Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews for Intern

Intern12 reviews
Malaysia12 reviews
Best 5 star hotel experience in Kuala Lumpur
Gain a lot of knowledge and able to learn alot about Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Completed my internship with excellence. learn new social skills and finished training as waiter in Hilton Hotel.
Productive and Educational Workplace
Of all my internships I actually enjoyed my time at Hilton the most because there I learnt that it is never easy anywhere in the industry and that I have to strive and work the hardest to improve myself no matter in work or human interactions.
Pros
2 days off
All 3 important meals are provided, and a pool table too
during my 6 months as Intern, there is a lot of things to learn yet so little time to do so. There was some issue with some of the staffs but its all good in the end. Would give a rating of 3/5 overall.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
no overtime pay, yet commission is deducted when sick leave is applied
Fun working
It was fun working with few peoples there. I learnt a lot about food and beverages and also extranets. They give free staff meals and the manager and assistant manager of front office is so friendly
Pros
Staff meals, lockers
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work at
Was able to learn a lot from the chefs there. They were friendly and was able to teach us interns their way of work there. Food was excellent and the environment in the kitchen was great
Variety
I have worked in many departments (Pastry, Baking, Japanese, Malay, Chinese, and Garde Manger) in the hotel and met new people and friends. Location of the hotel was in KL so I used LRT to commute between my house and the hotel. As days passed, working in a hotel can be tedious and repetitive but at least I get to switch department that I worked in every few months.
Pros
Free lunches, Minimum wages as an intern
Cons
Low wages
A nice place to work
I did variety of work as i did my internship there. I learnt management work like organizing documents into specific files, go for food safety inspection with manager and learnt on what are the crucial things that should not be done in the kitchen and outlet. Enjoyed this department while learnt a lot of thing. Besides, did inventory check in receiving department. It is the most fun department as the people there was very helpful and friendly. Lastly i was in one of the outlet where sometimes nice to work sometimes few people just be very unfair to us. Otherwise, some of the staff there really take care and teach intern students well.
Pros
Free lunch
Gain experience and learn a lot in communication.
During this 4months internship, I have gain some cooking skill and experience. The most important things I gain during this internship is skills in communication.
I enjoy every moment during this intern, I enjoy work.
it was very fun and enjoyable, i want to work there for sure
i went to almost all the kitchen for a brief time, but i glad i can spend 6 month there learn about food and how to make them.they open my eyes about how the life as a chef is, you need to have commitment and sacrifice a lot, i love the challenge and up for it
Pros
free lunch best environment helpful team member
Cons
it was challenging and learn the hard way
Good working environemnt
friendly employer, feels happy and relax to work with each other, willing to assist between each other, work hard play hard
Strict and organised
worked at the Japanese Restaurant, Chinese Restaurant and Western Restaurant. very busy during meal hours
I have learnt different types of dining cultures while working here..

at housekeeping the whole system was so organised that my job specification was clear and I was expected to perform quickly as the hotel was quite frequently busy

at back office the calls were numerous and they had teams operating the telephone queries and complaints

The management was organised and firm on decisions that puts us the employees the correct mindset

the hardest part of the job was handling busy restaurant and time pressure in housekeeping to prepare the room for the next occupant

the enjoyable part of the job was the staff meals were superb and satisfying
Pros
the breakfast and lunch provided was beyond expectation
Cons
strict and busy all the time
its a good working place , the managment aslo provides a resting room for the workesr especiallyy for those working the night shift
i learnt the importance of working together as a team ,and the importance of having to learn the local language of the place ..
Pros
free meals for employees ( breakfast, lunch and dinner )