Heriot-Watt University

Heriot-Watt University Employee Reviews

A good company to work, have a great environment, the benefit is excellent. -what you learned -management -workplace culture -the hardest part of the job -the most enjoyable part of the job-
This company is a very good employer despite very newly established one in Malaysia. Very accommodating and resourceful with regards to supporting its employees.
Backdated systems Good workforce Supportive middle and low management Poor top management, top down approach Poor staff benefit, not at par with others in the market
A typical day comprises of dealing with student's follow up request on financial, subject schedule or student issues which requires me to liaise with the relevant department to solve the issues. in addition to that, i usually involved in weekend class or new term plannings ranging from material preparation to class room bookings whilst liaising with UK counter partner. Consulting walk in, telephone and email enquiries on the MBA programme encompasses the day as well. my learning ground started here, varying from dealing with people professionally, the right way of communicating and planning for 2 years ahead and alike. I was given the opportunity to experience from small set up to bigger management style whereby more SOP in place and also aided in setting up own SOP as well. it was team based working environment, there is no flying solo concept and should there be any conflict faced by another colleague we aid each other. There isnt much setback experienced in job scope except for we strictly adhere to timeline although its an academic industry. We still practice strict timeline follow up as to keep up with the UK standard. The most enjoyable part is when good feedback is given on our services and our student pass with excellent result.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
system and database control still with UK campus