I am happy because I was part of Hilton's team member before. I have learned to preparing and serving drinks to our guests follow the recipes set. It was a blessed to have a very supportive and fun team member too.
nice place to work,have relax room and cafeteria for staff,monthly staff meeting to acknowledge best staff and info hotel busness
oro Cafe Team Leader (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur - 25 October 2016
Overall its was fun place to work with...profesional team...a lot of thing can be learned.
Good management teams
Learning in communicate and built raport with customer
Handling guest complain
uniform, meals, medical, and training was provided
- In Sales we learn a lot as everyday we are meeting up client and each client has their own requirements
- I am happy to coach the new staff as it's a learning process for me also
- I can learn more in other aspects such as doing forecast, monitoring the system and yielding
- Sometimes when we are too busy with functions we do not have our own time for our own self and family
- But when you see you have succeed in making the client happy then all your hard work is pay off.
i went to almost all the kitchen for a brief time, but i glad i can spend 6 month there learn about food and how to make them.they open my eyes about how the life as a chef is, you need to have commitment and sacrifice a lot, i love the challenge and up for it
work in Hilton 3 and half year, firstly was joining as a customer service agent. What make me feel Hilton is the best place to work...the working culture....the follow colleagues....and the lovely guests. After 6months of customer service life I been transferred to Chinese restaurant. My favorite department. Feel great that work in such team...caring...good team work.. understanding..i enjoyed the busy flow here...
3and half years....it make me feel time to move...to learn something new, and wanna work in a small island... more then 10years work in a big city now I preferred to slow down my step and need place which can have relax place to work...but I still can provide my customer service to the guests from all around the world.
1. Industrial training during my completion of diploma for 3 months.
2. Work was tough with fresh new jobs scope that i never face before.
3. Standard of operating procedures for cleaning procedure, checking room, laundry and stock attendant, room services.Record and Report all faults and damage arising to Maintenance. Record and report lost property according to hotel procedures.
4. Co-workers are friendly and helpful with trainee
5. Hardest part of the job was the difficulties to differentiate different types of chemical during my first month of training.
6. Most enjoyable part of the job was during the cleaning process.
worked at the Japanese Restaurant, Chinese Restaurant and Western Restaurant. very busy during meal hours
I have learnt different types of dining cultures while working here..
at housekeeping the whole system was so organised that my job specification was clear and I was expected to perform quickly as the hotel was quite frequently busy
at back office the calls were numerous and they had teams operating the telephone queries and complaints
The management was organised and firm on decisions that puts us the employees the correct mindset
the hardest part of the job was handling busy restaurant and time pressure in housekeeping to prepare the room for the next occupant
the enjoyable part of the job was the staff meals were superb and satisfying
the breakfast and lunch provided was beyond expectation
1.i have experience in along shift working hours.
2.i work with a busy company that make me to do fast job and learn fast.( time management)
3.i am having very good comunication with my supervisor and my team mate.
4.i learn all types af pastries e.g cakes,biscuits,tarts and all types of french pastries
5. developed very good skills in cake decoration
6. developed very good skills in chololate decoration.
Learn to negotiated and time management
Management is average while salary and benefit are poor
co-worker are friendly and there are team work among us
hardest part is need to handle last minutes purchase for functions need
most enjoyable part is our department head is an understanding and friendly boss and we do organize some outing for our department.
In this place i had learn how to deal with staff work more successful and handle their personal problem. I learned how to controlling the casual labour cost and monitoring the staff performance development plan and ensure all the staff are met the hotel standard eventhough can reached better higher standard
1) Work & have fun at the same time.
2) Grooming is a serious affair at work.
3) Encourage an open communications among team members.
4) Big bosses always on the floor.
5) Parties & celebrations upon achieving recognitions, birthdays etc.
6) Best buffet food served for staff meal.
7) WIFI and computers provided for staff to use during break time.
8) Manicure, hair cut & shoulder massage for the staff.
9) Worldwide Hotel Reservations - staff discounted rate.
10) Cash voucher & hotel free stay for staff during certain events.
liked working there because:
A very good place to start with a world recognized 5 star brand. learnt the ropes of working in the hotel industry, covering from back of the house production to liaising with customers at the front.
none, had to leave to further study in Australia