for thread and ovality for part's material. Doing rework is the most enjoyable part in my job because it's a good challenge and i learned a lot from it. So every time my leader ask me to rework the part, I'm happy to do it.
Pros
We have every month tea break and seminar.
i learned a lot of things as a machinist.
i have many friends.

good management.
no hardest part of the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job is good company
Work in the yard and rig up in the boat for offshore job.
Learned some different equipment and have a friendly management,
friendly co-workers and after the offshore
the most enjoyable moment is we have a dinner party.
Pros
free food allowance and accomodation
Cons
equal time, good benefits, health care